GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script time to sort this mess out - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

time to sort this mess out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: time to sort this mess out

Bit late then x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Just a quick update to my diary.
      No real news on any account really apart from one which got passed to Cabot and they keep sending letters, then after they got bored of that they passed it onto another company who has only contacted me 4times and then nothing. None of the others have contacted me at all in about 12months so all quiet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaffacake View Post
        Re: time to sort this mess out

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds tsb loan
        Date Commenced - 2004
        Approx Balance - 1874
        Date last paid - ?
        Arrangement or not paying – DMP
        Status – Defaulted 2008
        Account owner – PRA Group

25/02/16 – full and final settlement of20% sent
        09/03/16 – offer rejected offered 20%discount
        11/03/16 – CCA request sent
        14/03/16 – CCA request signed for
        18/03/16 - letter received from PRA group acknowledging cca request, they have requested the relevant documents and suspended collection on account until further notice- they have also returned the £1 postal order.
        26/06//16 - they have sent some computer printouts but no other info at this time, they also say they will not contact me again until they have the rest of the info.
        Hi everyone
        PRA and finally got back to me on the cca request I sent 2 years ago, they have sent me what looks like a copy of an agreement and some terms, just need advice on next step from here please.

Comment

Hi everyone
          PRA and finally got back to me on the cca request I sent 2 years ago, they have sent me what looks like a copy of an agreement and some terms, just need advice on next step from here please.
          Send it to Niddy for checking - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk - without blanking out any personal info. Title it Jaffacake's CCA, and include a link to this thread.

Comment

Hi everyone
            So the docs look good after getting niddy to look at them, I’m about 2 years into the SB route so let’s see if I can blag it for another 4

Comment

• Are you saying Niddy has said the docs look enforceable or just you think they are?

Remember there is a lot that can stop them winning in court, I have had seemingly good agreements closed for no reason I can tell ( It was a 2010 digitally signed account) I have another where the terms and conditions- while looking good on first sight could not have been the correct ones. We won in court on another because of no DN and several others have gone SB even though they looked good ( There were bad DN’s but they didn’t even try)

Comment

• Yes I sent them to niddy who said they look good unfortunately but to follow advice on forum and see how it goes.

Comment

• By way of background
                  I notice the default was 2008.
                  Your Diary entry start from February 2016 and your dealings with PRA.
                  That's a 8 year gap.
                  When was the Debt sold by Lloyds TSB and to whom?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post
                    By way of background
                    I notice the default was 2008.
                    Your Diary entry start from February 2016 and your dealings with PRA.
                    That's a 8 year gap.
                    When was the Debt sold by Lloyds TSB and to whom?
                    Hi sorry it took so long to reply but had to dig the info out but this is how this is what ive got,
                    it was with Lloyds tsb being paid through a debt management programme then it changed to aktiv capital around 2012/2013. I havnt got any other paper work to show the exact date as at that time I was just burying my head and hoping it would all just go away.
                    all the time it was aktiv capital there was small payments being paid via the dmp then in 2014 they changed there name to pra group (uk) limited but the payments were still being paid.
                    Then in 2016 I came across this site and started to take control, closed the dmp and sent offers to settle the accounts but were all rejected so started my SB journey.
                    And this is where we are today I sent my cca request back in 2016 and never really heard anything from them apart from the odd letter regarding end of year statements.

Comment

Hi sorry it took so long to reply but had to dig the info out but this is how this is what ive got,
                      it was with Lloyds tsb being paid through a debt management programme then it changed to aktiv capital around 2012/2013. I havnt got any other paper work to show the exact date as at that time I was just burying my head and hoping it would all just go away.
                      all the time it was aktiv capital there was small payments being paid via the dmp then in 2014 they changed there name to pra group (uk) limited but the payments were still being paid.
                      Then in 2016 I came across this site and started to take control, closed the dmp and sent offers to settle the accounts but were all rejected so started my SB journey.
                      And this is where we are today I sent my cca request back in 2016 and never really heard anything from them apart from the odd letter regarding end of year statements.
                      Just store that information away very carefully. Enter this information into your Diary as it helps give advice.
                      Akitv Didn't change its name it was Brought by PRA.
                      There may well be Assignment issues among other issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

Just store that information away very carefully. Enter this information into your Diary as it helps give advice.
                        Akitv Didn't change its name it was Brought by PRA.
                        There may well be Assignment issues among other issues.
                        oh the letter I have from them says that on 6/11/2014 Aktiv kapital changed there name to pra and that I don’t need to do anything, no mention of any buying out or transfer of account. Will wait and see what they send next.

