GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script JASSASBLUE - UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jassasblue View Post
    Re: JASSASBLUE - UE Diary

Account Owner Moorcroft Debt Recovery, previously Citi Cards

Type of account
    Credit Card
    Date commenced Unknown poss 95 - 96
    Approx balance £1476.34
    Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
    Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
    Status Dropped off Credit File

Letter Sent
    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
    13/01/14 Letter received from Moorcroft saying contact Citi Financial for CCA
    16/01/14 CCA Letter sent to Citi Financial
    01/02/14 Letter Received from Citi Cards
    unfortunately we are no longer able to assist you as your card account has been sold to third party organisation. All information requests (other than data subject information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998) must be requested directly from the third party organisation who purchased your account. They haven't returned my PO either !!
    03/02/14 2nd CCA Letter sent to Moorcroft with copy of Citi Cards Letter
    13/02/14 Letter received from Moorcroft - Account in dispute, they are to contact OC, advised I suspend payment and await further outcome.
    07/03/14 Letter from Moorcroft, failed to pay arrangement, doorstep visit arranged.
    01/10/15 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored

01/09/17 Annual Statement received from Moorcroft - ignored
    08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
    22/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft with Monthly Instalment offer - ignored
    I have just returned from working away for a week to a letter threatening a doorstep collector will be at my house on Tuesday 12th December. It says the purpose of the visit is to assist me in establishing contact with Head Office and does not involve recovery of monies or possessions.

Help, what do I do about it? It'll be so embarrassing if somebody turns up at my house!

TIA - Julie x

Comment

Type of account
      Credit Card
      Approx balance £1476.34

Letter Sent
      Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent
      unfortunately we are no longer able to assist you as your card account has been sold to third party organisation. All information requests (other than data subject information requests under the Data Protection Act 1998) must be requested directly from the third party organisation who purchased your account. They haven't returned my PO either !!
      13/02/14 Letter received from Moorcroft - Account in dispute, they are to contact OC, advised I suspend payment and await further outcome.
      07/03/14 Letter from Moorcroft, failed to pay arrangement, doorstep visit arranged.

08/09/17 Letter from Moorcroft asking me to ring them to make arrangements to pay - ignored
      I have just returned from working away for a week to a letter threatening a doorstep collector will be at my house on Tuesday 12th December. It says the purpose of the visit is to assist me in establishing contact with Head Office and does not involve recovery of monies or possessions.

Help, what do I do about it? It'll be so embarrassing if somebody turns up at my house!

TIA - Julie x

Comment

Type of account
        Credit Card
        Approx balance £1476.34

Letter Sent
        Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent

TIA - Julie x

Comment

• does the letter say they will visit OR Will CALL,if it says call they normally phone , it is very rare that anyone turns up, if someone does you do not need to even speak to them, they have no powers what so ever. That is why they can't recover anything.
          I do love that line " Assist in establishing contact with head office". they phone the office and pass the phone to you.

They were sending a "field recovery agent" to visit me, all the fields are still there, they didn't take one!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• If somebody turns up asked them to sing Silent Night! or Good King Wenceslas!

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              does the letter say they will visit OR Will CALL,if it says call they normally phone , it is very rare that anyone turns up, if someone does you do not need to even speak to them, they have no powers what so ever. That is why they can't recover anything.
              I do love that line " Assist in establishing contact with head office". they phone the office and pass the phone to you.

They were sending a "field recovery agent" to visit me, all the fields are still there, they didn't take one!
              Hi Nightwatch, thank you, no the letter says they are going to visit my home between the hours of 8am and 6pm. I'll make sure I don't answer the door! Haha field recovery agent

Comment

Hi Nightwatch, thank you, no the letter says they are going to visit my home between the hours of 8am and 6pm. I'll make sure I don't answer the door! Haha field recovery agent
                Ok so today whilst I'm at work the 'Agent' arrived, the old lady opposite came over to my house and challenged him bless her and offered to call me at work, he was very rude to her. Do I need to do anything? He put a letter through the door saying please call our office to make payment immediately or action will be taken........

Moorcroft are certainly active these days, I am also 4 years into my journey :-)

Comment

Ok so today whilst I'm at work the 'Agent' arrived, the old lady opposite came over to my house and challenged him bless her and offered to call me at work, he was very rude to her. Do I need to do anything? He put a letter through the door saying please call our office to make payment immediately or action will be taken........

Moorcroft are certainly active these days, I am also 4 years into my journey :-)
                  You could make a formal complaint about their uninvited rep being rude to your dear old neighbour.

