GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DNW's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DNW's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DNW's UE Diary

Good to see you're back BBoo.
    GM

Comment

Tis indeed good to see you back Bboo

I've just checked with the Post Office and apparently Natwest haven't cashed the PO from Feb - and it's too late now as they are only valid for 6 months so no doubt they'll be asking for another...

Who should I be complaining to? I'm guessing Natwest for not supplying the SAR and copy Allied in for reference?

Could I get some help with a complaint letter please, it's not one of my strong points

Comment

Nat West Complaints Procedure and ICO for NatWest's non compliance with your request.

Comment

If you have the original SAR letter send it and complaint to the CEO Nat West.

I have had tremendous success over the last 3 months using this way.

I have every SAR I asked for with exception of one still within its 40 days.

Most come back within 7 days of you kicking up a stink about failure to comply with the law.

Comment

CEO: les.matheson@rbs.com

Comment

I've got the following letter ready to send to Natwest in relation to their ignoring my SAR (thanks Ken for helping with the complaint : )

All the searches I've done show Stephen Hester as CEO, not Les Matheson, so I'll send it to him unless I've missed some vital info?

Does this sound about right?

Dear Mr Hester

Re Account No: xxxx

I am very disappointed that I am writing to you but I do believe you may be unaware that staff in your company are not complying with a legal request for data that your company holds on me.

This is turn is leaving your company open to sanctions from the regulators if I now choose to follow this path. If this letter does not result in my legal request being fulfilled I have no other option but to report the matter.

Several months ago I sent two subject access request’s (SAR) to your bank (see letter’s attached) requesting all the documentation that your bank holds on me. Both these letters were signed for upon receipt by your bank.

It is a legal requirement that within 40 days this request is complied with. To date I have received nothing from your company in relation to either request.

The staff in either location should have taken ownership of the request ensuring if they were not in a position to comply, then the letter was forwarded to the right section. Following my request to collect these documents from a branch, a letter to me showing the request was being processed would also have been polite but to date I have received no reply or notification.

This is not just a request for some off the cuff information but this is a lawful request for information and your bank is therefore not only giving poor service but also breaking its statutory duty under the DPA.

I would be interested in your response to this complaint and if you feel I should be reporting this matter to the ICO for them to deal with.

As you already hold my postal order to the value of £10 (copy receipt enclosed), I will not be enclosing a further fee.

I look forward to your response within the next 14 days with the requested information.

Yours faithfully

(tamper proof signature)
              Last edited by DNW; 6 November 2012, 11:01.

Comment

Be interested to see how you get on.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                  I've got the following letter ready to send to Natwest in relation to their ignoring my SAR (thanks Ken for helping with the complaint : )

All the searches I've done show Stephen Hester as CEO, not Les Matheson, so I'll send it to him unless I've missed some vital info?

Does this sound about right?
                  Sounds perfect!
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard1

Code:
                    Name                     - Barclaycard Plat Visa
                    Type of account          - Credit Card
                    Date commenced           - Sept 2004
                    Approx balance           - £3,200
                    Date last paid           - Mar-11 (full) Aug-11 (token)   
                    Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                    Status                   - In Arrears  (DN rec'd 03/09)
                    Account owner            - DCA (Mercers)

