GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Stuckinarut UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuckinarut UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
    I have just realised, Cabot have not been in contact since june, they must of fallen out with me for some reason
    Absence makes the heart grow founder!!!

Comment

• Maybe they are waiting until they need donations for their Christmas party.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Hi cymruambyth. yep posties all over the country will be gearing up for Cabots christmas bonus

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckinarut View Post
          Hi cymruambyth. yep posties all over the country will be gearing up for Cabots christmas bonus
          They will be very disappointed then as no funds being offered to them!
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re:Hi Guys not sure where to post my question (newbie hope its in the right place)

Wifes
            Halifax credit card started 28/3/2002
            approx balance £10976
            last fulll payment june 2008/then DMP till Aug 2012/ then debt settlement /ended 4/3/2016Default dropped off. assigned to cabot. assignment printed by them/ same envelope
            not paying at the mo. all quiet so far
            Letter dated 23/5/16. received 30/5/16. Letter states current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
            Dear mrs blah.
            An alternative solution for your account. we would like to give you the opportunity to be free of this account. so we have come up with an alternative solution for you.WHAT YOU OWE. WHAT YOU COULD PAY. AMOUNT SAVED. = 70% DISCOUNT.
            we do want whats best for you. so if you want to take us up on this offer we need to make sure that all your priority bills are up to date.we could also be flexible with how you pay this amount. Dependent on your situation GET IN TOUCH. blah blah
            Deborah green.

cleverly worded ignore for now. date file ignore
            Letter current creditor cabot financial uk ltd dated 4/6/16
            Dear mrs blah
            YOUR ACCOUNT.
            we haven't received your last payment from your debt management company. we have tried to contact them but they have not responded. so we decided to get in touch with you.
            WHAT CAN YOU DO.
            If you are still using the same debt management company we recommend contacting them to find out what is happening.
            we would like to let you know the other options out there. stepchange etc etc
            Deborah green.

she forgot to mention this wonderful website and forum. date file ignore
            Letter current creditor cabot Financial uk ltd. dated 19/6/16
            Dear mrs Blah
            LETS WORK TOGETHER.
            Dont let debt hang over you we can talk you through our different options and find a solution that suits you
            set up a monthly payment plan
            see if you can get a discount on your account and make a one off payment.
            even if you think you cant pay we'd still like to talk to you. by understanding your situation we can guide you towards help. we help thousands of customers every month.
            CONTACT US. blah blah
            Deborah green

Very keen for a chat is dishy Debs. think we will pass on the phone calls tho. date file ignore
            Letter current creditor cabot Financial uk ltd. dated 19/7/16.
            Dear mrs blah
            YOUR BALANCE IS WAITING TO BE PAID.
            We have been trying to reach you to discuss your account but we haven't been able to get in touch
            COULD I PAY LESS
            MONTHLY PLAN
            DISCOUNT
            Ask where to get help with your finances
            WHERE CAN I GET ADVISE
            blah blah.
            How can i contact you blah blah
            Deborah green

Could i pay less? does she mean less than the current zilch. date file ignore

SENT CCA REQUEST 30/7/16 ROYAL MAIL RECORDED

Letter dated 31/7/16
            Statement of account ref blah blah
            LENDER CABOT FINANCIAL EUROPE LTD.

They seem to have SWITCHED LENDERS. from cabot financial uk ltd date file ignore

LETTER DATED 9/8/16 CABOT FINANCIAL
            Dear Mrs Blah
            Halifax cc ref - - - - -
            Bank of scotland loan - - - -
            Thank you for your requests for information under section 77-79 consumer credit act 1974. we currently do not have this information on file.
            However i have requested the relevant details which will include a copy of the credit agreement statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lenders.
            WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
            I acknowledge the 12 day time limit to provide this information before the account becomes unenforceable however as we have to request the details from the original lender i anticipate that we will be able to provide this within 40 days. in the unlikely event we are unable to obtain this information within these time limits we will write to you again. if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us
            your sincerely
            Kayleigh Fisher customer support consultant

Looks like they are saving on the postage combining a cc and personal loan on the same letter

