GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Eggie case and "Approved Limit" - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eggie case and "Approved Limit"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggie case and "Approved Limit"

I have been curious as to what would happen with the court case and had a hunt around to see what happened, partly because Eggie is one of the cards I have got, and partly curiosity as it seemed to be an odd point to base a court case on.
    Apparantly the judgement is unreported so will not set a precedent - not sure why but better brains than mine might be able to explain it!
    Eggie have said
    There is no requirement under the CCA to use a particular term or phrase when describing the amount of credit. The description of the credit limit complies with paragraph 8(b) of schedule 1 of the Agreement Regulations. This has been confirmed by the High Court in Alexandra Slater v Egg Banking plc (9 August 2010, high Court, Mold District Registry, unreported).
    I would have thought if it was good news that Egg would have wanted it to be shouted all over the place so why are they keeping it quiet?

Appologies if this is in the wrong place, but it seemed to relate to UE, feel free to move it if you feel fit
    When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Re: Eggie case and "Approved Limit"

Hiya

I'd rather keep the Egg fiasco away from here - can you please stick to the other forums if you want info in this. It is the bain of my life and totally irrelevant to the cause, point is fight as usual until otherwise told so it will be unenforceable until a court stands up and says "the wording approved limit is acceptable".

Part of the prescribed terms clearly stipluates the wording must be in the form "Credit Limit" or "Amount of Credit" - we do not use the word "approved" when speaking financial, in the UK. This is their US arm, trying to take over.

The high court approved limit case has not been judged yet anyway, you're speaking one isolated case - maybe it is private as they done an out of court settlement to avoid losing and/or an influx of similar court cases.

Anyway, this is something i'm not prepared to get into - its a waste of time. Please stick to the other forum, whereby there are plenty of people working on it - pointless gleaming data from cag to keep up to date here, whereby i'd sooner send people to CAG - like I did on MSE and BALWI.

Thanks

Niddy

---> See CAG here

---> See Legal Beagles here

The above links would answer anything you need to know. I notice PT has now left CAG? Interesting, wonder if he wants to come over here as well as Legal Weasels..... ;Sh

Thread locked.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X