GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
    Re: My Diary - Spider65

3. DLC :
    • Type of account - Loan/Credit Card (MBNA)
    • Date commenced - 2003
    • Approx balance - £6.6k
    • Date last paid - DMP Payment 1 Oct 2016
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying - Was on arrangement but stopped payments
    • Status (default/in arrears/up-to-date) - Default (I think)
    • Account owner - DLC.

5/12 Letter received re no recent payments have been made, please contact us etc.
      5/12 Ignored above and sent CCA letter
      09/1/17 Letter of acknowledgement received from DLC in relation to my CCA request stating that they have requested the original documentation and asking me in the meantime to make payments. Its a nice offer but think I'll resist for now.
    • 21/12 Response to CCA letter recieved with signed copy of original MBNA loan application from 2003. Can I send this to be checked and if so,can someone remind me how I do this? They make reference to the McGuffick V RBS case in a separate letter sent dated 12 October. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I notice loan / Credit Card? was converted into a Loan by MBNA?
    Haven't you been sent the CCA for the Credit Card?
    I think that a SAR to MBNA (cost £10) might be the way to go forward here whilst awaiting Niddy's response to the Loan CCA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

I notice loan / Credit Card? was converted into a Loan by MBNA?
      Haven't you been sent the CCA for the Credit Card?
      I think that a SAR to MBNA (cost £10) might be the way to go forward here whilst awaiting Niddy's response to the Loan CCA!
      Thanks Roger, I think it may have been a Credit Card debt that perhaps I converted to a loan. I honestly can't remember.

Thanks for the advice. I'll send the CCA over to Niddy tomorrow and also consider a SAR.

I must confess that I'll need to go and have a wee look back to recall what a SAR is?

Comment

• A Subject Access Request (SAR) to get the full history of the loan/credit card account. https://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/for...mplate-letters

Comment

• always good to get a SAR as many questions answered within it so send it off they will have 40 days to respond

might suggest you join AAD+ as may be needed
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thanks Roger and Technical Clerk, appreciate your help.

I've sent off the CCA documents information from DLC to Niddy just now, for him to have a look at.

Will also have a look at sending off a SAR. I think I may already be a member of AAD+ as had to utilise the template letters before.

Thanks v much again for your help
            Last edited by Spider65; 22 December 2017, 10:31.

Comment

• Hi, first time posting on here for a while but looking for some additional advice.

Most of my debts seem to have gone quiet but I am still getting letters and calls from both Cabot and Lowells.

Lowells seem to be dealing with the Creation overdue money (approx £800). I'm not sure who Cabot are representing although think it may also be Creation? Is that feasible?

Anyway, I've been ignoring all calls and letters although the latest from Lowells offered me 30% discount. My plan was to move slowly towards the 5 year date (I am in Scotland) which I figure is approximately May 2021. Can I check if this is still correct in terms of timescales?

Can I ask if there is anything else I should be doing? I'm aware that I think I could send both Lowells and Cabot , letters to stop them harassing me but I'm not sure if I would be better just continuing my ignoring them tactics.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Hi, first time posting on here for a while but looking for some additional advice.

Most of my debts seem to have gone quiet but I am still getting letters and calls from both Cabot and Lowells.

Lowells seem to be dealing with the Creation overdue money (approx £800). I'm not sure who Cabot are representing although think it may also be Creation? Is that feasible?

Anyway, I've been ignoring all calls and letters although the latest from Lowells offered me 30% discount. My plan was to move slowly towards the 5 year date (I am in Scotland) which I figure is approximately May 2021. Can I check if this is still correct in terms of timescales?

Can I ask if there is anything else I should be doing? I'm aware that I think I could send both Lowells and Cabot , letters to stop them harassing me but I'm not sure if I would be better just continuing my ignoring them tactics.

Comment

Comment

• I would apply the silence is golden rule, the lower your profile the better. Wait until you receive a serious threat, which may never come.

Letters aren't really much of a harassment but telephone calls can be if you don't have a call checker etc so that might need a fix of some kind if it bothers you.