Key:
                    Them
                    Me
                    Other

Activity
                    1. 18/04/11 Acknowledge receipt of I&E, refuse to reduce or stop charges
                    2. 27/04/11 Request for payment
                    3. 13/05/11 Reduced credit limit
                    4. 01/06/11 Reminder of overdue payment and informed it will be passed to Mercers to send default notice.
                    5. 30/06/11 Mercers - accept £1 payments, to be reviewed in 2 months. No interest or charges to be applied while making token payments.
                    6. 24/07/11 I wrote and requested refund interest & charges (sent to Barclays & Mercers)
                    7. 17/08/11 CCA request sent
                    8. 03/09/11 DN Received from Mercers
                    9. 05/09/11 Acknowledged CCA request - they're looking for it and will get back to me
                    10. 13/09/11 Letter rec'd from Mercers - 48 hours notice (letter dated 06/09/11), I have ignored their demands for payment so they are now passing my account to a local firm who may send a rep to visit me (ignored)
                    11. 29/09/11 Covering letter for Recon CCA enclosed - but no encs in envelope
                    12. 29/09/11 Letter received - Calders - 7 day notice (ignored)
                    13. 17/10/11 Current T&C received
                    14. 19/10/11 Letter sent to Calders - Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                    15. 04/11/11 Letter received - Formal Demand for Payment (full balance) - until paid, no statements will be sent. If not paid by 08/11/11, debt collectors may call or you may be taken to court. We will set off any funds available to us.
                    16. 09/11/11 - Sent Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received)[/COLOR]
                    17. 15/11/11 - Received from Barclays - They feel they have fulfilled their obligations and complied with my s.78 request..... Re section 61, they point to paragraph 230 Carey vs HSBC, and say "It's insufficient.. to point to the absence of a signed, or a proper s78 copy as a foundation for a plea of an improperly executed agreement... They believe my credit agreement to be fully compliant and will oppose allegations that it isn't..... With regards to the OFT, they do not hold my account to be in dispute..... Attached was a copy of my CCA
                    18. 28/11/11 Niddy says
                    19. 06/12/11 - Received a letter from Barclaycard notifying me this has now been assigned to MKDP LLP (ignored - waiting to hear from MKDP)

20. 09/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - "Further to our recent communication (no comms received prior to this from MK RR) we have not received your offer of payment... We want to help and are able to offer installments to clear the balance... We will continue to contact you to resolve this."
                    21. 12/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                    22. 19/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - Thanks for writing, at this time we are unable to resolve your query and we'll liaise with OC and re contact you in due course.(filed)
                    23. 22/03/12 - Received from MK Rapid Recoveries - As you've not taken up our offer of help, as a legal requirement we must inform you we're instructing our pre-litigation team to review your account.... They may commence litigation... It's not too late to resolve this.
                    24. 30/03/12 - Sent to MKRR Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
                    25. 14/04/12 - Received from MKRR - We've requested a copy of the documents from BC and this will be forwarded to you in due course. (filed)
                    26. 04/05/12 - Received from MKRR - Further to your letter, please find copy statement as requested. Please contact us to discuss repayment. Enclosed were copies of all statements on this account dating back to its inception in 2006. (filed)

UPDATE

09/11/12 - Received from MKDP - They are liasing with BC to try and resolve my query and reassure me that they take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner...

More filing.

Comment

UPDATE

09/11/12 - Received from MKDP - They are liasing with BC to try and resolve my query and reassure me that they take great care to ensure that such matters are dealt with in a professional manner...

More filing.
                      Ahhhhhhhhh ain!t that nice of them?
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

arent they sweet eeeeuuuuughhh
                        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

It's actually quite un-nerving to receive a letter from a dca who's attempting to be nice

Comment

It's actually quite un-nerving to receive a letter from a dca who's attempting to be nice
                            Must be a dream??

Comment

Just hope it's not a new tactic of trying to lull me into a false sense of warm fuzzy feelings towards them before they hit me with nasty paperwork...

Comment

Natwest Overdraft

Code:
                                Name                     - Natwest
                                Type of account          - Overdraft
                                Date commenced           - Oct 2000
                                Approx balance           - £2,200
                                Date last paid           - Mar-11    
                                Arrangement/not paying   - Not paying
                                Status                   - In Arrears 
                                Account owner            - Lender

Key:
                                Them
                                Me
                                Other