Letter cabot dated 14/10/16 received 21/10/16.
            Dear mrs blah
            Halifax cc - - - -
            Bank of scotland loan - - - - -
            Thank you for your letter received in our office dated 1/8/16. My name is kathycakebread i am the consultant that has further investigated your concerns and i hope to help you now by providing a resolution to this matter.
            YOUR REQUEST FOR INFORMATION UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT
            Unfortunately we have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period
            WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
            We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with with your request. in the meantime we would like to inform you that your accounts shall remain on hold with the customer care department until such time we can comply with your request
            YOUR ACCOUNTS
            Your credit agreements are currently unenforceable which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court. However you are obliged to repay the outstanding balance's as confirmed in this letter and therefore we recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set up a repayment arrangement.
            INDEPENDENT ADVISE AND FINANCIAL DIFFICULTIES. blah blah

Well kathy we recommend no contact for at least the next 5years
            All quiet so

Letter dated 12/4/2018 Received 16/4/2018 CABOT FINANCIAL (credit card)
            Dear Mrs Blah information under the consumer credit Act 1974
            please find enclosed all of the relevant information following your request for information under section (77-78) of the consumer credit Act 1974. in the event that we have provided a reconstituted true copy or your credit agreement for the avoidance of doubt this complies with the consumer credit (cancelation Notices and copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 and therefore complies with the obligations set out in section 77-78 of the consumer Credit Act 1974.
            What happens next?
            we consider that the agreement is now enforceable and therefore we are entitled to obtain a county court judgment against you. However we would prefer that you work with us to set up a repayment plan to settle your outstanding balance.
            the status of your account blah blah please make contact with our customer operations department as soon as possible to discuss the options available for this account

well its only taken them 19months 2 weeks approx. to come up with this they also enclosed a statement of account of the payments they received from the now defunk Debt management company (settle my debt) what they sent was 7 double sided pages of what can only be described as generic terms and conditions etc. had the wifes name and address alongside Halifax. However no signature of any kind I think they are just taking a punt here?

Sent off to Niddy
            Niddy saysMpt letter when required

Letter dated 21/4/2018. Received 26/4/2018 CURRENT CREDITOR CABOT FINANCIAL UK LTD.
            Dear Mrs Blah
            YOUR ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ON HOLD.
            We agreed to put a hold on your account due to your situation.That time period has come to an end and we would like to hear from you so we can have an update on your situation.
            our customer consultants will take the time to listen to you and discuss the options available for you
            GET IN TOUCH.
            call us on blah
            yours sincerely
            Deborah Green

well dishy debs its still on hold at the mo.date file ignore.
            gona hold the MPT till they get shirty

Letter dated 22/6/2018 Received 27/6/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
            Dear Mrs Blah YOUR BALANCE IS WAITING TO BE PAID.

Thanks for paying in the past blah blah.
            WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. monthly plan smaller lump sum blah blah.
            we help thousands of satisfied customers every month blah blah
            CALL US.
            gona pass on that one debs dont fancy a chat at the mo
            Date file ignore

Letter Dated 10/7/2018 Received (not sure came back from hols 14/7/2018)current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
            Dear mrs blah.
            YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEW PLAN.
            You need to call us to make a new plan
            yep you sure do need an admission. blah blah blah
            It is important that you speak with us
            yep must be important. We will never ask you to pay more than you can afford. we understand about food bills and other essentials never ask you to pay more than you can afford? thank goodness for that. for a mo i thought they wanted money. Call us on blah. no thanks busy at the mo. Date file ignore

Letter dated 27/7/2018. Received 30/7/2018 Current creditor. Cabot Financial UK Ltd
            Dear Mrs Blah
            working within your budget. we understand you may have other priorities etc etc etc
            There are other options PAY IN FULL MONTHLY REPAYMENT PLAN. DISCOUNT
            GET IN TOUCH
            We can"t help you if you dont talk to us blah blah blah
            no thanks debs cheers for the thought tho
            Letter Dated 21/8/2018 Received 25/8/2018 current creditor Cabot Financial uk ltd
            Dear Mrs Blah.
            Tell us your budget, save £50
            save £50 on your account when you update us with your current situation and start repaying.
            All you need to do is fill out a budget form etc etc blah blah. Discuss whats comfortable for you blah blah.
            CALL US. YOU HAVE 4 weeks to claim this offer. customer consultants waiting to help blah blah

Well whoopee doo. Date file ignore

Letter dated 5/10/2018. Received 10/10/2018.current creditor cabot financial uk ltd.
            Dear Mrs Blah. A new approach.
            we are hoping a new approach could help you be free of this debt. blah blah blah
            our goal is to understand what will work best for you, and we will always ensure that what we agree is affordable for you.
            Talk to us.

