GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
    Hi ELD and PlanB

I think you have a point, it cannot do any harm if I send them a one liner saying "why wasn't my question answered?" and enclose a copy of my letter to Wescot "account sold..."

It's a sunny day so a walk to the post office will do me good!

Thanks

MJ

PS I did a bit of research and it seems they are a legitimate firm of solicitors in Sidcup. I wondered if they are part of Wescot?
    Well how weird is this? I just had a letter from Wescot today 16/05/12 but it is dated 10/04/12. There is no date on postmark, just a 2nd Class Pre Paid Business logo!! I can only think they didn't post this when it was written!

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the balance is correct and due for payment"

Niddy says this is and their lack of legal action suggests they also know this.

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
    Last edited by mauijim; 16 May 2012, 13:11. Reason: Spelling
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Well how weird is this? I just had a letter from Wescot today 16/05/12 but it is dated 10/04/12. There is no date on postmark, just a 2nd Class Pre Paid Business logo!! I can only think they didn't post this when it was written!

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the glance is correct and due for payment"

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
      Just ignore see what they send next......
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They are saying " Our Client (Capital One) has advised they sent you the CCA documents. They also confirm the balance is correct and due for payment"

Next move please folks?

Many thanks

MJ
        21/05/12 Letter from Wescot saying if I wish to complain or query the CCA they sent me I should write direct to Crapitall One!

I wrote to them saying as confirmed by Niddy so I cannot see any point in writing again unless it is best to do so?

It seems the solicitor backed off immediately after my "one liner" and it appears they are chancing their arm now.

What do you suggest?

MJ
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

21/05/12 Letter from Wescot saying if I wish to complain or query the CCA they sent me I should write direct to Crapitall One!

I wrote to them saying as confirmed by Niddy so I cannot see any point in writing again unless it is best to do so?

It seems the solicitor backed off immediately after my "one liner" and it appears they are chancing their arm now.

What do you suggest?

MJ
          I Would send them this-------> Final Response - Unenforceable (General) but up to you.......or ignore
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update Capital One

8/6/12 Letter from Wescot threatening a doorstep visit! I have sent the "threat of doorstep visit" template and will await their response.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
              Been waiting for the Hull Heroes to collect my doorstep for a year now, tea got cold, I ate the biscuits and my doorstep is still in place!

Unfortunately there are still many people out there who mistakenly believe they will be visited by bailiffs when they get those letters, I hope some get to read these diaries.

well said FP thats exactly what i used to think cos thats what they want us to believe and i did once upon a time , before i was niddyfied
              xx
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Been waiting for the Hull Heroes to collect my doorstep for a year now, tea got cold, I ate the biscuits and my doorstep is still in place!

Unfortunately there are still many people out there who mistakenly believe they will be visited by bailiffs when they get those letters, I hope some get to read these diaries.
                I have to laugh though because even if they did come to my house I wouldn't answer the door. I ignore all callers to my home no matter who they are. In fact I only speak to the local CSO when he pays a visit to my neighbourhood...the rest can whistle Dixie!!

This does upset my Wife when she's forgotten her keys!! Only joking!

sigpic

Comment

This does upset my Wife when she's forgotten her keys!! Only joking!
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I had a home visit threat donkeys years ago, it was so long all I found was a letter fron Noah!!

Comment

Update Nat West business Overdraft!

Bloody postman woke me up as he had a parcel for me. At least it was something I was looking forward to!

14/06/12 Letter from Nelson guest and Partners. "Our client Wescot is willing to consider realistic options for repayment based on your personal circumstances ....however if a plan is not agreed within 10 days of this letter, further recovery activity will be undertaken.

This has bounced between AIC Wescot and Nelson Guest. I have to be honest and say I only wrote to them and said, "very unwell, skint so cannot afford to pay!"

What next, wait and see what they do?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Nelson Guest are letterheads for rent for Wescot. Both chopped down an entire forest to write letters to me last year. I only ever sent a single account in dispute letter to Nelson Guest and that did the trick. I never heard from them afterwards, been over a year since their last missive.
                        Slight problem though FP. This ultimately would not fall under UE so I am rather hoping they make an error in procedure. I will have to wait and see what they send. I have no money so they'll have to get in line!

sigpic

Comment

Update Crapital One

23/06/12 Despite this being and me following all the advice on here with various templates it seems the numpties at WetCots love sending me letters. I now have one from Credit Security Limited with the usual blurb..."we are instructed by our client to collect this debt Unless there is a valid reason for non-payment Settlement within 7 days Should you wish to discuss this

So what should I send them?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update Crapital One

23/06/12 Despite this being and me following all the advice on here with various templates it seems the numpties at WetCots love sending me letters. I now have one from Credit Security Limited with the usual blurb..."we are instructed by our client to collect this debt Unless there is a valid reason for non-payment Settlement within 7 days Should you wish to discuss this

So what should I send them?

Cheers

MJ
                            I would send this if it were me------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                              I would send this if it were me------> Account Sold whilst in Dispute
                              Well with my current low pain lifestyle that can be my task on Monday!!

Thanks I2D

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update 25/06/12

A walk to the Post Office. I was shocked because there was a big orange thing in the sky and no rain falling!

Letter stating "Account sold while in dispute" sent as advised.

MJ
                                Last edited by mauijim; 25 June 2012, 11:59. Reason: Grammar

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X