Comment

• https://globenewswire.com/news-relea...0-Million.html

Comment

Re: time to sort this mess out

TYPE OF ACCOUNT – lloyds tsb loan
                            Date Commenced - 2004
                            Approx Balance - 1874
                            Date last paid - 04/2016
                            Arrangement or not paying – DMP
                            Status – Defaulted 2008
                            Account owner – PRA Group

Account was on a DMP with Lloyds for a number of years before going to Aktiv Capital( I cant find a default letter or transfer of debt for this account)
                            whilst with Aktiv Capital it was still being paid through a DMP
                            2014- Aktiv changed name to PRA Group (uk) ltd

25/02/16 – full and final settlement of20% sent
                            09/03/16 –My offer rejected but they offered a 20% discount
                            11/03/16 – CCA request sent
                            14/03/16 – CCA request signed for
                            18/03/16 - letter received from PRA group acknowledging cca request, they have requested the relevant documents and suspended collection on account until further notice- they have also returned the £1 postal order.
                            26/06//16 - they have sent some computer printouts but no other info at this time, they also say they will not contact me again until they have the rest of the info.
                            09/18 - recieved a response regarding cca request, looks enforceable after documents were looked at by Niddy
                            Good afternoon all

Received a letter this morning from PRA Group regarding the above, it says as follows.

PRA Group (uk) limited purchased your outstanding balance with LLoyds TSB Bank Plc.
                            Your account is being managed by our investigations and Litigation department to look at your outstanding debt for possible litigation recovery.
                            we want to work with you to help clear your remaining debt in an affordable manner, we have fully trained account managers waiting to take your call. We will be honest and realistic in discussing all the opportunities with you to resolve this matter within a defined period of time.

if we do not hear from you, then we will be forced to undertake further investigations to gain an insight into your ability to pay the outstanding balance through information that is available to us. we look forward to hearing from you within the next 14 days of the date of this letter(10/10/18) to avoid us moving to the next stage.

so looking for advice on the next thing for me to do please.

Comment

• Roger
                              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Well lets start logically here. You need some back ground details here
                                1/ DMP? You should raise a SAR ( GDPR Now) on that DMP because it may be that various documents such as Assignment etc.. were sent to them.

2/ Account was on a DMP with Lloyds for a number of years before going to Aktiv Capital( I cant find a default letter or transfer of debt for this account)
                                whilst with Aktiv Capital it was still being paid through a DMP
                                2014- Aktiv changed name to PRA Group (uk) ltd

3/ Their letter "..PRA Group (uk) limited purchased your outstanding balance with LLoyds TSB Bank Plc. .."
                                PRA brought Aktiva Capital it wasn't a name change (2) above
                                So there may be Assignment issues here.

4/ It was originally a Loan? Do you know if there was any PPI here? What was the size of that Original Loan? What was the purpose of that Loan (for instance was it to pay of overdraft/credit card debt etc.. etc.

5/ Under the new regulations they should send a Letter Before Claim before litigation and there is no mention of that here.

6/ There is a mixed argument over whether to raise a SAR (GDPR now) with the Original Debtor. It seems here that PRA have already been communication with Lloyds tsb (hence the delay in obtaining the CCA.). At some point a SAR from Lloyds will be required my thoughts are you could do this now (because of the PPI and background to the debt etc..)

I wouldn't reply to PRA at this moment and subject to the above points (which I think you need to investigate) I would wait and see what their next move here is!

Comment

Working...
                                X