GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Diary - Spider65

4.. RMA Resolve :
    • Type of account - Loan/Credit Card (Egg)
    • Date commenced - Pre 2006
    • Approx balance - £5.2k
    • Date last paid - DMP Payment 1 Oct 2016
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement but stopped payments
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - Default (I think)
    • Account owner - RMA.

No letters received as yet but will add to this as required
    Last edited by Spider65; 31 October 2016, 08:27.

Comment

5.. Cahoot :

• Type of account - Loan From Cahoot
      • Approx balance - £5k 15/10 £3.7k
      • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement but stopped payments
      • Account owner - Cahoot.

No letters received as yet but will add to this as required

• 15/10 Been chasing PPI reimbursement. Letter received stating £1300 PPI reimbursement to be offset against above balance

Last edited by Spider65; 31 October 2016, 08:28.

Comment

6. Wescot Credit Services :
        • Type of account - Loan/Credit Card (Citibank?)
        • Approx balance - £2.2k
        • Account owner - Wescot.
        • 28/11 Letter received from Wescott asking me to contact them. Ignored for now.
          CCA letter sent.
        • 30/01/17 One letter only, from Arrow on behalf of Wescot to say they are unable to find the documentation relating to the CCA at this point, have returned the £1 PO and have confirmed that the account will not be subject to any collection activity until they find the CCA. Great news.
        • 13/02/17 Letter also received from Wescot advising that there will be no further contact from them.

Last edited by Spider65; 14 February 2017, 07:41. Reason: Update

Comment

7.. Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd :
          • Type of account - CitiFinancial Credit Card
          • Approx balance - £2k
          • Account owner - Cabot Financial (Europe).

• 13/2/17 Letter received from Cabot Financial re the above account advising me that my Payment Plan has ended. Plan to ignore just now.
          Last edited by Spider65; 14 February 2017, 07:39.

Comment

8. Laser UK Ltd :
            • Type of account - Credit Card (Creation)
            • Approx balance - £750
            • Account owner - Laser.

14/11 Letter received stating they haven't received any payment. Interest now being added to account.
            • 15/11 CCA template letter sent recorded delivery.
            • 28/11 CCA received by recorded delivery. Niddy says Thanks.
            • 10/01/17 Receiving lots of calls to my mobile from Creation. All being ignored for now./01/17
            • 16/01/17 Letter received from Creation expressing their disappointment that the account is in arrears. Filed/ignored.
            • 23/01/17 Letter from Creation advising me to return all cards, (there was only one) to stop making purchases,that account facilities have been suspended and to pay off the arrears. Filed and continuing to Ignore for now
            • 06/02/17 : One letter only, from Creation advising that I have arrears and if I don't pay them IMMEDIATELY it may result in a Default Notice and them passing the account on to a DEBT RECOVERY AGENCY. Plan to ignore at the moment.
            • 13/02/17 : Default Notice letter received from Creation. Plan to continue to ignore for now.
            Last edited by Spider65; 14 February 2017, 08:10.

Comment

9. NCO Europe Ltd :

• Type of account - Credit Card (AMEX I think)
              • Approx balance - £320
              • Account owner - NCO.

28/11 Letter from NCO to say they were taking over responsibility from Capquest. I didn't even know CQ were involved. Ignored for now.
                CCA Letter sent.
              Last edited by Spider65; 28 November 2016, 12:09. Reason: Updated

Comment

10. Capital One Europe Ltd :

• Type of account - Credit Card
                • Approx balance - £170
                • Account owner - Capital One

14/11 Letter received re no payment made.
                • 15/11 CCA template letter sent recorded delivery.
                • 05/12 Reconstituted CCA received from Capital One and they have stated that the account is enforceable. Passed over by email to Niddy for his views (thanks).
                • Niddy says which is brilliant! I'll await any developments from Capital One and report back. Thanks again.

• 19/12 Letter received from Apex Credit Mgt offering help, assistance etc etc. Letter sent to wrong address.
                • 21/12 Missing Prescribed Terms Letter sent to Crap One.
                • 22/12 SWID letter sent to Apex.
                • 05/01/17 Letter received from Apex (twin?) to wrong address again and advising that they are looking into my letter of complaint.
                • 11/01/17 Further letter received from Apex re Cap One. They have referred my complaint and letter back to CO and Apex say they have concluded matters just now.
                • 16/01/17 Another copy of the exact same reconstituted CCA sent to me plus a letter telling me how to request a SAR. Ignoring for now as Niddy said Unenforceable back in early December.
                • 24/03 Further Letter received from Apex Credit Mgt offering help, assistance etc etc. Again letter sent to wrong address.

- - - Updated - - -
                Last edited by Spider65; 24 March 2017, 17:10. Reason: Update

Comment

Listing everything is a combination of shock and relief! It helps you to take control.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Cymruambyth and agree.

I think the hardest thing for me is going to be not responding when the letters start coming in. I've been reading a number of threads to try and enhance my knowledge and information.

This Forum is tremendous !

Comment

Yes you are now in control as Cym says, x
                      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks again Nanna.

Comment

Hi, just wondering, having read through a number of others diaries, if there is anyway of knowing without the CCA information of whether my debts are enforceable or not ?

I think all of them were taken out prior to 2006, however I have been paying them through a DMP until now. I wondered if that had a bearing? I just wish I could have discovered this site before now as I could have stopped and potentially had them statute barred by now.

Still better late than never !

Comment

Same for me, Spider65! I'm 9 months into my journey. Just do what is suggested and you'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks JLC, appreciated.

Comment

No, you won't know until you have the paperwork; you can hazard a guess, but that isn't sufficient to fight! I think most of us can say if only about our debts, but now you are on the 6 year road to becoming SB!

Comment

Working...
                                X