GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Londoners have been warned to brace themselves for a violent storm that could batter the city with winds of 70 miles per hour on Sunday evening.
    Heavy rain and powerful gusts of wind are expected to hit the capital on Sunday and continue into Monday morning, affecting roads and trains.

More---> http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/br...n-8903377.html
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Sunny and warmish here at the moment.....
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1382918400

Click image for larger version

Name:	8f457001.png
Views:	1
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	1398310

Comment

I might just stay in bed Sunday/Monday

Comment

Recheck the link. They've just expanded that "amber area". :/

Comment

If you dont see me again after Monday, its because our neighbour has refused to cut a tree he has for over 2 years and its crashed through my livingroom window!

Comment

We could nick name this storm......Hurricane Deepie

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                Recheck the link. They've just expanded that "amber area". :/

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                If you dont see me again after Monday, its because our neighbour has refused to cut a tree he has for over 2 years and its crashed through my livingroom window!

Oh no SXGuy, that's not on is it!!

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                We could nick name this storm......Hurricane Deepie
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Weather: Storm Alerts As UK Set For 'Hurricane'

More news----> http://news.sky.com/story/1159525/we...-for-hurricane

Comment

It was warm and sunny here earlier...I even went out without taking a coat or cardigan with me. Now it's absolutely pouring down and there's thunder and lightening.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                      Weather: Storm Alerts As UK Set For 'Hurricane'

More news----> http://news.sky.com/story/1159525/we...-for-hurricane

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      Now it's absolutely pouring down and there's thunder and lightening.
                      Same here!!
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well it's still sunny here ...just... and the wind has picked up slightly

Comment

I'm watching it here...it's coming my way..http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Comment

Supposed to be travelling the length of M4 with a trailer on Monday

Comment

Thanks for the warning, Deepie. Am definitely in the amber area, but live in the town centre so hoping it won't be too bad in my own neck of the woods.

Been a lovely day here today. Went out in the car earlier and it was 19 degrees. It would be hard to believe it is nearly November if it wasn't for the dark evenings.

Comment

Working...
                              X