Please Talk to us. no thanks Date file ignore
            Letter dated 4/11/2018. received 9/11/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
            Dear Mrs Blah. How we can help. we help thousands of customers every month blah blah. and we would like to help you
            our customer (illustrative purposes only) solution 1 pay xxx clear this account within 2 years. solution 2 pay xxx clear this account within 5 years. TALK TO US.
            seems they forgot solution 3. Date file ignore.
            Letter Dated 4/12/2018. Received 7/12/2018. Current Creditor Cabot Financial UK Ltd
            Dear Mrs Blah YOUR ACCOUNT. As we have not been successful in finding an appropriate solution, we are considering sending your account to an external Debt collection company. and urge you to contact us within the next fourteen days. is there any thing else we can help you with blah blah blah.
            Please contact us as soon as possible as your account could be sent to an external Debt collection company.
            Contacting Cabot blah blah
            Yours Sincerely
            Dishy Debs.

Oh no not an external Debt collection company? maybe maybe not. Date file ignore

Letter dated 23/6/2019. Received 28/6/2019. does not state current creditor. just cabot financial. small print at the bottom refers to cabot financial Europe ltd. (no mention of cabot financial uk ltd)
            Dear mrs blah. despite repeated attempts to contact you blah blah blah.
            The balance is due and we have advised you of several options blah blah blah. you can manage by paying monthly reduced balance over several months blah blah. whilst no payments are made your balance wont go down. (Honest)
            if you start making payments your balance will reduce. (really) TALK TO US. (PRETTY PLEASE).
            if we dont hear from you we will continue to contact you. so we can help you blah blah. head of internal operations

Date file ignore. must be working through a new set of templates
            Letter dated 23/7/2019. Received 26/7/2019.headed cabot Financial
            Dear Mrs Blah. Setting up a payment plan.we're waiting to hear from you to discuss your account. We're pretty flexible about how you repay blah blah blah we have thousands of customers who find it easier to make monthly payments blah blah blah. Take the next step -contact us
            (you wish)
            Call us Go online.
            yours sincerely
            stephen shaw Head of internal operations

Date file ignore
            Letter dated 23/8/2019. Received 29/8/2019 Headed Cabot Financial.
            Dear Mrs Blah. we are still waiting to hear from you to discuss your account. we want to find the right solution for you so we want to let you know your options (Three options) setting up a plan is simple blah blah.
            yours sincerely
            stephen shaw
            Head of internal operations.

Cheers Stephen think i will just stay with option 4 at the moment. MPT Letter still on hold. date file ignore

Letter dated 8/10/2019. Received 11/10/2019. Headed Cabot Financial.
            Dear Mrs Blah. get back on track with a payment plan. Thank you for paying in the past, we appreciate you have tried to repay, so far you have repaid Blah. you still have Blah on your account that needs to be paid.
            we have over 900.000 customers paying us every month, let us find a plan that works for you to.
            struggling to make payments? no problem. Blah blah blah and more blah. Take the next step.
            OK Next step date file ignore. oops red vanished. not to fuss tho
            Letter Dated 26/10/2019. Received 1/11/2019.(Cabot Financial)
            You need to make a new payment plan. Thank you for your previous payments, you need to call us to set up a new plan for your account. you have repaid £ blah already. which is a great start! we would like to help you find a repayment plan which works for you. Even if you think you cant pay, we can discuss what the best way forward is for you

Date file ignore (best way forward)
            Letter dated 12/11/2019. Received 15/11/2019 Cabot Financial
            Build a plan around your budget. you've repaid £blah already. clearly something went wrong last time so we want to make sure your new plan is affordable for you.
            we can talk about your budget and help you work out how much you can afford to pay blah blah blah. 10,000 customers pay every month, so we know they work. if you prefer you call call us to discuss what discount options might be available for you. GET IN TOUCH TO GET STARTED.
            XXXX Head of internal Operations
            Date file ignore. the customer base seems to have went down somewhat? only 10.000 paying customers per month(must be a struggle)
            Letter dated 1/12/2019. Received 5/12/2019, Cabot Financial
            What's happening next...
            we have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so that we can understand your situation etc etc
            we are going to instruct a company called Resolvecall to visit you blah blah
            wait on resolvecall getting in touch
            Letter Dated 12/12/2019. Received 16/12/2019. Resolvecall.
            Dear Mrs blah been instructed by Cabot Financial (Europe Ltd)
            To help you reconnect with our client blah blah phone us within seven days. Or we will arrange a home visit. blah blah.

