GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot still chancing arm - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot still chancing arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot still chancing arm

Barclaycard Branded

Taken out May 2003

Total owed £1,771.04

Last Payment November 2011

Requested CCA in January 2012 from both Barclaycard and Cabot, both admitted due to age of agreement that they did not have the original CCA. They sent a generic set of terms and conditions.

All went quiet till May 2014 when Cabot demanded payment again and said they were asking the original creditor for the agreement, sent them their letter stating that Barclaycard did not have one, looked on Niddy's agreement page to see how a enforceable agreement should be and wrote and told them if they did manage to find one this time I would be ensuring it was correct. Then a very strange reply back.

So they sent this letter which leaves me a little surprised. Now I don't know if they are just chancing their arm here, seems strange I have not heard from them in 30 months. Is what they say correct ??? they can just cobble an agreement up with no signature etc.
    Attached Files

Re: Cabot still chancing arm

ok you made a wee mistake by going off piste with the letter you sent.

You have two letters telling you that they have no paperwork? So if anyone comes back chasing this, you just need to send out letter telling them this.
    They reconstitute but they would need something to reconstitute from and if they are saying they haven't got anything then essentially they haven't got anything!

unless they find it, they can't just make it up

it's very possible they will punt this to someone else now so just hang on to your letters, and use the correct template, no off pisteing at all and then sit tight until its SB

Comment

Working...
    X