GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script POSSIBLE NEW ON-LINE COURTS IN ENGLAND & WALES UNDER REVIEW - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POSSIBLE NEW ON-LINE COURTS IN ENGLAND & WALES UNDER REVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POSSIBLE NEW ON-LINE COURTS IN ENGLAND & WALES UNDER REVIEW

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31483099
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: POSSIBLE NEW ON-LINE COURTS IN ENGLAND & WALES UNDER REVIEW

Being at home instead of a court room may make defendants feel less stressed and worried which can only be a good thing however basing it on eBay resolutions does concern me. Ebay seem to always side with the buyer, if that model is used for the claimant I fear that voices may not be heard.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Being at home instead of a court room may make defendants feel less stressed and worried which can only be a good thing however basing it on eBay resolutions does concern me. Ebay seem to always side with the buyer, if that model is used for the claimant I fear that voices may not be heard.

Valid point

Comment

It also means you need an internet/phone connection and a computer/phone. This immediately puts those at the very lowest ebb without the means to follow up. Much in the same way as those who cannot afford a stamp (stamp or bread?) cannot respond to a court letter. What happens if you send a response without postage to Northampton?

The only winning here are the Banks and the DCAs who will be able to 'attend' proceedings one day a week for a whole day from the office instead of having to travel to courts in different areas. They may be able to do 2-4 an hour as opposed to 1 or 2 a day. Think of the staff savings and extra profits!

Comment

Oh god. No. It can't happen.

Judges bend over enough for DCA's as it is. I think having your hour in court on SCC can make or break your defence.

Definitely 100% against this. It can't proceed. It's a mockery of the judicial system and will mean rewriting elements of PAP / CPR - nah. It's rubbish IMO
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Could work for some whiplash claims where there is a yard of medical evidence and police reports. All you go to court for in these cases is the fun of seeing the barristers earn more than the payout, as there is Quantum which limits the amount anyone will give you.

Or when the next door neighbour runs over your cat and charges you for new tyres, and other esoteric happenings.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Oh god. No. It can't happen.

Judges bend over enough for DCA's as it is. I think having your hour in court on SCC can make or break your defence.

Definitely 100% against this. It can't proceed. It's a mockery of the judicial system and will mean rewriting elements of PAP / CPR - nah. It's rubbish IMO
              What you get with a MoJ under tory rule I thought the kerbing of legal aid was bad enough but this takes the piss

Comment

This may go hand in hand with the MOJ's current project to outsource the Court Bailiff function. BT is the current preferred bidder over ATOS(French), IBM(US), CAPITA(India, US and other), and a few others. Although it is better to have a UK based firm dealing with everybody's personal details, they do use foreign centres. Will they use their telephone connections to find you????

This is yet another way to reduce the integrity of the British way of life. Each privatisation of the Civil Service functions makes each of us more vulnerable. It is not cheaper to privatise or outsource, as the winners of these contracts stick to the letter of the contract which means so many unstated functions are left out. Some of the methods and systems have been honed to near perfection over hundreds of years, yet they are outsourced for being too expensive, whereas the end result of privatisation is even more expensive and less stable. Something need time and money which cannot be substituted on idealistic grounds, eg privatisation of A&E services from which the contractors have recently withdrawn, £b failure of NHS computer system as contractors walked away after constant changes imposed, etc

One of the main reasons for failure in producing government systems is that the people outsourcing them and setting up the contracts only know a small part of what is required to provide a comparable service/system, because they have not worked a the coal face. The result is constant changes to the contract as the holes are discovered and sometimes that is just too expensive or impossible to replicate, and it is canned. Fingers crossed......

Comment

And the imminent failure of Universal Credit that IDS is hell-bent in praising up but a look at computer weekly will reveal many articles of it's failure and any savings will be more than offset against the billions wasted.

I am dead against privatisation of any public asset as the switich is always money out of the treasury and into the hands of private equity investors and shareholders which always comes above good services

Comment

Working...
                  X