GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script The Dopeys' UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dopeys' UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Dopeys' UE Diary

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
    Cabot have been chasing MrD's old egg

a wee flurry of mildly threatening letters and I got fed up and sent of the SB letter, two recent letters, "we are considering taking you to court" six days later, "ah, yes we've looked at this and it is SB, you won't hear from us again"
    Cabot have suddenly started writing mildly threatening letters to me too after nothing for over two years (when the debts were owned by Marlin who conceded they were UE). Then Cabot bought Marlin and have started writing to me with renewed enthusiasm.

I reckon it's because they've also bought Mortimer Clarke solicitors so they're looking for business to give them. We've got a new Cabot claim on the forum and I expect they'll be plenty more county court summons on there way for some poor debtors who may not know what statute barred is or the safety-net of s.78 unenforceability.

At the time the CEO of Cabot said the acquisition allowed them to provide "an end-to-end credit management lifecycle ". Or to put it another way *speculative claims*.

http://www.credittoday.co.uk/article...itigation-firm

Plan B x

Comment

just goes to show that the AAD process works, these were all UE, Barclaycard totally cocked up the purchase and subsequent sale of many of these, so any that weren't "bad eggs" to start with were well and truly rotten by the time Marlin/Cabot/Uncle Tom Cobbley and all were finished with them.

Comment

Well done from me too MrsD
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Well done for getting Cabot to admit MrD's Egg card debt is SB
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news Mrs D
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

another couple of pleading letters, both for me

one from robbers way, they've kindly sent me an i&e to help me work out what I can afford..................nought it's SB
              one from Cabot, they could do me a wee deal if I call them..........................eh NO it's SB too

Comment

Way to go Mrs D xx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

It must be a pleasure to hear the letters hit the mat......

Its nice that they still keep you in mind though

Comment

I know, they are too kind, they both seem to have been given access to buy a right load of old shyte

Comment

They have got a few of mine which are UE so I think you are right......Seems such a shame as well given how nice they are

Comment

Working...
                      X