GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Thanks guys, I think it was another of those times when I knew what I was going to do, I just wanted to check in case anyone came back with a big fat "keep paying them".... Maybe the 'other side' sits in my semi-conscious thoughts more than I realise

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
      Mint

Code:
      Name                     - Mint
      Type of account          - Credit Card
      Date commenced           - Dec 2003
      Approx balance           - £2,700
      Date last paid           - Mar-11    
      Arrangement/not paying   - Token Payment
      Status                   - In Arrears (DN Rec'd) 
      Account owner            - Lender/DCA?

Key:
      Them
      Me
      Other

Activity
      1. 13/04/2011 Received letter won't action as unsigned
      2. 18/05/2011 Notice of arrears
      3. 24/05/2011 Default Notice
      4. 20/06/2011 Account closed and will be passed to DCA
      5. 06/07/2011 Triton Credit Services now dealing with account
      6. 24/07/2011 My letter - request interest freeze and no change in circumstances - sent to Mint & Triton
      7. 21/07/2011 Letter from Mint asking me to complete new Financial Statement
      8. 01/08/2011 Acknowledge my complaint re interest, unable to action due to lack of signature
      9. 17/08/2011 CCA Request sent
      10. 03/09/2011 Letter received - they are disappointed that I didn't reply to their previous letter (I assume their request for signature) and that I haven't attempted to increase my payments. They are prepared to assist me but only when they have my full co-operation
      11. 13/09/11 CCA received which has been uploaded for Niddys perusal
      12. Niddy says
      13. 11/10/11 Letter sent to Mint - online account access has been blocked, send me paper statements or I will not continue with token payments
      14. 28/10/11 No acknowledgement to my letter, but paper statement received
      15. 03/11/11 Letter from Mint - they are suspending interest and charges (temporarily)
      16. 23/04/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for a payment review
      17. 04/05/12 Sent a letter telling them we're currently seeking help from an advisor and will continue with £1 payments in the meantime.
      18. 25/05/12 Letter from Mint - Asking for offer of repayment, telephone contact details and reason for financial difficulties.
      19. 22/06/12 - Sent copy of Cashflow financial statement and covering letter of pro rata payment offer (payments to remain at token £1 until they've agreed to accept the offer).

Update

28/07/12 Letter from Mint - accepting revised payment offer for 12 months and no collection activity or interest applied so long as £8 monthly is paid.

So that's another 12 months grace for the sake of £96 while we save (and string it out) for a F&F
      Last edited by DNW; 31 July 2012, 11:27.

Comment

Natwest Overdraft

Code:
        Name                     - Natwest
        Type of account          - Overdraft
        Date commenced           - Oct 2000
        Approx balance           - £2,200
        Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
        Status                   - In Arrears 
        Account owner            - Lender

Key:
        Them
        Me
        Other

Activity
        1. 31/05/11 - Letter refusing to accept I&E form
        2. 04/07/11 - Letter reminding over OD limit and chages now £6 per day
        3. 12/07/11 - Letter asking for contact to discuss
        4. 12/07/11 - Phone call - Natwest won't default until balance reaches -£2250. I&E completed verbally
        5. 04/07/11 - Overlimit OD - £6 per day charges
        6. 02/08/11 - Letter asking for I&E
        7. 04/08/11 - Unarranged OD fee warning
        8. 05/08/11 - Breakdown of OD fees
        9. - 30/08/11 Ceased token payment (to hurry along the default)
        10. 12/09/11 - Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
        11. 29/09/11 - Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
        12. 11/10/11 - Letter from Power 2 Contact - please contact us (ignored)
        13. 19/10/11 - Doorstep visit from Power 2 Contact (answered and contact card left for OH)
        14. 19/10/11 - Letter sent to Natwest - No visits and please consider stopping/refunding charges
        15. 04/11/11 - Letter from Natwest - they're sorry I had to complain, they're looking into it
        16. 14/11/11 - Letter from Natwest - they're still investigating complaint
        17. 16/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of intention to file a default, and DN received
        18. 19/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of default sums (they charged £30 to issue a DN!)
        19. 05/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - It's not to late to contact us to sort this out
        20. 18/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - Terminating overdraft agreement and demand the account is paid in full. However they also offer the option to agree a mutually acceptable repayment plan.
        21. 31/01/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter requesting refund of charges and resumed token payments
        22. 10/02/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are now dealing with this account and would like to know when we're going to pay it.
        23. 15/02/12 - Letter from Natwest - "Thanks for your letter of 31/01/12, Westcot are now dealing with your account and we have passed your letter to them and they will contact you shortly.... When charges and interest were applied to the account they were rightfully due within the T&C."
        24. 21/02/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
        25. 07/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - Acknowledge we have raised a query on the account and will suspend all collection activity while the matter is being investigated. (filed)
        26. 08/03/12 - Token Payments ceased (as had resumed in error pending CCA type request)
        27. 09/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Acknowledge receipt of SAR but can't proceed without signed authority
        28. 13/03/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Creditor Refusal of SAR
        29. 21/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Thanks for your recent letter, unfortunately you haven't signed it and we therefore can't action its contents without being to verify your identity. Please sign and return the enclosed pro-forma.
        30. 23/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are to refund the one interest charge added since 14th Jan (date of formal demand), however the default charge will remain in place.... We believe this resolves the dispute and look forward to your payment.
        31. 30/03/12 - Sent to Natwest: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA
        32. 30/03/12 - Sent to Westcot: Part 1: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Overdrafts - CCA Information
        33. 12/04/12 - Received from Natwest - "As you don't want to sign the request, we can send the requested details to a nominated branch for you to collect - evidence of your identity will be required upon collection".
        34. 24/04/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter informing them of the branch we wished to collect SAR from