Doorstep letter will be sent of tommorow. (17th).

Good Evening everyone. just after a couple of opinions if thats ok. Still holding the MPT Letter on this one.(Niddy said at the time send it if they push) Now that Resolvecall is going to pop round for a cuppa. Is it best to send it after they have been? or still hold. Opinions appreciated thanks in advance

Comment

Good Evening everyone. just after a couple of opinions if thats ok. Still holding the MPT Letter on this one.(Niddy said at the time send it if they push) Now that Resolvecall is going to pop round for a cuppa. Is it best to send it after they have been? or still hold. Opinions appreciated thanks in advance
              The current thinking is to NOT warn them by sending MPT letters. We don't want them correcting errors!!!
              The Doorstep Letter is fine as well as politely refusing doorstep visits! You can always use your MOB to record any conversation for instance, by saying excuse me before talking to you if I record what you are saying and my polite response, please leave I have nothing to say!
              Last edited by Roger; 17 December 2019, 14:14.

Comment

Still holding the MPT Letter on this one.(Niddy said at the time send it if they push) Now that Resolvecall is going to pop round for a cuppa. Is it best to send it after they have been? or still hold.

From what you say the 'credit agreement' you were sent has been deemed unenforceable by Niddy. Long may that last. If you send the MPT template letter you may encourage them to try harder (as Roger has said) so I wouldn't do that.

I've noticed that this debt is currently owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who are not authorised by the FCA which gives you another potential legal argument if they do decide to issue proceedings.

Jo explains it here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                The Cabot group of companies have issues with their assignment process and documentation, as was shown in our recent cases of MFS Portfolio V Phelan & West. We won this case at appeal, following days of argument and counter argument. Part of the judgment confirmed our position both on assignment and that personal account overdrafts are subject to the regulatory framework of the Consumer Credit Act, including S.78 CCA 1974.

The judgment, however, was not all in our favour. The Circuit Judge ruled in favour of MFS Portfolio on a point relating to the use of servicing agents to avoid authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority under the para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing exemption which we believed to be wrong. However, as we had won the appeal for our client, we were unable to appeal this judgment to the Court of Appeal.

We did however 2 months later obtain another Circuit Judge decision in the Idem Capital Securities Limited case that debt purchasers who are not authorised cannot issue proceedings in the county court regardless of whether there is a para 55 FSMA 2000 servicing agreement in place. Idem did not appeal the judgment.

We currently have other cases going through the courts, which will hopefully obtain binding decisions both on lack of authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority and other issues too.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Roger View Post

The current thinking is to NOT warn them by sending MPT letters. We don't want them correcting errors!!!
                  The Doorstep Letter is fine as well as politely refusing doorstep visits! You can always use your MOB to record any conversation for instance, by saying excuse me before talking to you if I record what you are saying and my polite response, please leave I have nothing to say!
                  Thanks for your reply Roger. (makes sense really NOT to send one after a little thought) don't want them to dig to deep. Cheers Roger much appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

From what you say the 'credit agreement' you were sent has been deemed unenforceable by Niddy. Long may that last. If you send the MPT template letter you may encourage them to try harder (as Roger has said) so I wouldn't do that.

I've noticed that this debt is currently owned by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd who are not authorised by the FCA which gives you another potential legal argument if they do decide to issue proceedings.

Jo explains it here >

Di
                    Thanks Diana your input is always much appreciated

Comment

Re: Hi guys not sure where to post my question {newbie} hope its in the correct place.

