GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script the-puppets UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the-puppets UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the-predator-puppets UE diary

Sorry TPP you must have been typing whilst I was but I think I would still do the same other than the CCCCs item. in the case you have then I think a slight modification, i.e. cancel the direct debit and set up a standing order only for the mortgage element. That way you are in control---- not them.

regards
    Garlok

Comment

ok PPs if they haven't got a DD for this then they can't take it????? or are we presuming the DD guarantee is worth nothing?

I would do what garlok suggests and change everything that can be changed to SO, I pay my mortgage with a SO and there is no problem there.

I think I would phone at the moment and ask some questions about the DD, if they haven't got one, how did they take the money? Am I being thick and missing something here???

Comment

I think mrs D, they are relying on the old DD authority, which they may be able to do unless it has been specifically cancelled. They will have noted by now that no payments on the loan have been made from CCCCs and will have looked back at what they can and can't do (remember they are all vultures at heart).

In my view its still wrong and I would respond in very strong terms, hence my suggestion that this DD is specifically cancelled and reverting to a Standing Order for the mortgage element only.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

If that is the situation, I'm with you Garlok, strongest bloody terms, they are the shit on our shoes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by the-predator-puppets View Post
            CHEEKY BLOODY B........ Just checked our bank account and found that NRAM have taken their LOAN money out on top of our MORTGAGE payment WITHOUT INFORMING US. We paid something like £75 to separate the mortgage from the loan and we were paying mortgage via direct debit fron our bank and cccs paying the loan as part of DMP. It seems that NRAM are reminding us to pay the loan (having ceased payments) and now have STOLEN OUR MONEY WITHOUT NOTICE. What, if anything, can we do about this one??? Should we make a complaint.

TPP
            Direct Debit guarantee with the bank - they will refund you if you tell them you cancelled it. If it was still open with no payments, it still doesn't matter as the DD Guarantee allows you to utilise it whenever a party has taken funds that you didn't pre-authorise. So you'd get the whole lot back and then you'd have to pay the mortgage again.

Simples.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
              'Fraid not TPP,

They will always hide behind this heinous "right to set-off" that seems to be built into each and every contract the banks put together.

Barclays stripped our business account on behalf of Barclaycard when all the cards were actually fully up to date. They had made an "administrative error". We got the money back after histrionics but that was the final straw and now they get NOTHING and will get NOTHING. All UE with sols waiting to ambush them. Idiots.

Barclays queue here!

regards
              Garlok
              You can't utilise RoSO with a third party debt ie DD via another bank mate - only within accounts held in the same organisation..... so unless PP banks with NR then they cannot do this and she should reclaim the funds under the DD guarantee - however as a learning curve, cancel the VARIABLE DD and instead pay using standing order as it alleviates this issue.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Case studies here: ---> banking - direct debit guarantee

The Guarantee itself: ---> Error

The Direct Debit Guarantee

• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
                • If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit (insert your organisation name)will notify you (insert number of) working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request (insert your organisation name) to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
                • If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by (insert your organisation name) or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
                  • If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when (insert your organisation name) asks you to

• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.

Comment

Hi NID,

Understand that mate, thanks but when I first read the latter stages of this thread I wondered if the account was in fact held by NR. Obviously not so and I could not at first quite work out the actual involvement of the CCCCs combined with an inclusive DD for both debts even after the split.

Its a bit clearer now.

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

LLOYDS LOAN (JOINT)

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : Loan
                    DATE COMMENCED: 08/12/08
                    APPROX BALANCE: £7,000
                    DATE LAST PAID:May 2010 usual amount, tokens til Dec 2010, then DMP from Dec 2010 to June 2011 last paid
                    DMP OR NOT PAY: DMP Last DMP payment was June 2011 - cancelled it to explore the UE route
                    ACC OWNER: Lloyds

10th June 2011 CCA Request sent
                    16th June 2011 Letter from SCM Solicitors stating they need to talk to us about our request in more detail and without further contact will continue with action to recover money - ignoring for now
                    23rd June 2011 Letter from Lloyds - have credited the £1 postal order (for the cca) to our loan account no sign of this leaving our bank as yet??
                    13 August 2011 Received letter noticing repayments have ceased and cancelling the arrangement MAY now lead to legal action jog on!!! seperate letter - default notice - must pay by 30 August or further action MAY be taken jog on again !! no cca !!!
                    Hi all,

Is it time to send a chaser cca letter to these plebs or continue to ignore??

TPP

Comment

• Re: the-predator-puppets UE diary

Hi all,

Is it time to send a chaser cca letter to these plebs or continue to ignore??