Comment

• Thanks MisterK

Comment

• Feb 20 - Letter from Cabot asking me to pay MBNA account. Ignoring again for now.

Comment

• Hi Spider, just wondering what Niddy said when you sent him the MBNA account CCA a couple of years ago. If it isn't UE then it may not be any great cause for concern as Di will be able to tell you about all the other things that they regularly get wrong.

But if it is UE then I would think that you can ignore routine requests to pay up as there isn't much they can do to you. That's what I do.

Comment

• Hi, I could do with some advice / help, now that (thankfully) this site is back to good health.

Until recently, everything has been fine and I had been keeping a low profile. I have the debts listed above which I stopped paying in June 2016, after paying a Debt Management Plan for many years. All of the debts are pre 2000, when I had some problems financially due to my partner's illness and ended up taking out credit cards/loans to pay the mortgage for a while.

Around 6 weeks ago I received a letter from Cabot re one of the debts with a company called CitiBank which is for around £2.2k. I ignored this letter but failed to spot that it said they had appointed a rep from a Glasgow based company called Resolvecall to turn up at my home address to speak to me about the CitiBank debt. I believe Niddy back in 2016, said that the debt was probably unenforceable

Needless to say, about 2 weeks ago, I had a lady from Resolvecall turn up at my door to discuss the debt with me and asking me to contact Cabot immediately. I refused and said that as the debt was in dispute that I wouldn't be paying anything until I have confirmation from Cabot. She also seemed to be recording my answers via her phone.

To date, I haven't heard anything further, no letters, visits or calls, although I really would like to avoid someone turning up at my door again and wonder if there is anything I can do?.

I am also receiving emails from Cabot, on a weekly basis, asking me to log into my account. To date, I have simply been deleting these.

I live in Scotland, so am aware that my debts will be statute barred from June 2021 and to be honest was keeping quiet/under the radar as things progressed to this date. I was intending simply doing that until June 2021.

I would be grateful for any advice/help that any more experienced members on here have.

Thanks in advance.

I would gratefully appreciate any advice or help you can provide in relation to the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
                              Hi, I could do with some advice / help, now that (thankfully) this site is back to good health.

Until recently, everything has been fine and I had been keeping a low profile. I have the debts listed above which I stopped paying in June 2016, after paying a Debt Management Plan for many years. All of the debts are pre 2000, when I had some problems financially due to my partner's illness and ended up taking out credit cards/loans to pay the mortgage for a while.

Around 6 weeks ago I received a letter from Cabot re one of the debts with a company called CitiBank which is for around £2.2k. I ignored this letter but failed to spot that it said they had appointed a rep from a Glasgow based company called Resolvecall to turn up at my home address to speak to me about the CitiBank debt. I believe Niddy back in 2016, said that the debt was probably unenforceable

Needless to say, about 2 weeks ago, I had a lady from Resolvecall turn up at my door to discuss the debt with me and asking me to contact Cabot immediately. I refused and said that as the debt was in dispute that I wouldn't be paying anything until I have confirmation from Cabot. She also seemed to be recording my answers via her phone.

To date, I haven't heard anything further, no letters, visits or calls, although I really would like to avoid someone turning up at my door again and wonder if there is anything I can do?.

I am also receiving emails from Cabot, on a weekly basis, asking me to log into my account. To date, I have simply been deleting these.

I live in Scotland, so am aware that my debts will be statute barred from June 2021 and to be honest was keeping quiet/under the radar as things progressed to this date. I was intending simply doing that until June 2021.

I would be grateful for any advice/help that any more experienced members on here have.

Thanks in advance.

I would gratefully appreciate any advice or help you can provide in relation to the above.
                              did the "Lady" that called say she was recording the conversation?, she should of done,
                              The reply to any question should always be, "not today thank you, please shut the gate on your way out".
                              but as you have heard nothing since I wouldn't worry until you do.
                              NW
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thanks NW, this is something I will do if anyone turns up again.

At the time, I was a little taken aback and for a few minutes did indulge in conversation with her before telling her to leave. She was v insistent that she would only leave once I had phoned Cabot, which I told her repeatedly I wouldn't do. After about 5 minutes she left.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
                                X