GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Diary - Spider65

Thanks I won't check the CRA.

I've been in contact with the relevant Council and filled out an online form to be taken off/hidden from the Register if I am on it.

I didn't receive a voting notification at this address last week, so think I may not be on there anyway.

I suspect its a phishing letter from Moorcroft and plan to continue to ignore for the foreseeable.

Thanks again for all the advice / reassurance etc. It is genuinely appreciated

Comment

• 12th September
      Re: My Diary - Spider65

Been generally keeping a low profile but at the same time keeping an eye on what has been happening. I'm currently approximately 16 months since default so hoping to keep going until the 5 year freedom threshold.

At the moment the only people who are bothering me are Cabot who are keeping in contact by phone on a virtual daily basis. They also keep sending me nice letters around once per week telling me they can help etc. Unfortunately these still continue to be sent to my parents address as Cabs seem to be under the v mistaken misapprehension that I've moved back in with my parents. The letters keep saying we have checked our records etc etc. I'm afraid they patently haven't.

I'll sent them a Tailored CCA request this morning and will see what develops. I suspect given who the original debt was with (N Rock) they may struggle to find anything worthwhile.

Thanks again for all the advice / reassurance etc. It is genuinely appreciated If anyone doesn't think the above is the right thing to do, please let me know.

Comment

• Without searching back through the diary, have you already sent them a CCA or a CCA for this account despite who owned it at the time?

If you have and it was deemed UE then I would advise against sending a further one, especially if they are sending you pink and fluffy love letters at the moment

Why would you give them the chance to remedy any problems?

As long as the letters contain no threats I'd leave well alone at the moment
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi Spud, thanks for the reply. I've not sent anything at all to them as yet.

Simply received the letters and calls and developed my ignoring skills.

I did notice that the letters were becoming more frequent and slightly less fluffy in tone and I also have the problem of them bothering my parents with the letters. I've no idea where they got this information.

It was because of all these reasons I thought of sending the CCA?

Thanks

Comment

• You could send them the telephone harassment letter from your current address. That should stop the calls, and they also ought to pick up on the correct address.

Comment

• Thanks SW for the advice, I'll give that a go. Regards

Comment

• I was going to ask about how your parents felt about the letters etc

If it was not causing you or them any issues I would leave as is for now

If it is a problem, Do as Still waving advises and that will hopefully kill the two birds at the same time as it were
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
                  I've not sent anything at all to them as yet.

Simply received the letters and calls and developed my ignoring skills.

I did notice that the letters were becoming more frequent and slightly less fluffy in tone and I also have the problem of them bothering my parents with the letters. I've no idea where they got this information.

It was because of all these reasons I thought of sending the CCA?
                  Since you've not sent a s 77-79 CCA Request you could do that now.

It'll probably make the phone calls and letters stop then you won't need to send them a confrontational letter accusing them of harassment (unless they start to call you again). Normally once contact has been made (and a CCA Request sent/received) things go quiet.

It's up to you whether you want them to have your current address.

If things escalate and they decide to issue a claim (hopefully not!) then it will be served on your 'last known address' so make up your mind whether you want them to know where you actually live or continue with your parents address. Since you live in Scotland any court action would likely begin with a Writ being hand-served by the Sheriff's Office which you probably don't want to happen at your folks' home.

However with any luck they'll struggle to find the Northern Rock loan credit agreement before the debt becomes Statute Barred (only five not six years in Scotland)

Di

Comment

• Thanks v much for the advice and I think I'll send the s 77-79 CCA Request.

My parents aren't too bothered just now about the letters (approximately one per week) but I'd prefer them not to be bothered.

I'm also intrigued why/how Cabot got their address and think I live there. I share the same initials as my Dad, so possibly that may be the reason? I'm not that intrigued though to do anything daft like check my credit report or anything.

Anyway, thanks v much again, appreciated

Comment

• Hi, further update 28/09.

CCA request sent to Cabot early September.
                      Reply received from C (again sent to the wrong address) stating that Northern R are unlikely to be able to provide the requested documentation and as a result Cabot are no longer pursuing collection.
                      Also they confirm that due to the time elapsed entry this entry should not appear on my credit file.
                      Good news?
                      Thanks for all the help on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spider65 View Post
                        Hi, further update 28/09.

CCA request sent to Cabot early September.
                        Reply received from C (again sent to the wrong address) stating that Northern R are unlikely to be able to provide the requested documentation and as a result Cabot are no longer pursuing collection.
                        Also they confirm that due to the time elapsed entry this entry should not appear on my credit file.
                        Good news?
                        Thanks for all the help on here.
                        Yes, Good News. Keep that letter as you never know when it will come in handy. Be aware though, that Cabot may sell the account on to some other mug somewhere down the line.

Comment

• Thanks SW, I did wonder about that.

Fingers crossed though that if they can't get any information from NR. Plus I wonder if the well documented problems at NR may also help.

I'm also hoping that the time elapsed aspects are in my favour. I think the original application was from the late 1990's/early 2000's.

Anyway, thanks again for the message and help.

Comment

• 21st December 2017 :
                            • 21/12 Response to CCA letter recieved from DLC (see earlier entry relating to them) with signed copy of original MBNA loan application from 2003.

It seems to have taken them a while to find, however sadly they appear to have achieved it

Can I send this to be checked and if so,can someone remind me how I do this?

They make reference to the McGuffick V RBS case in a separate letter sent dated 12 October. Any advice would be appreciated.
                            Last edited by Spider65; 21 December 2017, 10:04.

Comment

• webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk send to Niddy for checking quoting this thread etc

Comment

• Hi, TC thanks for the message. I'll forward on to Niddy tomorrow when I have access to a scanner.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
                                X