Comment

Account Owner Debt Managers Ltd, previously Next
                    • Type of account Next Directory Store Card
                    • Date commenced 25/11/2002
                    • Approx balance £601.00
                    • Date last paid DMP 25/12/2013
                    • Are you on arrangement or not paying DMP
                    • Status Default 02/10/2009 UPDATE October 16 - Default Removed due to age

Letter Sent
                    Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter sent
                    11/01/14 Agreement received from Next
                    11/01/14 Email to Niddy
                    11/01/14 Email from Niddy agreement UE :-)
                    Next course of action: http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...escribed-terms
                    16/01/14 PT letter sent
                    16/01/14 Another agreement received from Next same as 11/01/2014 - only difference they say balance £201.15 instead of £601.16
                    20/01/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd enclosing agreement and asking for payment - ignored as crossed with PT Letter 16/01/14
                    18/03/14 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd chasing for payment, they have contacted Stepchange who inform account closed!
                    27/03/14 Letter received from Parkgate Investigation Bureau (division of Debt Managers) chasing for payment - ignored
                    10/04/14 Letter received from Scotcall - Impending Debt Collection Visit

11/04/14 SWID sent
                    18/05/16 Email from Next they are preparing to sell the debt to a DCA - ignored
                    25/11/16 -
                    Notice of Assignment received from Debt Managers (Services) Ltd, they have bought the debt from Next and chasing payment - ignored
                    Daily emails received from Debt Managers asking for payment - all ignored
                    13/12/16 Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd, I've failed to respond to their attempts to contact them, the next course of action is a referral to their solicitors to commence legal action or a home visit by their external agents
                    10/01/17 SWID sent to Debt Managers Ltd

21/01/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, info requested from Next, account on hold
                    10/03/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, account still on hold, no response from Next!

25/09/17 Letter from Debt Managers Ltd, (I've ignored monthly one's since March 17), they state Next Directory are unaware of any dispute on this account and haven't received any contact from me at all. They have enclosed a copy of my Credit agreement (the same one I have had twice before in 2014) also they have attached a statement, only they haven't attached mine, the one I have belongs to a chap down South (full details from them too) and not mine!!!!

01/10/17 Copy of SWID 11/04/14 sent with a one liner of their acknowledgement
                    Letter received from Debt Managers, they have received a response from Next who state they do not have a signed copy of my credit agreement therefore have provided a blank version which was issued to me in due course on 17th January 2014. They are happy that the debt is now overdue and payable by return, they've sent an Income/Expenditure form to assist them decide my repayment. Think I'll ignore this one and wait for the follow up?

Thanks guys for your help as always.

Comment

Type of account
                      Credit Card
                      Approx balance £1476.34

Letter Sent
                      Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent

20/09/18 To date this year I have had over 10 letters from Moorcroft requesting payment, insisting I fill in income and expenditure, then statements like 'this will now be passed for more serious debt collection activities'. I am 2 months away from a whole 5 years into this journey, 14 months to statute barred and counting.

Do I just keep filing these letters away?

Comment

• Yes, but please update your diary when you receive them,

Thanks, NW
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Nightwatch, sorry I'll make an effort to keep my post up to date and thank you for your advice. Julie

Comment

• No problem, just that if somthing was to happen then when you came back on we wouldnt have the full history to make a helpfull reply,
                            It also helps any newbys who are searching for advice know how things sometimes follow a set pattern

Hope you and yours are keeping well xx

Comment

Type of account
                              Credit Card
                              Approx balance £1476.34

Letter Sent
                              Letter Received

03/01/14 CCA Letter Sent

06/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                              20/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - discount offer - ignored
                              01/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft - they are sending a representative to my house - ignored
                              12/12/17 Mr Holmes called to my house but I was out - he also spoke to my neighbour!!!
                              29/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft 70% settlement offer - ignored
                              04/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - debt collection to commence - ignored
                              16/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - they haven't heard from me asking me to call them - ignored
                              01/09/18 Annual statement received - ignored
                              03/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft offering monthly payments - ignored
                              17/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                              06/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                              20/10/17 Letter from Moorcroft - discount offer - ignored
                              01/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft - they are sending a representative to my house - ignored
                              12/12/17 Mr Holmes called to my house but I was out - he also spoke to my neighbour!!!
                              29/12/17 Letter from Moorcroft 70% settlement offer - ignored
                              04/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - debt collection to commence - ignored
                              16/08/18 Letter from Moorcroft - they haven't heard from me asking me to call them - ignored
                              01/09/18 Annual statement received - ignored
                              03/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft offering monthly payments - ignored
                              17/09/18 Letter from Moorcroft - further debt recovery action to be taken - ignored
                              Finally brought my post up to date, letter received from Moorcroft offering a substantial discount and also telling me I'm going to get a doorstep agent visit. The last time I ignored this letter 01/12/17 they sent a Mr Holmes while I was at work and he spoke to my neighbours - any advice please?

Comment

• moorcroft do not buy debts only try and commission collect them - no powers.

Comment

Working...
                                X