GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Police investigate debt management business - Money Worries & Debt Help Direct - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Police investigate debt management business - Money Worries & Debt Help Direct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police investigate debt management business - Money Worries & Debt Help Direct

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...ement-business

Debt management firm Debt Help Direct has ceased trading as it faces a criminal investigation.

The company, which also uses the trading name Money Worries, is being investigated by Cheshire Constabulary.

Cheshire Police confirmed that it is in relation to the arrest of a 38-year-old man from Macclesfield at business premises in Handforth, near Wilmslow, on 6 March.

The male was arrested on suspicion of fraud by false representation, theft of clients’ monies and possession of Class A drugs.

A residential address in Bonis Hall Lane in Macclesfield was also raided by police and a quantity of what are believed to be controlled drugs was seized.

In a statement, Cheshire Constabulary said: “We have details of all the account holders and work is in hand to facilitate the process of assigning the customer accounts to another company or group of companies to assist in the management of all customers’ debts.

“We are hopeful that this process will be concluded sometime in the week commencing Monday 11 March.”

The Credit Services Association (CSA) has alerted members to the transfer of clients from Debt Help Direct.

Claire Aynsley, head of membership and compliance at the CSA, said: “At this current time, we are unaware who the other DMCs will be, however, as soon as we have further details, we will update members accordingly.

“Given the circumstances, the Office of Fair Trading is happy for members to make direct contact with any customers they may have who are in a plan with Debt Help Direct and/or Money Worries.”
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Police investigate debt management business - Money Worries & Debt Help Direct

This was posted yesterday in newsfeed blog

--> Police investigate debt management business - allaboutFORUMS
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Police investigate debt management business - Money Worries & Debt Help Direct

Didn't show up on the feed for me.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oh well it's good enough to be here twice mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Fair enough.

Annoying that my feed reader won't pick it up though. It has all the rest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1b078001.png
Views:	1
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	1393300

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
            Didn't show up on the feed for me.
            Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
            Oh well it's good enough to be here twice mate
            Yes, i noticed this morning that it still showed the last posting being 'Thousands of jobs created' to deal with PPI mis-selling - allaboutFORUMS even though that was the first posting of the day yesterday. But at the bottom of the main Forum screen it showed Police investigate debt management business - allaboutFORUMS

Comment

Remember we're updating blogs to get rid of errors so may catch itself up later

Comment

I must admit, I was a little surprised that it appeared it had been missed. (As it turns out it wasn't). I've just got used to trusting what my feed reader picks up, and should have checked properly.

Comment

Working...
                X