Bank of Scotland current account.opened 27/12/2001
                      approx balance £2012
                      last full payment June 2008 then Dmp till 2012 then debt settlement plan till 4/3/2016. no payments at the mo
                      status was on AP WITH BOS.
                      sold to Cabot 11/12/2012 defaulted by them.back dated to 2010? all quiet so far
                      Letter dated 23/5/16 Received 30/5/16.Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd. An alternative solution for your account. we would like to give you the opportunity to be free of this account. with an alternative solution for you.We can help you be free of this debt. what you owe. what you could pay. amount saved. we do want whats best for you so if you want to take us up on this offer we need to be sure you are up to date with your priority bills. CALL US.

Well Debs help me be free Don't bother with it. Date file ignore.Discount =40% (fat chance) call us to discuss your situation then sorry you wont qualify

Letter Dated 4/6/16. Received 10/6/16.Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd. YOUR ACCOUNT.We haven't received your last payment from your debt management company. we've been trying to get in contact with them but they haven't responded so we have decided to get in touch with you. blah blah blah

Haven't received your last payment? (no shit Sherlock)

Letter Dated 19/6/16. Received. 25/6/16.Current creditor Cabot Financial. uk Ltd LETS WORK TOGETHER. Set up a monthly payment plan. See if you can get a DISCOUNT on your account and make a one off payment. CONTACT US. by understanding your situation we can guide you towards help.

cheers for the offer Debs. ((but i already have help thanks). date file ignore

Letter dated 19/7/16. Received. 25/7/16. Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd. COULD I PAY LESS. blah blah WHERE CAN I GET ADVISE. blah blah
                      Yep i could pay zilch. And plenty advise here. date file ignore

sent first o/d letter recorded 30/7/16 then away for 2 weeks
                      Letter dated 9/8/16. not sure when received cos was away. Thank you for your letter blah blah blah. i am sorry you have concerns about the lending of this account. blah blah. Further to this your comments regarding annual reminders copies of agreements and an annual renewal form should all have been done by bank of Scotland. Cabot cannot be held accountable for this . i enclose details for bank of Scotland so YOU can contact them. i will hold your account for 21 days to give you Time then no option but to return to collection process.Amy Notley
                      well sure thing Amy. return away. second o/d letter shortley

second o/d letter sent recorded 25/8/16.

Letter dated 2/9/16/Received 8/9/16.Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd YOUR BALANCE IS WAITING TO BE PAID. WHERE TO GO FROM HERE. dont let debt hang over you set up payment plan. Accept smaller lump sum payment and CONSIDER writing off the remaining balance.

payment plan NO. consider writing off the remaining balance? well well must say you are all heart Debs. (been returned to Deborah green) date file ignore

Letter dated 11/10/16. Received 18/10/16Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd . TAKE POSITIVE STEPS TO REPAYING. pay in full. monthly repayment plan. Discount. TALK TO US.

talk to us? Eh NO THANKS. date file ignore

Letter dated 31/10/16. Received 9/11/16. ANNUAL SUMMARY OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
                      CHEERS for that guys. interesting stuff. wasn't to sure when the last payment was made due to the DMP peeps a bit lax with statements etc. but now i know the last payment received by them was 14/3/16.(chuckle)
                      Letter dated 6/11/16. received 11/11/16 Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd. What we can do for you. we would like to hear from you. we'd like to help you clear your Account. HOW MUCH WILL YOU HAVE TO PAY? we have enclosed an income expenditure form for you to complete and return. you could also do this over the phone. if you would rather be free of this debt quickly then we can offer you a discount on your account. TALK TO US.

No thanks Debs kind offer tho. date file ignore
                      Letter dated 7/12/16. received 10/12/16. current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd.
                      Tell us your Budget save £50
                      we want to help you positively on your journey to repaying this account once you start paying back your account we will reduce your balance by £50 All you need to do is call us and fill out a budget form. we will make sure you can afford important bills like food and rent. then work out what spare money you have blah blah
                      CALL US

£50 off WOW Fantastic offer guys thanks a bunch cant wait to pick up the phone (for a take away)

Letter dated 24/2/17 received 1/3/17.Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd NEXT STEPS. We have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so that we can understand your financial .situation. cos we have been unable to contact you we are going to instruct a company called MOORCROFT. to try and arrange a home visit to put you back in touch with us. if you would rather speak direct with us call us within the next seven days. we look forward to hearing from you.