TPP
                      I would ignore for the moment, however if you got a default notice please staple the envelope to it and write the date received clearly on the letter itself - just in case we need it at a later date as this can never be UE due to the start date - it's more a blag until you sort all the enforceable ones, then consider a dmp - or ignore them and see - either works for me

Comment

will ignore for now, cheers
                        TPP

Comment

MINT LOAN (JOINT ACCOUNT)

DATE COMMENCED: 06/08
                          APPROX BALANCE: £28,800
                          DATE LAST PAID: May 2010 usual amount, tokens til Dec 2010, then DMP from Dec 2010 to June 2011 last paid
                          DMP OR NOT PAYMP Last DMP payment was June 2011 - cancelled it to explore the UE route
                          ACC OWNER: MINT

16th June 2011 Received letter from MINT requesting written and signed instruction in order to respond further + returned letter + postal order
                          17th June 2011 resent cca request + po+ letter re digital signatures
                          25th June 2011 letter from MINT stating to meet Data Protection Act 1998 they must verify identity in order to respond
                          28th June 2011 resent cca request +po+ 2nd letter stating signature not required - can provide other docs for data protection
                          2nd July 2011 received letter from MINT acknowledging complaint - they are "looking into it"
                          7th July 2011 received letter from MINT complaint investigated - will supply info if we supply documentation verifying identity or we call their office and answer the security questions
                          11th July 2011 sent the CCA Request Final Demand Letter
                          24th July 2011 letter from MINT stating that request was only received in correct department on 22nd August (i dont think so!!) and a slip to sign confirming request for info (dont think we will be signing that...looks like the type of thing school kids get when they go on trips and need an adult to sign...lol!!!) also interestingly the letter reference and pre-paid envelope both state SARs team
                          Guess we ignore

Comment

NORTHERN ROCK LOAN - NRAM (JOINT LOAN)

DATE COMMENCED: 05/06
                            APPROX BALANCE: £27,000
                            DATE LAST PAID:May 2010 usual amount, tokens til Dec 2010, then DMP from Dec 2010 to June 2011 last paid
                            DMP OR NOT PAY: DMP Last DMP payment was June 2011 - cancelled it to explore the UE route
                            STATUS: Up to date *note on credit report stating account being settled via DMP
                            ACC OWNER: Northern Rock

21st June 2011 Received Telephone (Ansaphone) message - please call NRAM - ignoring for now
                            2nd July 2011 Received letter stating amounts we agreed to pay via dmp - ignoring still - may be the penny will drop when they don't receive payment!!
                            8th July 2011 CCA docs recieved - look correct - email to niddy to check - Niddy says enforceable
                            22nd July 2011 received reminder to make monthly payment (obviously noticed not getting DMP pay any more)
                            2nd August 2011 received reminder to make monthly payment noticed also they have taken it any ways on top of our DD for the mortgage ..thieving scoundrals!
                            6th August 2011 sent letter of complaint to our bank re NRAM breaking the Direct Debit Guarantee and requesting a refund. Cancelled the DD. Requested a Standing Order be set up for the Mortgage ONLY.
                            12th August letter from Bank stating they are dealing with our complaint set up the DD
                            20th August 2011 received cheque for payment they shouldn't have taken result!!
                            25th August 2011 received reminder that agreed payment arrangement date is approaching
                            And ignore this too

Comment

BARCLAYCARD (Other-half's credit card)

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : CC
                              DATE COMMENCED: 02/94
                              APPROX BALANCE: £10,000
                              STATUS: Up to date (we are just making min payment amounts via the DMP)
                              ACC OWNER: Barclaycard

17th June 2011 Received letter from Barclaycard acknowledged receipt of cca request - are dealing with it and will respond asap (not sure why but they sent 3 copies of same letter!!!!)
                              22nd July Received statement (guess they are still looking for cca!)
                              20th August 2011 Received statement
                              25th August 2011 Received repayment reminder (if we fail to pay then will revert back to standard interest rate...they never lowered it!!!)

and some more ignoring to be done...

Comment

LLOYDS LOAN (JOINT)

DATE COMMENCED: 08/12/08
                                APPROX BALANCE: £7,000
                                STATUS: Arrangement to pay default notice 12th August 2011
                                ACC OWNER: Lloyds

16th June 2011 Letter from SCM Solicitors stating they need to talk to us about our request in more detail and without further contact will continue with action to recover money - ignoring for now
                                23rd June 2011 Letter from Lloyds - have credited the £1 postal order (for the cca) to our loan account
                                13 August 2011 Received letter noticing repayments have ceased and cancelling the arrangement MAY now lead to legal action jog on!!! separate letter - default notice - must pay by 30 August or further action MAY be taken jog on again !! no cca !!!
                                24th August 2011 received an "immediate payment or contact required" letter from Lloyds, if dont hear will take further steps to recover the money

Getting silly now with this weeks post..ignoring

Comment

Working...
                                X