Activity
                                1. 31/05/11 - Letter refusing to accept I&E form
                                2. 04/07/11 - Letter reminding over OD limit and chages now £6 per day
                                3. 12/07/11 - Letter asking for contact to discuss
                                4. 12/07/11 - Phone call - Natwest won't default until balance reaches -£2250. I&E completed verbally
                                5. 04/07/11 - Overlimit OD - £6 per day charges
                                6. 02/08/11 - Letter asking for I&E
                                7. 04/08/11 - Unarranged OD fee warning
                                8. 05/08/11 - Breakdown of OD fees
                                9. - 30/08/11 Ceased token payment (to hurry along the default)
                                10. 12/09/11 - Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
                                11. 29/09/11 - Letter from Natwest - please contact us (ignored)
                                12. 11/10/11 - Letter from Power 2 Contact - please contact us (ignored)
                                13. 19/10/11 - Doorstep visit from Power 2 Contact (answered and contact card left for OH)
                                14. 19/10/11 - Letter sent to Natwest - No visits and please consider stopping/refunding charges
                                15. 04/11/11 - Letter from Natwest - they're sorry I had to complain, they're looking into it
                                16. 14/11/11 - Letter from Natwest - they're still investigating complaint
                                17. 16/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of intention to file a default, and DN received
                                18. 19/12/11 - Letter from Natwest - Notice of default sums (they charged £30 to issue a DN!)
                                19. 05/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - It's not to late to contact us to sort this out
                                20. 18/01/12 - Letter from Natwest - Terminating overdraft agreement and demand the account is paid in full. However they also offer the option to agree a mutually acceptable repayment plan.
                                21. 31/01/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter requesting refund of charges and resumed token payments
                                22. 10/02/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are now dealing with this account and would like to know when we're going to pay it.
                                23. 15/02/12 - Letter from Natwest - "Thanks for your letter of 31/01/12, Westcot are now dealing with your account and we have passed your letter to them and they will contact you shortly.... When charges and interest were applied to the account they were rightfully due within the T&C."
                                24. 21/02/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Subject Access (SAR) - Typical Request
                                25. 07/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - Acknowledge we have raised a query on the account and will suspend all collection activity while the matter is being investigated. (filed)
                                26. 08/03/12 - Token Payments ceased (as had resumed in error pending CCA type request)
                                27. 09/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Acknowledge receipt of SAR but can't proceed without signed authority
                                28. 13/03/12 - Sent Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Creditor Refusal of SAR
                                29. 21/03/12 - Letter from Natwest - Thanks for your recent letter, unfortunately you haven't signed it and we therefore can't action its contents without being to verify your identity. Please sign and return the enclosed pro-forma.
                                30. 23/03/12 - Letter from Westcot - They are to refund the one interest charge added since 14th Jan (date of formal demand), however the default charge will remain in place.... We believe this resolves the dispute and look forward to your payment.
                                31. 30/03/12 - Sent to Natwest: Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | Signature Request by Creditor/DCA
                                32. 30/03/12 - Sent to Westcot: Part 1: allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - Overdrafts - CCA Information
                                33. 12/04/12 - Received from Natwest - "As you don't want to sign the request, we can send the requested details to a nominated branch for you to collect - evidence of your identity will be required upon collection".
                                34. 24/04/12 - Sent to Natwest - letter informing them of the branch we wished to collect SAR from
                                35. 15/08/12 - Rec'd from Natwest - As we've been unable to contact you, your details have been passed to Allied International Credit - and queries should now be passed to them.
                                36. 15/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - PLease contact us to discuss payment options
                                37. 19/10/12 - Sent to Allied (Part 2 of) Overdrafts - CCA Information - allaboutFORUMS
                                38. 27/10/12 - Rec'd from Allied International Credit - Please send us £1 for a copy agreement or £10 for copy statements
                                39. 08/11/12 - Sent letter of complaint re ignoring SAR to CEO (see post for wording allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - DNW's UE Diary)

UPDATE

17/11/12 - Rec'd from RBS Group Exec Office - Acknowledge my letter as above and will investigate as a matter of urgency.

Quite a speedy response from CEO Office - I've filed this and await their next contact.

Comment

Working...
                                X