GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script the-puppets UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the-puppets UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the-predator-puppets UE diary

Originally posted by the-predator-puppets View Post
    BARCLAYCARD (Other-half's credit card)

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : CC
    DATE COMMENCED: 02/94
    APPROX BALANCE: £10,000
    DATE LAST PAID:May 2010 usual amount, tokens til Dec 2010, then DMP from Dec 2010 to May 2011 last paid
    DMP OR NOT PAY: DMP
    STATUS: Up to date (we are just making min payment amounts via the DMP)
    ACC OWNER: Barclaycard
    Most likely unenforceable, you should send for the CCA Request asap and similarly, ideally you ought to cease repayments so that they sell the account.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

LLOYDS LOAN (JOINT)

TYPE OF ACCOUNT : Loan
      DATE COMMENCED: 08/12/08
      APPROX BALANCE: £7,000
      DATE LAST PAID:May 2010 usual amount, tokens til Dec 2010, then DMP from Dec 2010 to May 2011 last paid
      ACC OWNER: Lloyds
      Probably enforceable but still send off for the CCA - don't stop payments on this yet!
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HSBC MASTER CARD (My credit card)
        DATE COMMENCED: 02/06
        APPROX BALANCE: £5700
        ACC OWNER: HSBC
        Probably enforceable, send off for the CCA Request and see what happens

Comment

MINT CARD (Other half's credit card)

DATE COMMENCED: 03/04
          APPROX BALANCE: £4000
          ACC OWNER: MINT
          Possibly unenforceable - send off for CCA Request...

Comment

NEXT (Other half's shopping on-line account)
            TYPE OF ACCOUNT : on-line credit ?
            DATE COMMENCED: 04/06
            APPROX BALANCE: £500
            ACC OWNER: NEXT
            Send for the CCA Request and lets see what happens...

Comment

Morning,

Ok, as you'll see i've kinda issued a reply next to each diary event but as most your debts are recent, it's not looking that great for you i'm afraid - I expect most (if not all barring Barclays) will be enforceable - however that's not the end of the world, you may well be best ceasing payments to force the lender to sell the debt to a DCA and then come to a suitable arrangement with the DCA - the good thing about doing this is interest and charges usually stop so you are actually repaying the debt itself, not just charges (for years and years)....

Can you please confirm what amount you have left each month that you're using for these payments, ie the total DMP sum you're spending each month?

So for the moment please send off the CCA Request and leave it at that, until they respond.....

Comment

Thanks Niddy,

In answer to questions we are paying £298/month to MINT LOAN, DMP peeps sent us a letter at the start saying Mint refused to accept this as it was too low but DMP peeps advised us to still keep paying. We are paying close to £1200 a month into the DMP at the moment but that also includes the 2 bank overdrafts at £900 and £700 ish.

We agree that stopping payments and getting debts passed to DCAs will help us get interest/charges stopped - DMP peeps and letters I tried don't seem to have done much thus far.

Will send off for all CCAs this week and see what comes back. Should we therefore pull out of our DMP now, already paid in for this month. You said to keep paying the LLYODS LOAN so what's the best way to do that??? Drop out DMP and try going it alone..not sure..help needed.

Cheers

TPP

Comment

Actions speak louder than words
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya

Ok send off the cca's first. For everything excluding the overdrafts. I presume you have a lot of disposable income then if you're paying that amount?

To cancel the dmp; just say you're looking at the ue route and will reconsider your options at a later date. Who is the dmp through...?

Are you happy to knock the dmp on the head and go "the niddy way"? If so cease all repayments and have some life for the next month or two. Then the debts will be sold on and we'll then get you going on a proper dmp (again the niddy way) utilising the official trigger figures!

You'll see a huge difference..... Use the dmp cash for a holiday or for saving for f&f offers at a later date. That's up to you.

Can I check do you have anything secured against the house and is there a lot of equity in the property? Just for future ref; not important

Comment

Also treat Lloyds the same as the others - cease repaying this as well.

Comment

Will send off for cca's as advised.

There is nothing secured on house, probably £10,000 max in equity.

The DMP is with CCCS and the high amount we pay is partly due to Northern Rock allowing us to go Interest-Only on the Mortgage (was £800ish now £450 ish - but this will get reviewed annually so may shoot right back up again.

A lot of cash goes on me driving to work - 3 hour round trip mon-fri. We wanted to try and get straight within 5-6 years so the budget is at its max in hope we could do that...fat chance with the interest and charges!!!!

So having seen the orange-light we would very much like to do it the niddy way and get it sorted.

Cheers

TPP

Comment

Okey cokey - send for cca's and cancel cccs.

We'll be here for you, if the creditors hassle you just post an update and stay calm. Can you confirm what numbers they have for you, ie home/moby/work?

Comment

They have all the numbers but we sent a letter to them stating only to contact us via post - got it from the "other" forum a while back - not had any calls since we sent them off. Will keep ya posted.

Comment

They have all the numbers but we sent a letter to them stating only to contact us via post - got it from the "other" forum a while back - not had any calls since we sent them off. Will keep ya posted.
                              This will change once they find out the dmp has ceased. Send a letter to each creditor saying something along the lines of....

"I hereby formally request that you only contact me by letter, to my registered home address as shown above, as I have had to disconnect my mobile & landline in order to utilise any excess funds. I also no longer have access to a phone at work, so please remove any previously held version of any contact numbers as they are all now void"

Just add this in a new page, in same envelope as the cca request. Also do not sign anything, remember that so ideally get a cheque from a mate or something, or send a postal order.

Comment

All CCA letters and contact me by post only letters drafted and placed in envelopes along with letter to cccs to stop the DMP. Hopefully get them all away asap. Watch this space

Comment

Working...
                                X