GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brace yourselves: violent storm and 70mph winds set to batter London

Still very quiet here. Had a lot of rain overnight, but has been quite sunny during the day. Perhaps it is the lull before the storm ...
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You southerners. Scared of a wee wind n rain
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Seem to have mostly missed that I think? Plenty of rain, but not much wind here.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
          Seem to have mostly missed that I think? Plenty of rain, but not much wind here.
          If it was windy here I slept through it.....and every thing seems to be intact

Comment

it's a lovely morning here, lot of rain in the night but no wind.......................

Comment

Drove in to work this morning, roads were like a scene from the Walking Dead. Trees fallen everywhere, having to go around them, a lorry overturned on the M11 blocking two lanes. Another lorry with its windscreen smashed in due to a fallen branch. Everyone driving on a go slow. Great start, was ment to be in the gym this morning but decided to drive straight in instead.

Comment

well last night was fun....had rain & lots of it yesterday but thunder last night...up with a crash about 2am we lost a couple of tiles from the roof! must have been a rough around here rang the repairline for the house this morning usually in a queue from 9am or around four or five calls....18 when I started at 9am!

Comment

only rain where we are thank goodness it bypassed us

Comment

BBC weather forecasters said the highest gust of wind at 99mph (159km/h) was recorded at Needles Old Battery, Isle of Wight.

In more populous areas including Lyneham, near Swindon; Yeovilton in Somerset and Hurn, near Bournemouth, speeds of 74-75mph (119-121km/h) had been recorded.

BBC forecaster Steve Cleeton said the rapidly moving weather system had travelled east and was now just north of Holland.

"The swathe of strong winds looks to be pretty much on the way out," he said.

He said winds were at about 50mph (80km/hr) across the northern part of Norfolk.

"The severe damaging winds have gone now," he said, adding that the day would remain blustery.

• Three houses have collapsed and two others have been damaged following a gas explosion caused by a fallen tree on Bath Road in Hounslow, London Fire Brigade says. Three people escaped before firefighters arrived and an elderly woman was taken to hospital
                    • Coastguards say they will not start searching for the 14-year-old boy - who has been named as Dylan Alkins - who was swept away in Newhaven, East Sussex on Sunday
                    • Both reactors in Dungeness power station's B units have been automatically shut down after power to the site was cut off. The site's own generators are providing power to the site
                    • The Metropolitan Police says it received 792 calls to its 101 and 999 numbers between 06:00 and 08:00 GMT, compared with the 200 it would normally expect. The most common call was for "tree in road"
                    • Sussex Police say 125 trees have fallen across Sussex - including one on a taxi in Eastbourne, from which the driver climbed out uninjured
                    • The helter-skelter at Clacton Pier in Essex has blown down, but the structure has not fallen into the sea
                    • London Mayor Boris Johnson will chair an emergency resilience meeting involving all emergency services and relevant agencies later on Monday morning
                    • Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has cancelled his monthly press conference because of a crane collapsed on the roof of the Cabinet Office
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Looks like the South East got the brunt of it......

Comment

Well that past better than I thought except foe some water getting in arouns the chimney and dripping into bedroom, flashing around chimney kaput insurance co on to it

Comment

Working...
                        X