CCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA

So after months of deliberation I have decided to go down this route. I have debts both pre and post 2007 that are still outstanding. Is it worth sending off for post 2007 agreements as I get the impression these are exempt. Also do I send to the original lender or to the DCA? Any advice, including how to sign any request to them and payment options will be greatly appreciated.

Re: CCA

Hi Scotty
    I think it is always worth finding out if any company has a valid CCA for any accounts, somtime there is a flaw in the details.
    as for signing the request, you can sign digitaly OR just sign with a squiggle, just not your normal siggy,

good luck in your journey
    NW xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Seconded Scotty good luck xx
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by scottygees View Post
        So after months of deliberation I have decided to go down this route. I have debts both pre and post 2007 that are still outstanding. Is it worth sending off for post 2007 agreements as I get the impression these are exempt. Also do I send to the original lender or to the DCA? Any advice, including how to sign any request to them and payment options will be greatly appreciated.
        Hi scottygees.if a DCA has purchased the alleged account then sent the cca request to them. if someone is chasing you on behalf of oc. Also send to them send recorded include £1 fee per request. the letters on the site are well worded thanks to NEVER IN DOUBT. i didnt sign any that i sent to the DCA peeps. cos the less you give them the better. You could also consider doing a SAR with the OC. That costs £10 will find the letter on this site as well. (the above is only my opinion on what to do) Take care and drink beer

Comment

Thanks everyone for your advice. I'll get cracking and post back here once I get any responses.Just one last thing regarding the signature will they give a reply without one and also is a digital signature just typing your name on the letter in a different font for example. Sorry for the questions but want to get this right.

Comment

It depends if they want to play games. I always signed mine with a digital handwriting font; the only times they refused this was with SAR requests. Don't forget to get proof of posting and attach to a copy of each letter - it's amazing how many times you forget which is which!

Comment

I found that my CCA requests were accepted and I only typed my name in a normal font like the rest of the letter, I enclosed the £1 postal orders and 2 were returned ( both PRA) and one kept it (Cabot) . I guess its just down to the individual company.

Comment

Working...
              X