Natwest Update
        [*]15/08/12 - Rec'd from Natwest: As we've been unable to contact you, your details have been passed to Allied International Credit - any queries should now be passed to them.

Natwest haven't responded to the request made in march for a copy of the OD agreement and haven't fulfilled SAR request either.

Should I send anything to Allied at this stage or wait and see what they say when they contact us?

Comment

Should I send anything to Allied at this stage or wait and see what they say when they contact us?
          Yea, wait for Allied to write to you.

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:
            Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
            Date commenced           - Feb 2006
            Approx balance           - £2000
            Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
            Them
            Me
            Other

Activity
            1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
            2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
            3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
            4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
            5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
            6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
            7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
            8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
            9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
            10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
            11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
            12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
            13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
            14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
            15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
            16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
            17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
            18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
            19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
            20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
            21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
            22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
            23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
            24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
            25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
            26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
            27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
            28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
            29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
            30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)

UPDATE

It's been a while since I've had an update, but today I have two - Barclaycard first...

16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.

I'm guessing I should send in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

UPDATE

It's been a while since I've had an update, but today I have two - Barclaycard first...

16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.

I'm guessing I should send in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
              Hi,
              Had exactly the same as you also sent above template, seems they have bought a Job lot.

Comment

UPDATE

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                Hi,
                Had exactly the same as you also sent above template, seems they have bought a Job lot.
                That is the one I would send too............
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Natwest Overdraft

Code:

Key:
                  Them
                  Me
                  Other

Activity
                  4. 12/07/11 - Phone call - Natwest won't default until balance reaches -£2250. I&E completed verbally
                  13. 19/10/11 - Doorstep visit from Power 2 Contact (answered and contact card left for OH)
                  14. 19/10/11 - Letter sent to Natwest - No visits and please consider stopping/refunding charges
                  15. 04/11/11 - Letter from Natwest - they're sorry I had to complain, they're looking into it
                  17. 16/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of intention to file a default, and DN received
                  18. 19/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of default sums (they charged £30 to issue a DN!)
                  19. 05/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - It's not to late to contact us to sort this out
                  20. 18/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - Terminating overdraft agreement and demand the account is paid in full. However they also offer the option to agree a mutually acceptable repayment plan.
                  21. 31/01/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter requesting refund of charges and resumed token payments
                  22. 10/02/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are now dealing with this account and would like to know when we're going to pay it.
                  23. 15/02/12 - Letter from Natwest - "Thanks for your letter of 31/01/12, Westcot are now dealing with your account and we have passed your letter to them and they will contact you shortly.... When charges and interest were applied to the account they were rightfully due within the T&C."
                  24. 21/02/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
                  25. 07/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - Acknowledge we have raised a query on the account and will suspend all collection activity while the matter is being investigated. (filed)
                  26. 08/03/12 - Token Payments ceased (as had resumed in error pending CCA type request)
                  27. 09/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Acknowledge receipt of SAR but can't proceed without signed authority
                  28. 13/03/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Creditor Refusal of SAR
                  29. 21/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Thanks for your recent letter, unfortunately you haven't signed it and we therefore can't action its contents without being to verify your identity. Please sign and return the enclosed pro-forma.
                  30. 23/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are to refund the one interest charge added since 14th Jan (date of formal demand), however the default charge will remain in place.... We believe this resolves the dispute and look forward to your payment.
                  31. 30/03/12 - Sent to Natwest: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA
                  32. 30/03/12 - Sent to Westcot: Part 1: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Overdrafts - CCA Information
                  33. 12/04/12 - Received from Natwest - "As you don't want to sign the request, we can send the requested details to a nominated branch for you to collect - evidence of your identity will be required upon collection".
                  34. 24/04/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter informing them of the branch we wished to collect SAR from
                  35. 15/08/12 - Rec'd from Natwest - As we've been unable to contact you, your details have been passed to Allied International Credit - and queries should now be passed to them.

UPDATE

15/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - Please contact us to discuss payment options

I'm not quite sure what to do with this one seeing as it's an overdraft... Normally I would file letters like these and await further contact, but Natwest haven't yet complied with SAR request from March and have never even acknowledged my request for a copy of the OD agreement (also sent in March).

