GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pensioners face a lifetime of paying off debts - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pensioners face a lifetime of paying off debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pensioners face a lifetime of paying off debts

One in five are in the red on the day they retire, with debts averaging £31,000. Many still owe hundreds of thousands of pounds on interest-only mortgages, caught between endowments that failed to deliver and lenders demanding repayment.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...off-debts.html

Re: Pensioners face a lifetime of paying off debts

those of us of a certain age have been well and truly done over by the financial industry

Comment

my mother is still working, should have retired a few years ago, just cant afford to.

But thanx to AAD debt is the last of her worries! so at least thats something.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Luckily I have a fair bit of equity in my home so will not be paying my mortgage into retirement as I will sell it before then clear all my debts then rent

Comment

Been thinking that way myself.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
            those of us of a certain age have been well and truly done over by the financial industry
            Its not too bad if they keep raising the retirement age I should be debt clear about 2050. Iwill be almost a century.

Comment

Working...
            X