GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Diary - Spider65

20/04/17 Weekly Update : Large number of calls received and continue to ignore,, mainly from Creation. No letters

Comment

27/04/17 Weekly Update : Large number of calls received and continue to ignore.

I received a text from a company called WMD stating that they want to discuss a personal business matter with me. I didn't reply but wondered if anyone had heard of them ?

Weapons of Mass Destruction Debt Collectors ?

Thanks

Comment

WEST MIDLANDS DEBT COLLECTIONS LIMITED - Overview (free ...

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01393333

maybe these?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks TC. According to the blurb relating to that commpany it says it is dissolved?

Anyway, to be honest I don't intend getting back to them any time soon.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi TC, I think you may be right re WMD as I looked up the phone number and they are based in Birmingham.

Comment

Hi, I wonder if I could get some further advice.

I've not been on here recently, mainly because things have been quiet and I was hoping they would stay that way.

I had largely been ignoring anything - calls, the occasional letter as highlighted above.

Yesterday, a letter was received from Moorcroft stating that they have been attempting to contact me on a personal matter,have been provided with an address that the letter was sent to (my parents address) and asking me to contact them.

My first inclination is to ignore this letter as I seem to recall some advice on here that said companies will occasionally send out "tracer" letters

However I'd appreciate any advice?

Thanks again

Comment

Sounds like aa trace , think I'd be inclined to ignore, unless someone knows better xxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Nanna, appreciated.

Regards

Comment

Moorcroft lame DCA phishing letter - see what they send next?

Comment

Keep an eye out for anything else they send to your parents' address.

Comment

Hi, further update relating to Moorcroft. Another letter received but again sent to the wrong address. I'm presuming they must have done some sort of trace and come up with my folk's address.

Anyway, this one is stating that they have been asked by Creation to act as collection agents and that they will be in touch within 7 days.

Can I ask again for any advice, particularly as they keep sending to the wrong address. Should I ignore/continue to ignore or reply back to them with the CCA query letter, putting on my correct address? I expect they are sending information to the other address as I've been ignoring them.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
                          Hi, further update relating to Moorcroft. Another letter received but again sent to the wrong address. I'm presuming they must have done some sort of trace and come up with my folk's address.

Anyway, this one is stating that they have been asked by Creation to act as collection agents and that they will be in touch within 7 days.

Can I ask again for any advice, particularly as they keep sending to the wrong address. Should I ignore/continue to ignore or reply back to them with the CCA query letter, putting on my correct address? I expect they are sending information to the other address as I've been ignoring them.

Thanks
                          Just make a NOTE of the Date so that you can keep an eye on matters!

BUT I should ask your parents to send the letter back NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS RETURN TO SENDER OPENED IN ERROR!
                          Its just a phishing letter isn't it.

Comment

update relating to Moorcroft. Another letter received but again sent to the wrong address. I'm presuming they must have done some sort of trace and come up with my folk's address.
                            Are you on the electoral roll at your parents' address or your current address or nowhere?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana, as far as I know I may be on the roll down there as I stayed there for a few months over a year ago but I had asked for my entry to be hidden.

Is this something I should pursue with the relevant Council?

I'm reluctant to check any credit reference information although I do wonder if there has been some sort of link made.

Thanks

Comment

may be on the roll down there as I stayed there for a few months over a year ago but I had asked for my entry to be hidden.

Is this something I should pursue with the relevant Council?
                                A call to the relevant council won't do any harm. You have to actively put yourself on the electoral roll so it won't have happened by accident.

In fact you may not need to call them because if you are on the electoral roll at your parents' address you should have been sent a polling card to vote in last week's shambolic General Election

I only asked because if a creditor/debt purchaser issues/serves a claim at an address where you don't live but you are visible at that address on the CRA files (you can't be "hidden" from those but you can opt out of having your details sold for marketing purposes) as being on the electoral roll at that address, then it's harder to get any Default Judgment (CCJ) set aside.

Definitely don't check your CRA file!

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X