Any pointers please?

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    That is the one I would send too............
                    Thats because I followed what you would do.

Comment

UPDATE

15/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - Please contact us to discuss payment options

I'm not quite sure what to do with this one seeing as it's an overdraft... Normally I would file letters like these and await further contact, but Natwest haven't yet complied with SAR request from March and have never even acknowledged my request for a copy of the OD agreement (also sent in March).

Any pointers please?

Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks Flower, no, I'd not sent that as they hadn't responded to or acknowledged my request at all. I'll send it to Allied and wait n see what happens next

Comment

Barclaycard2

Code:
                          Name                     - Barclaycard Gold Master
                          Date commenced           - Feb 2006
                          Approx balance           - £2000
                          Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                          Them
                          Me
                          Other

Activity
                          1. 15/04/20 Acknowledge and refuse payment, refuse to stop interest
                          2. 13/05/11 Credit limit reduced
                          3. 15/05/11 Late payment letter received
                          4. 24/06/11 Late payment letter received
                          5. 07/07/11 Mercers - Default notice
                          6. 17/07/11 Mercers - instructing local collector
                          7. 24/07/11 My letter - no doorstep visits, no phone calls
                          8. 26/07/11 Letter from Power2Contact acting OBO Mercers
                          9. 01/08/11 Doorstep visit from P2C - unanswered
                          10. 17/08/11 CCA Request sent
                          11. 05/09/11 Acknowledge CCA request
                          12. 12/10/11 Recon CCA received - awaiting Niddys return
                          13. 13/10/11 Barclaycard T&C rec'd
                          14. 15/10/11 Letter from Mercers (dated 03/10) - 48 hour notice before passing to local rep (ignored)
                          15. 15/10/11 Letter from Calders (dated 10/10) - 7 day notice before passing to local rep
                          16. 19/10/11'Don't Visit' me template to Calders in reply Templates - Harassment
                          17. 28/10/11 Niddy says
                          18. 07/12/11 Letter from Barclaycard - Formal demand for payment
                          19. 19/12/11 - Received letter from Barclaycard - your account has now been passed to RMA to manage (ignored)
                          20. 23/12/11 - Received from RMA - We are now dealing with your account (ignored)
                          21. 04/01/12 - Received postcard from RMA saying they would contact on 'Wednesday between 0800 and 2000' (ignored)
                          22. 11/01/12 - Received letter from RMA offering settlement opportunity(ignored)
                          23. 20/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "We cannot help you if you don't call us and won't speak to us... We can't hold the settlement offer open any longer... Please call us before 9pm tonight" (letter took 10 days to arrive anyway!)
                          24. 21/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - "Matter still unresolved... Unless suitable repayment terms agreed, we may proceed to complete a pre-litigation report." They ask us to call or email them
                          25. 23/01/12 - Sent in response: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                          26. 31/01/12 - Received letter from RMA - Notice of potential doorstep recovery.. we intend to forward your account to Scotcall Ltd (ignored as it was dated 24/01/12 and crossed with my letter of 31/01/12)
                          27. 31/03/12 - Received letter from Barclaycard - We've now passed your account to Apex to manage. (Filed awaiting further contact)
                          28. 04/04/12 - Received from Apex - ....unable to contact you and this is potentially your last opportunity to arrange payment before further action considered.
                          29. 04/04/12 - Sent to Apex - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Creditor Refusal to Accept UE Status
                          30. 22/09/12 - Received from Barclaycard - Notice of Assignment to MKDP LLP (Filed awaiting contact from MKDP)
                          31. 16/10/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - We've bought your debt, please send us a payment.
                          32. 19/10/12 - Sent to MKRR - Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute

UPDATE

24/10/12 - Received from MKRR - Final Notice... we are instructing pre-litigation dept and they may commence proceedings against you.

This is dated 18/10 and must have crossed with my Sold in Dispute letter so I will file and await further contact.

Comment

Natwest Overdraft

Code:

Key:
                            Them
                            Me
                            Other

Activity
                            35. 15/08/12 - Rec'd from Natwest - As we've been unable to contact you, your details have been passed to Allied International Credit - and queries should now be passed to them.
                            36. 15/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - PLease contact us to discuss payment options
                            37. 19/10/12 - Sent to Allied (Part 2 of) Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS

Natwest Overdraft UPDATE

27/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - Please send us £1 for a copy agreement or £10 for copy statements

Am I right in thinking that the £1 fee only applies to CCAs in which case that wouldn't be relevant as this was an overdraft? Also, I sent a £10 PO to Natwest back in Feb when I sent SAR request (still not yet received).

Should I just send them a letter pointing these facts out or is there something more appropriate I could send?

Comment

If they want £10 for statements, you might as well do a full SAR - you'll get all your statements plus everything else then, and have the satisfaction of making them do a lot more work for it.

Comment

Sorry FP - been off forum for quite a while so out of date. Definitely a complaint as you should clearly have all this by now. I assume the PO was cashed?

Comment

Working...
                                X