GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pebbles88 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pebbles88 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pebbles88 UE Diary

well well

westcot wrote today... Door step collection notice...

they already had this reply before it got sent to nelson guest with a door step threat s*d off included

14th July 2011

Westcot Credit Services Ltd
    PO Box 137
    Hull
    HU2 8HF

Dear Westcot,

I write with reference to the above numbered account and note with regret that you have taken the time to look into this matter further.

Do you need me to point out that this account is formally in dispute with National Westminster Bank, Triton Credit Services, RMA & now Westcot and has been since they all failed to acknowledge my Consumer Credit Agreement (CCA) Request, in line with s.78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (CCA1974).

As you are no doubt aware, your continual harassment not only breaches the Consumer Credit Act (1974), but also the Data Protection Act (1998), the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and the Office Of Fair Trading's Debt Collection Guidelines. Being that the Original Creditor is now in default of my CCA Request and OFT Debt Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in serious dispute, especially due to the fact that whilst my CCA Request remains in default (outstanding), enforcement action is not permitted in line with s.127(3) of the CCA1974. As such, any litigation you may decide to take will be vigorously defended and I will counter claim for all quantifiable damages and costs, upon having the summons set-aside, due to the dispute and your knowledge of my dispute.

I therefore suggest you go away and stop harassing me with such nonsense. If you really want to waste my time, the courts time and your clients time by pursuing this "lost cause" then please feel free - however this will be emphasised when I apply for set-aside, more so because I am telling you the law and telling you that whilst an account is in dispute no formal action can and should be taken.

I shall be citing the following reasons; to get any formal request made by you set-aside:
    • The creditor failed to comply with the rules and prejudiced the debtor in the process.
    • The demand was issued in error.
    • The amount stated on the statutory demand is disputed.
    • Section 127(1) of the Consumer Credit Act (CCA 1974) is subject to the restrictions imposed by sections 127(3) & (4). Those subsections set out the circumstances in which the court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) of the Act.

I also appreciate and understand the provision of the recent Carey v HSBC {and others} case that stipulates a reconstituted agreement can be provided; however I am disputing the actual existence of such an original which means the Carey case is irrelevant as without one the account would still be deemed unenforceable. Carey only went to prove that if you could not provide an original, for whatever reason, but had proof on your systems/records that certain conditions were in place at that time then a recon could be submitted only in-so-far as to satisfy your s.78 request. If you do not have an original, then a recon cannot be produced.

Similarly, in line with the most recent OFT Guidance surrounding unenforceability (October 2010), you should be aware that the OFT has stipulated the following;

Sections 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 outline the information creditors must provide to debtors under fixed-term, running account & Hire Agreements. Under these sections a debtor can pay £1 to get:
    §a copy of their agreement
    §copies of some of the other documents mentioned in their agreement
    §a statement of account.

If this information is not provided within 12 working days the debt becomes unenforceable. This means a creditor cannot:

§make the debtor pay the debt before they're supposed to
    §get a court judgment against the debtor

I have made myself crystal clear, now I suggest you go and pass this account back to National Westminster Bank and stop with the bullying tactics, they will not work; also stop wasting my time. If you decide to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate formal complaints with the appropriate authorities including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

Furthermore, Should it be your intention to arrange a doorstep visit, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished. I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Please be aware I will only deal with you in writing

Yours faithfully

should i just send another door step threat letter? even though they already had one?

Comment

am just gonna send the door step threat letter again.

Comment

Send it again yes.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Send it again yes.
          hello :niddy

yes i sent that today...

DH got the job btw

how was your holiday? you globetrotting go getter!

Comment

Very well done to DH getting a job the way things are at the moment
            When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
              Very well done to DH getting a job the way things are at the moment
              aw thanks, i know its so hard, he had applied for over 140 jobs in a couple of weeks & only had 2 interviews, he got both, but the first one got pulled at last minute with funding cuts.

through my work i also see how many people are genuinely slogging their guts out to get work, and not getting any replies back, its really disheartening. there are plenty of people finding work, but compared to how many are still left its heartbreaking.

Comment

Well done on the job -

Thats great news!

I'm back to cold n wet UK, am tanned and refreshed though so can't be all bad
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well done to DH on the job - from someone who had an unsuccessful last week.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

thanks again, sorry its a late reply, been a manic week. Mums back in hosp, took v ill last week and due to a prev hiccup during an interview for the ssame company 2 years ago the job for DH got pulled, still at least they paid him for 1.5 days, and another silver lining, at least he will be around for mum wheb she is discharged til she is fully better.

Pixie: sorry you had an unsuccessful week jobwise. it is so hard at the moment, and certainly as though all the rules regarding who gets the job have gone at the window. i.e: the person who looks the best one for the job, and you would imagine a shoo in so to speak, is prob the most likely to not get it.

I don't think it helps that as employers don't have the capacity to do the recruitment themselves (due to the amount of people applying, which could be hundreds) and are getting agencies to do it (which is great for the agency staff as more work) that as they maybe don't know all the details of what the job will involve, they look over the best candidates.

Looking for work is a full time job in itself, and can be a soul destroying one also, fingers crossed for you pixie

Comment

hello peeps

well, few updates.....

having sent the letter off as per prev posts. It appears that Credit Security Limited as bought the debt. received a nice letter stating that unless a valid reason for non payment i should pay the full amount within 7 days... all £9000+ of it......

have ignored for now, see what they say next.

BUT!

Have got a letter today from our car loan provider (who we never defaulted or token paid etc, the car was needed for DH's work..

anyway, the letter says that apparently a third party has requested the settlement figure with our permisson & they have faxed the figures over to them!

WTF! would it be the same company? i cant ring them as they are closed til monday. has anyone experienced/heard the same??

the car is needed for work, trust me, if it was reachable by any other means id gladly get rid.

im really really worried. any advice?

Comment

well hello my lovlies

cant believe i last posted 18/11/11. Mum's still in hosp, has been home for the odd few days but ended up back in, they are just far too keen to discharge everyone now whether they are ready or notl, has been a strange christmas/newyear, certainly not nice for her being in there anyway, tried to do what we could. I took her a mini tree etc. fingers crossed she's home soon.

just an update since then, no further contact from credit security, car thing was just a silly salesman putting our reg in to try get a new deal to entice us into part exchanging! as if!!

Comment

How's things going here ?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
                            How's things going here ?
                            Hello,

Lots of change. I'm separated from my husband, getting ready to apply for the divorce. I lost my wonderful mum earlier this year. So tbh, still numb.

Debt wise...

We're paying off what we can. Ccj still on house so when we sell that'll cover te loan. Natwest have tried a few other dca's but just ignoring & they've petered out.

Sorry for the brief reply. Am worn out & still heartbroken over mum. My ex.... Not so much... I'm stronger without him & it's good to not have to worry about what his coping strategy for his depression will be next..... Another online affair..... Meeting people behind my back. Least I know that no random amounts of money will disappear from our accounts now either.

Thank you for asking for an update. Xx

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Mum pebbles

Sounds like you're definitely better off without your husband...once the trust has gone it's very hard to get it back.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Sorry about your Mum xx

Comment

Working...
                                X