GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Pebbles88 UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pebbles88 UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pebbles88 UE Diary

Send this > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
    None of these letter's you send admit the debt
    Originally posted by pebbles88 View Post
    hello my lovlies...

well well well

nelson guest & partners solicitors has wrote again.... still acting on behalf on westcot,

states that whilst westcot are still willing to consider realistic options for repayment based on our circumstances, this matter cannot remain outstanding any longer. Unless full payment is made to westcot, or a suitable replayment plan agreed, within 10 days of this letter, further recovery activity will be undertaken.

its digitally signed, so a standard letter I know. I havent communicated with westcot since they first contacted me, nor have i communicated to nelson guest yet.

any advice on what my next step would be? as before I am wary of keeping replying to any letters on this as i dont want to keep admitting the debt, id prefer it to go stature barred!!
    Last edited by Deepie; 17 September 2011, 10:46.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
      Send this > Account Sold whilst in Dispute
      None of these letter's you send admit the debt

thank you In 2 Deep, will get it posted on monday , as have to print it at work, as have no ink left and not enough pennies til payday to get a new one!

Comment

hello

i have just gone to start my reply back to Nelson Guest, and am a bit flummoxed by something.....

there is an address for nelson guest.... but on the reverse of the letter, right at the bottom, there is a disclaimer... lots of blurb, we believe you have been offered all the info you need to settle this matter etc etc. it then states to resolve any queries to refer them to Westcot Credit Services....

I have already sent the above letter to westcot when they got shirty & started to threaten. SHould i send it again in reply to this solicitors letter? why are the wassocks getting nelsons to send a letter then putting that all queries need to go bk to westcots?

Comment

ah i see, on reading the full letter again, i can see it does say to contact westcot.....so same game, new outfit...

i will send the letter back to westcot.....

wonder what they will do if i don't answer....???

Comment

ah i see, on reading the full letter again, i can see it does say to contact westcot.....so same game, new outfit...

i will send the letter back to westcot.....

wonder what they will do if i don't answer....???
            Hiya

Noooo - ignore what they tell you! THEY wrote to you, so respond to them - NOT Wescot. Wescot will annoy you directly in due course, for the time being just send that to GPB or ignore it. Its up to you.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Hiya

Noooo - ignore what they tell you! THEY wrote to you, so respond to them - NOT Wescot. Wescot will annoy you directly in due course, for the time being just send that to GPB or ignore it. Its up to you.
              oops....got to this too late!

had already replied to westcot, with the letter as detailed above, just got reply yesterday from westcot.....

"we refer to your recent communication. Having contacted our client they have advised they issued a final response on 15/5/09 confirming that they had complied with your CCA request and full balance is due.

in the circumstances, we believe the dispute has now been resolved and the full balance or an agreed monthly instalment is required by return.

then just goes on to list payment method options.

if in the event you believe you still have a valid dispute, please contact us with the details within the next 14 days otherwise your account will be returned to our recovery team for collection"

heads fuzzy today, had an operation yestreday and struggling to think!

what/if/should i reply with? or just ignore?

OH has just lost his job, my wage doesnt cover all our bills, its the 20th anniversary of losing my father, huge disaster last wkend with my sis & overdose following her getting beaten by her slug/dog poo of a partner, mum not getting any better.

never rains but pours eh. sorry for the self pity, just could really do with a break from this, or something nice happening.

Comment

oops....got to this too late!

had already replied to westcot, with the letter as detailed above, just got reply yesterday from westcot.....

"we refer to your recent communication. Having contacted our client they have advised they issued a final response on 15/5/09 confirming that they had complied with your CCA request and full balance is due.

in the circumstances, we believe the dispute has now been resolved and the full balance or an agreed monthly instalment is required by return.

then just goes on to list payment method options.

if in the event you believe you still have a valid dispute, please contact us with the details within the next 14 days otherwise your account will be returned to our recovery team for collection"

heads fuzzy today, had an operation yestreday and struggling to think!

what/if/should i reply with? or just ignore?

OH has just lost his job, my wage doesnt cover all our bills, its the 20th anniversary of losing my father, huge disaster last wkend with my sis & overdose following her getting beaten by her slug/dog poo of a partner, mum not getting any better.

never rains but pours eh. sorry for the self pity, just could really do with a break from this, or something nice happening.
                Just ignore that for now.
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Just ignore that for now.
                  okies, will do. Thanks for replying so quickly!

Comment

hello guys,

i need some help with a letter. short story. we have a halifax overdraft that we have been in for a while, all been ok with it so far, have been paying in a certain amount, then transferring it back out to our new accounts just to keep the o/d facility there. we do accrue some interest on it, but has been manageable and whilst we have been concentrating on the other debts, we have let it be.

however now with OH losing his work, we cant continue as we are. So i want to write to the bank to ask them to freeze the overdraft, and hopefully, be good enough to freeze charges too so that we can pay an amount each month to reduce the balance.

is there a template one on here? Have had a look, but not found any so far.

hope to hear soon, thanks

Comment

hello guys,

i need some help with a letter. short story. we have a halifax overdraft that we have been in for a while, all been ok with it so far, have been paying in a certain amount, then transferring it back out to our new accounts just to keep the o/d facility there. we do accrue some interest on it, but has been manageable and whilst we have been concentrating on the other debts, we have let it be.

however now with OH losing his work, we cant continue as we are. So i want to write to the bank to ask them to freeze the overdraft, and hopefully, be good enough to freeze charges too so that we can pay an amount each month to reduce the balance.

is there a template one on here? Have had a look, but not found any so far.

hope to hear soon, thanks
                      Usually for freezing interest you can send templates, yes - but the actual specifics of freezing the OD and using it like a payment plan thing is specific so you need to do that.... However I would go with something along the lines of:
                      Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to my personal overdraft attached to my current account, however due to my partner losing his job it's now impossible for me to clear the overdraft and I wonder if you are prepared to assist by way of freezing all charges for a few months, whilst we get back on our feet?

In view of these circumstances, please would you agree to accept a reduced offer of £xx.xx per month. If interest or other charges are being added to the account I would be grateful if you would freeze these so that all payments made will reduce what I owe. Should my circumstances improve I will contact you again. In the meantime, I'd appreciate it if you could send me a paying-in book / standing order form to make it easier to pay you.

Thank you for your assistance, I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Templates for general debt and the likes, are found here: ---> Templates - General Debt

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll start with the one you outlined and go from there with them. fingers crossed, but not holding my breath with it. I know what barstools they have been over a lot less money!

Comment

Thanks Niddy, I'll start with the one you outlined and go from there with them. fingers crossed, but not holding my breath with it.!
                            See what happens, luckily as it's just an o/d you don't actually need to repay it, just fund the account to keep it live but yea, you will get charged the typical £1 per day from HFX. OR login and open a secondary account (the classic current account) which has a different charging structure for overdrafts......

Their charges are slightly different now I think......

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              See what happens, luckily as it's just an o/d you don't actually need to repay it, just fund the account to keep it live but yea, you will get charged the typical £1 per day from HFX. OR login and open a secondary account (the classic current account) which has a different charging structure for overdrafts......

Their charges are slightly different now I think......

Good Luck

we dont have anything to fund the account with at the mo though, thats the worry, OH has a 2nd interview this week for a job, and he has told em he can start asap - so that might help.

Comment

You'll need to offer a fiver, or at least a pound even....? Anything is better than nothing......

See how you get on and what they say when you send that letter above

* Good luck with interview for OH

Comment

Working...
                                X