GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

would never say you should wake sleeping dogs but the ones that are being paid, may well be worth a go

Comment

I agree MrsD, just the one's who are active.

I've pm'd you with a few background queries SXGuy

Elsa x

Comment

So recently my mother received a letter from Dlc regarding a review of her payments. Because I've been so busy I haven't had chance to reply. Anyway yesterday she tells me she had two calls from so called mbna. Now clearly it's Dlc since they bought the debt. Anyway she spoke to them. Which I've now told her not to. Anyway they offered her to pay less lol was shocked. I'm thinking I may reply to the letter now saying actually I can only afford 15 quid a month now thanx for asking
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Small update. Dlc have sold the mbna account to Cabot financial. Or rather ME III as they are also known.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've just got one of those too. Their computer must have been busy this week

Comment

Hey guys, seems ages since i posted in my UE thread, bit of an expert at this these days so dont usually bother anymore, but just thought id add this bit of info, more so, i can remember whats happening and look back on later.

Basically, my mother has a Barclaycard Commercial credit card, its not linked to our business in anyway, its just a business credit card given to my mother as a sole trader, unsure whether the terms would be any different, but assuming as its pre 2007 the same CCA sections will apply.

Anyway, recently found out she had stopped paying them, and subsequently, they have passed the account over to Westcot, was abit annoyed that shes done this so late in the day (just over a year or so left from SB on her other cards) but its done now, so have no choice but to play the UE route again!.

As far as i am aware, barclaycard have not complied with sending a default notice, nor a notice of termination, they have just simply passed the debt on to westcot (will double check but it appears all they have passed on is the missed payments plus interest).

Was waiting for the letter from Westcot before doing anything, and yesterday, she received it, so will send off a CCA tomorrow. will update thread with debt balance etc when i have more information.

EDIT: just to add, everything else is quiet on the western front, no news is good news.

Comment

• Its been a long time since i updated this thread, but i thought id update it now, as most of my mothers credit cards are all passed SB. There are only a couple which she continued to pay token payments for, which might have another year or so to run before they are SB, however im pretty sure all but one have defaulted her more than 6 years ago.

Sadly my mother has since passed away in the last few weeks, however, it doesnt take away from the fact that she died mostly, debt free.

I have to now deal with her probate, the issue i have is although her credit file is probably mostly clear, Natwest (who have confirmed UE) never did default her, so unsure if they have been continuing to place late payment markers on her credit file.

Idealy i need to do some sort of credit search on her, but i dont really want to wake up any creditors given that i would prefer probate to go through smoothly.

Any advice as to how i can tackle a credit search without awakening unwanted mail, would be aprecaited.

Comment

• My condolences on the loss of your mother.
                  I think this is something that you should take up with Di in her professional capacity

di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk
                  or
                  0330 053 9340.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    My condolences on the loss of your mother.
                    I think this is something that you should take up with Di in her professional capacity

di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk
                    or
                    0330 053 9340.
                    Yes your quite right, i shall contact her, thanks.

Comment

• My condolences on the loss of your mother.

Comment

• So sad to hear about your Mother SxGuy..........Thinking of you and yours at this time

Comment

Working...
                        X