GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script My Diary - Spider65 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Diary - Spider65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Diary - Spider65

Thanks again Cyruambyth.

Comment

Good luck on your journey, follow all the advice and try to remain positive. Organisation is key too, keep a track of everything. I am over 6 years into mine and when i look back at it now, i did worry far too much

Cheers
      Slick
      Fight the good fight and we will prevail
      Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Comment

Thanks v much.

Comment

Quick update 23/10 : Cancelled my fee paying DMP earlier this month. Received a few calls and letters asking for me to rejoin but ignored.

Expecting lots of mail from next month and will update on here.

Comment

Ignoring skills developing nicely xxxxxx
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, yet another question (hopefully not too daft). Should I be doing anything re finding out the dates of the default notices?

I think most were from around 2005/6 but I can't remember. At the time I was scrabbling around looking for a remedy to the situation I had got myself into - hence the fee paying DMP. Most of these have transferred from the original lender to a DMC. Again, does that matter and do I need to do anything at this stage ?

Finally, I've been spending a lot of time on here and reading as much as I can. Am I correct in thinking because I live in Scotland the Statute Time Bar is 5 years ?

Thanks again. I have made a small contribution to the fund and intend to again later as I can. Its worth it for the advice and feeling of empowerment already.

Comment

Yep Scotland is earlier ,I would just get on with life and tackle anything when needs be .glad you feel better already xxx
                if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Nanna, okay will do. Thanks v much again. x

Comment

I did an SAR request to my DMP company and found that they had received copies of the default notices. I also have copies of all letters in case I ever need to refer back.

Comment

Thanks JLC, I'll maybe leave it just now but go down this route as well later. I'm trying to prepare and get as much background information in my head as I can.

Thanks again

Comment

just don't go prodding any of the CRAs, much better to just stick under the radar for the time being and make the most of the cash you are saving.

Comment

Okay thanks Mrs D, will do. Regards

Comment

Thank you for the donation Spider65

Yes, in Scotland the time to SB is 5 years and then the debts are extinguished unlike the rest of the UK. I wouldn't worry too much about your default notices, the important date is the date you stopped paying your DMP.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Thanks Pixie.

Comment

Hi can I check in with a question. I think what I'm doing is right but want to simply check it out with the good people on here.

My last DMP payment was 1 October and since I've been getting a lot of calls to my mobile which I don't recognise. I've simply been ignoring these, thinking that if importnat they will leave a voicemail or send a letter.

I suspect that most of my creditors will have my mobile number from my previous dealings with them and also as we don't have a landline/landline number.

Should I just continue to ignore until they start sending out letters ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X