GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Co-op Bank to close 37 branches and lose Britannia name - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Co-op Bank to close 37 branches and lose Britannia name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-op Bank to close 37 branches and lose Britannia name

Co-op Bank to close 37 branches and lose Britannia name

The Co-operative has become the latest bank to announced a programme of branch closures. It also confirmed the Britannia name will disappear from the high street.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...nnia-name.html
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Co-op Bank to close 37 branches and lose Britannia name

I thought they were taking over some of the Lloydstsb branches.

What happened?

Comment

They are 600 odd and increasing their customer base by over 2 million, but they have co-op banks and Britannia building societies on the same street some infact side by side so need to address that.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
        They are 600 odd and increasing their customer base by over 2 million, but they have co-op banks and Britannia building societies on the same street some infact side by side so need to address that.
        oh dear that's bad news for us we have 3 accounts with co-op and have our Loydstsb accounts in dispute in the ue diaries.

Will they throw us out when they realise this , or take money from our account to pay back the overdrafts ?

Comment

Will be interested to find out what happens Spent2much, because we also have a Co-op account and are in dispute with LTSB.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            oh dear that's bad news for us we have 3 accounts with co-op and have our Loydstsb accounts in dispute in the ue diaries.

Will they throw us out when they realise this , or take money from our account to pay back the overdrafts ?
            No this will not occur, as they currently have different banking licences and as long as that is the case they will not offset from one group to another.

Barclays and Egg is a prime example. As is Tesco and RBS.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Elsie52 View Post
              Will be interested to find out what happens Spent2much, because we also have a Co-op account and are in dispute with LTSB.!!
              Half of the UK must have something in dispute with LTSB
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

'Aint that the truth.!!

Comment

Too True

You've just answered my question without me asking it

Good here "Aint it"
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    No this will not occur, as they currently have different banking licences and as long as that is the case they will not offset from one group to another.

good news then

Comment

Doesn't matter now as coop are in the poo and have pulled out of the ltsb deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

This is good news
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

It is academic anyway as the coop pulled out. We have enough to worry about without making things up.

Comment

Working...
                          X