GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Flossy UE Diary & YB Hassle

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Re-Quoting so you don't miss this
    Thanks Niddy. I am completely on track today and know exactly what I am doing. Feel more in control than I have for a long time.

Will email you my letter once done which might be later tomorrow as I have a funeral tomorrow then a few hours drive to hospital in one day!

Cabot off tomorrow morning.
    MBNA's letters asap - send to you to check through
    Creation - we know where we are up to and on different thread...

Cheers

Comment

** Just for the benefit of others, Flossy & I have been chatting on email and discussed various options hence you'll notice there isn't that much personal stuff being discussed in public and why we're emailing.

The main jist will be put here, but the specifics and personalisation will be omitted.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

** Just for the benefit of others, Flossy & I have been chatting on email and discussed various options hence you'll notice there isn't that much personal stuff being discussed in public and why we're emailing.

The main jist will be put here, but the specifics and personalisation will be omitted.

Can understand that situation.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Flossy

Yes follow what Niddy is suggesting . As normal I was muddying the waters with what ifs and possible things for the future (I find it hard to do it day at a time and deal with each letter as it comes).

I haven't used the write off request on any of my old debts although it's a thought -to be honest I am not ill enough whereas , without being rude , have several documented physical illnesses that can not be disproven, but I did use the fact I was under the Dr to get the creditors to back off a little and be more cooperative when I first started on the UE route.

Comment

Originally posted by Flossy View Post
            Thanks Niddy. I am completely on track today and know exactly what I am doing. Feel more in control than I have for a long time.

Flossy. So pleased you're feeling back in control again Your health matters so much more than these evil money lenders.

Comment

Sorry, seems this was missed.

Yes! They can and will utilise RoSo if you previously had any debts within RBS Group (includes Ulser Bank and Natpest Bank (sic)). If you have debt within the group do not have any balance in the account, the clever way to play it is if you know the dates money is due in, get rid of it into 'safe' accounts the same day as the bank only utilise RoSo if they see a large balance at the monthly update feed - they don't add a marker saying "we'll RoSo next time there are funds" as this could inadvertently make you OD in which case they'd be in a wee bit of poo, knee hight or thereabouts.

Basically RoSo is best utilised when you maintain a healthy balance within a linked account so best way to avoid it is to never have much in the account, withdraw your spending cash if possible and use cash to buy things or load it onto a pre-pay card that offers free online purchases etc so you're able to shop online without risking RoSo.

Queries? Gimme a shout
              Thanks Niddy.

Basically I am better off changing banks and getting away from the RBS. The only problem with that is who do I go to to bank? I do have another account (had for years)with Santander which was basically a savings account. I am sure they would be able to set up a normal current account or the 123 account they keep banging on about. I know they are a bit crap but at least it will be away from the Natwest! There is no connection with Santander is there with any of my creditors? (will check online as well)

Comment

Thanks Niddy.

Basically I am better off changing banks and getting away from the RBS. The only problem with that is who do I go to to bank? I do have another account (had for years)with Santander which was basically a savings account. I am sure they would be able to set up a normal current account or the 123 account they keep banging on about. I know they are a bit crap but at least it will be away from the Natwest! There is no connection with Santander is there with any of my creditors? (will check online as well)
                Santander are linked to old GE Money accounts (such as debenhams store card or asda credit card) - but otherwise you ought to be ok. I just opened a 123 account as my main DD account, I keep £3k in there and pay the main bills from it - in my first full month I was paid out £32 and paid £2 fee

It depends what bills/DD's you have whether it's a good bet but it is a good account and IB is sooo easy to use, I actually like it - shame the bank as a whole is shyte!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I quite like Santander.. I mean sure they cock up like the others but they have been pretty OK.

I also really like my Halifax account - they have merged with Lloyds my nemesis but they don't share records etc ..... yet.

Comment

Santander are linked to old GE Money accounts (such as debenhams store card or asda credit card) - but otherwise you ought to be ok. I just opened a 123 account as my main DD account, I keep £3k in there and pay the main bills from it - in my first full month I was paid out £32 and paid £2 fee

It depends what bills/DD's you have whether it's a good bet but it is a good account and IB is sooo easy to use, I actually like it - shame the bank as a whole is shyte!
                    Its perfect for me as I can do the same thing as my situation is similar to yours.. I can then get my DD paid out and earn cash along the way. I have 1 account with them anyway so I just need to set up 2 more. Perfect!

I hope you used Topcashback to get the account so you could make more money?

Santander was going to buy 318 branches of RBS but it has fallen through.

Will update my diary a bit later. Just got to go out for a bit.

Thanks Niddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                      I quite like Santander.. I mean sure they cock up like the others but they have been pretty OK.

I also really like my Halifax account - they have merged with Lloyds my nemesis but they don't share records etc ..... yet.
                      Likewise, I use HBOS as my main account (mine are Bank of Scotland) and also have Santander now. Well that's not entirely true cos I have a lot of current accounts, including Nationwide, Coventry, Bank of Cyprus (business & personal).....

HBOS are now integral, yes they share data within the group, so if you owe money to Lloyds don't keep a lot in HBOS or they'll snap it up. I had that happen yonks ago (5 years) when Halifax took a grand out my BOS account - they shared data etc at that point, the same as Lloyds/HBOS do. Why do you think the HBOS online is now identical to Lloyds.... cos they're now running from the same platform ready for the final merger.

