GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Workless households at record low, says ONS - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Workless households at record low, says ONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workless households at record low, says ONS

Workless households at record low, says ONS

The proportion of UK households where no adult aged 16 to 64 is in work is at its lowest since comparable records began in 1996, official figures show.

Read more-------> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23862993
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Workless households at record low, says ONS

Well stick that up your pipe and smoke it IDS

Comment

What a load of old shit...

The reason why this is so is either because:

a) People have been shoved on poxy training courses to get them off the stats,
      b) People have been forced to take zero hour contracts to get them off the stats
      c) People have been forced onto work experience placements to get them off the stats
      c) People are claiming other Benefits which will take them off the unemployment stats

Not to mention the raising of the school leaving age to keep more young people off the general unemployment stats as well.

Does this Government seriously think that the public are that stupid?!
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I agree with P1. Just wondered how they get the stats that they manipulate. They don't knock on your door and ask who is working.

I expect that if you go to ask for benefits, they ask you if anybody in the household is working. If you are living with others who are working you are limited on the benefits if any you can claim, so it is not worth claiming and ending up on the end of one of Dominic Thingy's investigations, even if not guilty of fraud.

In this way you avoid a whole stack of people who live off their savings/redundancy payout/loans and family handouts while looking of work. It does not touch the black economy either. If you are redundant of 55 you could also draw a company pension as there is no chance of work and no point in applying for benefits, but you have a possibility of finding a small income form babysitting or a zero hours contract with B&Q.

Comment

I would love to know where they get the info. from....

The whole country is on a massive fiddle anyway. I could tell you things about the education system that would explain how kids can leave school with a string of qualifications, yet can't read beyond the age of 10 years, tell the time or do joined up thinking....

It's all meant to show that the country is continually improving, so if you have a problem it's your own fault kinda thing. Trouble is, a lot of people are still brainwashed by it.
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

statistics, you can prove anything you want with statistics

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
              What a load of old shit...

The reason why this is so is either because:

a) People have been shoved on poxy training courses to get them off the stats,
              b) People have been forced to take zero hour contracts to get them off the stats
              c) People have been forced onto work experience placements to get them off the stats
              c) People are claiming other Benefits which will take them off the unemployment stats

Not to mention the raising of the school leaving age to keep more young people off the general unemployment stats as well.

Does this Government seriously think that the public are that stupid?!
              Those on a sanction are also taken off unemployment stats

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Those on a sanction are also taken off unemployment stats
                Forgot about that..... the whole thing stinks! Whatever happened to not treating people like idiots and telling the truth?
                Remember the mantra:

Comment

I have nothing against sanctions if they was targeted at the right people but the fact is they are dished out like confetti because JC+ sfaff are under too much pressure and thus the wrong ones are being hit.

Comment

Working...
                  X