GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Diary - Spider65

Yes, there's no need to do anything if those are all you've received.

It's useful if you could quote the original post for each debt when you update or at least link to it.
    Last edited by Pixie; 14 February 2017, 07:42.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie thanks and will do. Regards.

Comment

20/02/17 Weekly Update : No letters this week. Number of calls received and ignored, mainly from Creation.

Comment

Great ignoring skills x x
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Nanna. I'm still surprised I'm not getting more letters coming through but am not complaining. Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
              Thanks Nanna. I'm still surprised I'm not getting more letters coming through but am not complaining. Rgds
              Enjoy the peace while you can. I'm waiting for the action with my DCA's too LOL

Comment

Thanks Sebaab and good luck, hope things go well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
                  Thanks Sebaab and good luck, hope things go well.

Funny, I said that then 3 letters drop on my doormat

Comment

27/02/17 Weekly Update : No letters again this week. Number of calls received and continuing to ignore.

Comment

Glad you are having a bit of respite from the letters......at least its helping to save the rain forests

In some respects the more calls you can ignore the better ( just note the number and time/date etc) but there will come a time where you need to send them a letter about those.

I've not read back too far but from my memory you are still not too far in yet so as long as those calls are not pushing you over the edge continue to ignore and record - Thats what I would do

You are doing just great

Comment

Thanks Spud. I stopped all payments last October 2016, so have a fair way to go yet. However given the support, help and advice of people on here, I feel a lot more confident about what to do, what is likely to happen etc

At the moment I can deal with the calls which I largely ignore anyway and I'm aware that there is a letter asking creditors to contact me in writing only which I will likely use at some point.

Thanks again.

Comment

Keep the great ignoring skills up xx
                          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

09/03/17 Weekly Update : Can I get some advice. For a while in order to maintain privacy I held a PO Box at my Local Delivery Office and collected my mail there. It is this address via my PO Box that my creditors use to get in contact with me, although I must admit the number of letters recently has diminished greatly. I have had this PO Box in place for a number of years (approx 4) but continued to use it despite not receiving a a renewal letter last year from Royal Mail. Royal Mail have now informed me that in order to keep using the PO Box, I will have to pay a fee for last year and also this year, a total of over £600. In between times, they will simply return my mail. I am slightly reluctant to pay this fee when I believe the fault lies with them.

The alternatives are to simply apply for a new PO Box, with a new number which will be just over £250 although this would mean getting in touch with my creditors to give them my new details or to simply do nothing and to see what happens ?

I'd appreciate any views, advice, thoughts etc. Thanks.

Comment

wasting your money foget P O Boxes in the end you will not achieve anything by paying out more than you owe others think about it - not clever, on electoral Roll ?? wasting your money

Comment

Thanks TC, I was thinking the same. The only problem is that if I don't have a PO Box, all of my mail will be initially returned to sender as all of my creditors only have my PO Box address.

I have no doubt they will have other methods of potentially getting in contact with me.

I'm also deliberately not shown on the Electoral Roll for my area. Regards

Comment

Working...
                                X