GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script BT to buy mobile firm EE for £12.5bn - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BT to buy mobile firm EE for £12.5bn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT to buy mobile firm EE for £12.5bn

Telecoms group BT has bought the mobile operator EE for £12.5bn.

The takeover creates a communications giant covering fixed-line phones, broadband, mobile and TV. Existing EE shareholders Orange and Deutsche Telekom will sell 100% of their shares.

Deutsche Telecom will hold 12% in the new combined business and have a seat on the board.

More -----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31144009
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: BT to buy mobile firm EE for £12.5bn

Oh dear I hate BT. Have a sad feeling services will decline now.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      BT's services declined a long time ago I fear this will make a poor service even worse.

We we run our company email through BT via Microsoft office 365, they managed to disable our emails in January, it took them 3 days to get them up and running again and that was only after one of my employees had wasted hours on the phone to them...

i need to find another source to manage our emails, the problem is we've had the same "@btconnect" email addresses for years and it would cause major disruption to change addresses.

Comment

Been declining for ages, where is the Monopolies commission

- - - Updated - - -

Been declining for ages, where is the Monopolies commission

Comment

It's a shame as you can't have mail forwarding to a new email addy without bt actually working lol maybe you should just do it now and hope it lasts long enough to capture everyone before the new becomes well known. I did it some years ago. Now Hotmail is a distant memory

Comment

Working...
          X