GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Diary - Spider65

The debt management company I used didn't bother me after I dumped them. They were probably a bit pissed off at me for sending them an SAR request! They sent a very detailed one back which will help in the future. I got a friend if mine to call Cabot and ask them to stop texting the number as she didn't know who the messages were meant for. The phone calls have stopped (I emailed and stated not to reply to the email as they weren't monitored). I just need to see what response I get to the SWID letter.

Comment

Hope things go well JLC
      Rgds

Comment

Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
        Hope things go well JLC
        Rgds
        You too!

Comment

12/12/16 Weekly Update - Nothing to report.

Strangely no mail received. The odd call to my mobile which I am ignoring. I'm not complaining but wondering if the holiday period has started early? Rgds
          Last edited by Spider65; 13 December 2016, 08:33.

Comment

That's good to hear, it's nice to feel more in control. Without wishing to be pessimistic, they could be building up to flurry of mail. Hopefully you are right and they will wait until the new year to renew their actions
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Cyruambyth, thanks for the advice and I suspect you may be right, it may be the New Year before more mail comes in. The good thing is that I do feel more in control thanks to the advice and help from the people on here.

Comment

Hi Cyruambyth, thanks for the advice and I suspect you may be right, it may be the New Year before more mail comes in. The good thing is that I do feel more in control thanks to the advice and help from the people on here.

Comment

So in control you said it twice xxxxxxx that's good to hear
                  if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's great when you get that feeling of control
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

19/12/16 Weekly Update - Just keeping this up to date on a weekly basis although nothing to report, no letters received.

Again, the odd call to my mobile which I am ignoring but I am finding this strange. A company called apparently Apex Credit Mgt keep calling me which is strange as none of my debts are with them. Presumably sold on?

I suspect Cyruambyth may be right and it will be the New Year before anything comes in.

Rgds
                      Last edited by Spider65; 19 December 2016, 15:02.

Comment

20/12/2016 : Further update and I'd appreciate some further advice on the second letter below..

- Letter received from Shoosmiths re my Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd account stating they have requested the original credit agreement from their clients and will be in touch. In the meantime my account has been put on hold.

- Letter received from Apex Credit Management on behalf of Capital One, stating that they are here to help, talk to us etc etc. Capital One are the smallest of my creditors. My concern with this letter is that instead of being sent to my address it was sent to my parents address in a different part of the country inexplicably. I do share my full name with my father which may explain why they sent it there but I find the whole thing baffling. Thankfully it didn't cause any degree of concern to my parents who are in their late 70's as they realised on opening that it wasn't for them but I am annoyed at this latest "tactic".

The strange thing with this is that Capital One sent on request a reconstituted copy of my CCA when I requested it last month and Niddy has said it is unenforceable. I'd like to send a further letter to Apex telling them my views and telling them my correct address but would appreciate any advice from the good people on here.

Thanks

Last edited by Spider65; 20 December 2016, 08:15.

Comment

It's extremely annoying when they do something so underhanded , but that's how they operate.If you respond then you are acknowledging things so I think no matter how angry you feel best not to do anything.They will no doubt contact again in the new year ,then let us know. all the best for Christmas to you and yours xxxxx

Comment

Thanks Nanna, appreciated and the same to you and yours for the festive period.

I'm in a bit of a quandry what to do re this as I know its best to ignore it but at the same time I don't want my parents at this time of their life being bothered by the likes of Apex. I was tempted to simply write to them stating that if they need to contact me to do it in writing and to send it to the correct address. I'm sure there is legislation through something like Data Protection against this kind of nonsense.

The other aspect ias I mentioned s that Capital One have already sent a CCA which Niddy kindly looked over and said was unenforceable. I know there are various template letters for aspects such as sold in dispute etc and I wondered if I should send any of those?

Thanks again
                            Last edited by Spider65; 20 December 2016, 09:19.

Comment

Personally I don't think so ,but i will flag it up for you just to be safe x

Comment

Thanks Nanna, v much appreciated. Rgds x

Comment

Working...
                                X