Comment

UPDATE MBNA 1 & 2 Letter before COURT ACTION

MBNA 1(Virgin CC)

MBNA £20k
                        defaulted may 2011
                        bought by Britannica S.A.R.L Mortlake (Moorgate)
                        Passed to Arden Credit
                        CCA request sent Jan 12, received back Feb 12
                        Told it is .
                        Now at Earlswood & Co Solicitors - given 7 days before action.

MBNA 2

MBNA £6k
                        defaulted may 2011
                        bought by Britannica S.A.R.L Mortlake (Moorgate)
                        Passed to Arden Credit
                        CCA request sent Jan 12, received back Feb 12 - Further CCA sent by MOORGATE June 12 which is different to the first CCA
                        Told both are Enforceable.
                        Now at Earlswood & Co Solicitors - given 7 days before action.

Both accounts have had letters sent as per normal -

PT letter, Threat O Gram, etc. They will not accept any further delay hence being passed to a Solicitor.

16 October 2012 - Wrote to Earlwood Solicitors sent a copy of the letter to Arden.
                        Letter basically was to stall them from taking any action while I work on a 'please write this debt or at least a good % of it off as I will not be able to pay them the amounts owing for quite some time due to me being unable to work due to being so ill." I also emailed it so that it would get there quicker. Just need to work on the letter now and send to Niddy to have a look at before sending.
                        Last edited by Flossy; 24 October 2012, 11:37.

Comment

UPDATE - YB CC CABOT

Yorkshire Bank CC
                          Defaulted June 2011
                          £13k
                          Bought by Cabot October 2011
                          Told its
                          Paying £1pm till September 2012
                          Received a few letter asking me to pay the 'agreed amount' - No agreement in place and threats of court action.
                          14 October 2012 - sent final response letter
                          Last edited by Flossy; 24 October 2012, 10:23.

Comment

UPDATE - HALIFAX CC

Halifax CC
                            Defaulted March 2011
                            £10.5k
                            - Passed to Wescot - Requested CCA January 2012 - Refused as they where not the creditor!
                            - Re-sent the CCA request - Wouldn't send it to me as above.
                            - PT Letter sent
                            - Passed to Robinson Way Limited March 2012 - A/C in Dispute sent
                            - Robinson Way sent ALL CC Statements - June 2012
                            - CCA received June 2012 - Told (No PO ever cashed)
                            - Sent PT letter
                            - Halifax - July 2012 - Instructed Moorcroft DCA to deal with my A/C
                            - Moorcroft sending threatening letters & % Offer of DISCOUNT up to 25% or greater depending on circumstances!
                            - A/C in Dispute letter sent - September 2012
                            - Halifax replied September 2012 - CCA already sent
                            - Moorcroft replied to my A/C in dispute letter Sept 2012 - looking in to it.
                            - Moorcroft letter October 2012 - Letter to say that the HALIFAX HAVE NO RECORDS of my original CCA request letter, forward this to them to enable them to re-request a copy of my CCA.
                            - A/C on hold.

Comment

UPDATE - MINT CC

Mint CC
                              Defaulted January 2011
                              £15k
                              - Passed to Power2contact December 2010
                              - Mint sending letters out adding charges upon charges, despite my letters asking for help with CCCS.
                              - Mint added charges after defaulting me, started paying £1 pm again January 2011
                              - Mint agreed £1 pm January 2011 with the 'Collections Department'
                              - Requested CCA January 2012 - Wouldn't send CCA due to not signing using personal signature.
                              - Stopped £1pm payments.
                              - Letter to Mint No signature required
                              - Refused 4 times.
                              - Mint threat to transfer me to external DCA March 2012
                              - Sent 'Threat of DCA letter' March 2012
                              - Passed to Shoosmiths Solicitors April 2012
                              - Letter to Solicitors A/C in Dispute April 2012
                              - Mint sent CCA May 2012 which I was told is
                              - Threat of Court Action from Shoosmiths unless I fill out I&E August 2012
                              - Wrote to Shoosmiths & Copied to Mint, explained all my financial position, illnesses, unable to work, etc and asked if I could go back to paying £1pm. Shoosmiths emailed me that they are no longer dealing with my account and that Mint would be dealing with it. September 2012
                              - Mint wrote saying they could no get hold of me and that I have not contacted them to arrange a payment plan??? Therefore its now been passed to Wescot.
                              - Few threatening letters from Wescot who have now passed to Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors offering me a discount on my outstanding balance, this is only available for a few days!

- Sent A/C in dispute?

Comment

Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Flossy
                                UPDATE - YB CC CABOT

Yorkshire Bank CC
                                Defaulted June 2011
                                £13k
                                Bought by Cabot October 2011
                                Told its
                                Paying £1pm till September 2012
                                Received a few letter asking me to pay the 'agreed amount' - No agreement in place and threats of court action.
                                14 October 2012 - sent final response letter

Letter back from Cabot dated 19 October 2012 - We wish to advise you that your account continues to be in default of payment, etc. If you do not take any positive action to settle the outstanding balance with us immediately, we may forward your account to an external DCA or commence legal action to recover this debt if your account meets out litigation criteria, goes on about CCJ's or CO.

Need to think of what to do next?

Comment

Working...
                                X