GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard / Hoist CCS *** WON *** - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard / Hoist CCS *** WON ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard / Hoist CCS *** WON ***

Hello everyone, I'm new here and would really appreciate some guidance/advice!!

I've recently received a county court summons from HPH2 relating to a Barclaycard account. My apologies if this is in the wrong section

Here's the story:
    Account opened Sep 2008
    Defaulted July 2010 (according to my credit file, although notice of differs - see below)

Letters received:
    Jan 2010 Mercers Default notice served under CCA 1974 (or is it??)........make payment
    Jan 2010 Mercers Important notice..........instructing debt collector
    Feb 2010 Mercers Unable to accept my offer of a token payment (as advised by CCCS)
    Feb 2010 Mercers Immediate action needed..........instructing debt collector
    Jun 2010 Calder Formal demand for payment..........."not complied with default notice"
    Jun 2010 Credit Sol Important notice.................................."not complied with default notice"
    Jul 2010 Credit Sol Opportunity to save £££s........limited offer etc etc
    Aug 2010 Barclaycard Response to my SAR request.......basically copy statements
    Sep 2010 Credit Sol Offer of approx. £900 - 80% discount!!............didn't have money to pay it
    Nov 2010 Moorcroft Instructed by Barclaycard.......intended litigation
    Nov 2010 Moorcroft Notice of possible litigation

I then sent a letter to Barclaycard "Thank you for your response to my SAR request. To date you have not sent a true and signed copy of a CCA. Please send me a copy or confirm that you don't have one. If you no longer own the account please supply a true copy of any Notice of Assignment. I require this information within 14 days of this letter.

Dec 2010 Moorcroft Monthly instalment offer.......£120
    Dec 2010 Barclaycard Acknowledging receipt of my letter..........dealing with request and will respond ASAP
    Dec 2010 Midas Legal Litigation warning
    Dec 2010 Moorcroft Discount offer (no figure)
    Mar 2011 Moorcroft 70% of the balance offer
    May 2011 Barclaycard Confirming account was assigned and transferred to MKDP LLP 21/03/2011
    Jun 2011 Barclaycard Same letter as above and included some unsigned 'Barclaycard Conditions' photocopy
    Jun 2011 Barclaycard Response to my agreement request......and included some unsigned 'Barclaycard Conditions' photocopy
    Jul 2011 MKRR Final notice........instructing Chilvers and Strachan in 14 days

I sent MKRR a letter explaining my forced salary reduction at the time and I&E detail. My expenditure was far more than my income - I offered £500 for full settlement - no reply

Oct 2013 MKDP Asking for I&E details
    Nov 2013 MKDP Seasons greetings!!.........prize draw offer!!
    Dec 2013 MKRR Correspondence about an £8 per month plan........think I paid one instalment
    Jan 2014 MKRR Last agreed payment not received
    Feb 2014 MKRR As above
    Mar 21014 MKRR As above
    Nov 2014 MKDP Confirmation of my home address via credit reference agencies
    May 2015 MKDP Statement of account
    Oct 2015 HPH2 Notice of Assignment.......MKDP LLP has assigned all rights etc to HPH2. Instructing Robinson Way
    Oct 2015 Rob Way Payment options
    Oct 2015 HPH2 NO MINIMUM PAYMENT REQUIRED!! Average monthly plan £17.04
    Nov 2015 HPH2 "What are you able to pay?"
    Nov 2015 HPH2 Please contact us
    Jan 2016 H.Cohen Notice of pending legal action
    Jan 2016 HPH2 Notification of a change to your financial circumstances.......they think I've paid something off???
    Jan 2016 HPH2 Notification of improved credit status (don't think so!!!)

Then the most bizarre letter from HPH2, Feb 2016 "Our client notes that no payments have been received under the County Court Judgement order for some time" - news to me!!!

Apr 2016 HPH2 Notification of a change to your financial circumstances
    May 2016 CCS from HPH with around £2300 of interest and fees added to the balance!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Barclaycard / Hoist CCS

Hi Sword, welcome to AAD,, Im sorry to hear that you have received a claim. We have a very successful legal team. To start the process, can you please post details of your claim in this section http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...Legal-Services and send an unedited copy of your claim form to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. You will then receive guidance on what to do and send.
    Good luck.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Opened in 2008? Is that correct?

However the DN is bad. We know that as Mercers can't issue it. I'll await your email with the N1 claim attached.

Please don't blank it out.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
        Hi Sword, welcome to AAD,, Im sorry to hear that you have received a claim. We have a very successful legal team. To start the process, can you please post details of your claim in this section http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...Legal-Services and send an unedited copy of your claim form to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk. You will then receive guidance on what to do and send.
        Good luck.
        Done that. Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Opened in 2008? Is that correct?

However the DN is bad. We know that as Mercers can't issue it. I'll await your email with the N1 claim attached.

Please don't blank it out.
          Yes according to the statements and my credit file, Sep 2008

Is the N1 the front page of the County Court Claim?
          Last edited by Sword; 8 June 2016, 07:41. Reason: error

Comment

Yes, N1 is the front page.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Best to send copies of everything (all pages) you have had and submitted reference the Claim. Separately copies of key docs CCA, DN, NOA that you have had. You will need this anyway.
              Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                Yes, N1 is the front page.
                I've sent a copy of the N1

Comment

Thanks I've got it. I'll reply via email in due course. Bear with me.

Did you file the AoS as its dated 17 May so you might be too late if not.....
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    Thanks I've got it. I'll reply via email in due course. Bear with me.

Did you file the AoS as its dated 17 May so you might be too late if not.....
                    Yes I filed it, no defence done yet

Comment

Just popping in to say hi, you've found the best site and will get some great help and support here.

Good luck!

Comment

welcome aboard, may your journey with us be a pleasent one xx

Comment

Just for information.

Got a nice letter from Barclays, which states we accept that the Mercers pre 2012 default notices had error`s in them.

But we are confidant that the rest of the information on the default notices meets the statutory requirements.

Tigs

Comment

Interesting.......What prompted that response from Barclaycard?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X