Doorstep letter sent to cabot sent recorded on Friday 3rd march. was gona do it Thursday but no ink in the printer so had to wait till Friday wait and see
                      what comes

Letter dated 6/4/17. received 8/4/17. MOORCROFT. our client Cabot has informed us despite numerous attempts they have been unable to contact you. they have therefore passed your account to us for collection this may include a home visit etc blah blah. or you can call us on blah blah.
                      Doorstep letter sent to MOORCROFT. SENT RECORDED. 10/4/17. wait and see

Letter from MOORCROFT. dated 13/4/17. received 18/4/17. thank you for your commuication we can confirm we are an appointed debt recovery company. And our contact is legitimate reason in line with our clients instruction. the time of any visit would be confirmed. and if the customer is not available at the time of the reconnection visit the letter will be posted. however we wish to prevent such a visit and we provide our full contact details. we will hold recovery action our client has requested for 14 days till 27/4/17 to await your contact
                      Gona have a long wait then guys.These guys surely dont know what an invitation means. ha ha looks like they are gona invite themselves.{phees letter to hand}
                      27/4/17. MOORCROFT. Telephone call lunchtime.
                      Well that was quick. the deadline to contact them was 27/4/17. still plenty time to ignore them before there deadline expired. like a greyhound out of a trap these guys.cant even wait on there own deadline to expire. Blocked the number they used. just wait on charlie chuckle brother to knock the door now{hope i am in if he does}
                      Moorcroft phone call 3/5/17.
                      Moorcroft phone call 6/5/17 1.59pm zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 9/5/17 lunchtime zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 10/5/17 lunchtime zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 12/5/17 3.02pm. zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 16/5/17 10.52am zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 17/5/17 lunchtime zapped by blocker
                      Moorcroft phone call 18/5/17 9.25am
                      Moorcroft phone call 19/5/17 9.21am zapped by blocker

They should at least try a new number? still got loads of room on the blocker.
                      Moorcroft phone call 22/5/17 lunchtime.left what sounded like an automated msg asking to phone them (fat chance)
                      Well at long last they used another number. now blocked as well
                      Moorcroft letter dated 10/7/17. received between 12th/16th. (was away a few days) If you set up a plan to pay £50 a month you will be free of this debt in a few months. However we are flexible you can pay more or less depending on your circumstances CONTACT US TO AVOID FURTHER DEBT COLLECTION ACTIVITY. BY RECEIVING FURTHER LETTERS AND PHONE CALLS.
                      No thanks guys. date file ignore
                      Letter from cabot dated 19/8/17 received 26/8/17Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd zone b Accept a smaller lump sum
                      your account was being managed by an agent of ours. We have decided we would like to work with you directly and have asked them to return it to us.
                      we know you have previously made payments to our agents. And we want to support you by helping you set up a personal payment plan. A NEW PLAN BUILT FOR YOU. we specialise in flexible payment plans built around our customers. WE CAN TALK TO MAKE SURE ITS AFFORDABLE.

Well Well just loving the support Debs. i have never paid any of there agents. as well they know. the personal payment plan in place at the moment is the affordable one( zilch) think i will stay with this one
                      date file ignore

Letter dated 9/9/17/ received 15/9/17.Current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd (zone b)
                      WELCOME BACK TO CABOT. your account has been returned to us and we are still waiting to hear from you we know you previously made payment on this account with our agents and would like to help you on to one of our special payment plans.
                      A NEW PLAN BUILT FOR YOU.talk about different options. pay monthly.BUT we can offer you a discount to settle. DEPENDING on your circumstances. we want to help. take control of your account. call us.

well at the moment i am in control Debs.thanks for the generous offer tho. much obliged. date file ignore
                      Letter dated 11/10/17 received 17/10/17 current creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd
                      thank you for paying in the past. we appreciate that you tried to pay your account. you still have 2k plus to pay.
                      WHERE TO GO FROM HERE.
                      dont let debt hang over you .set up a monthly plan. accept a smaller lump sum and CONSIDER. WRITING OFF THE REMAINING BALANCE.
                      inform you where you can find additional help CALL US

Devious words ha ha we appreciate you tried to repay your account (here was me thinking it was there account since THEY bought it for pennies) accept a smaller lump sum and CONSIDER writing off the balance. well consider it written off Debs
                      Letter dated 29/10/17. received 2/11/17.Current Creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd
                      YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEW PLAN. you need to call us to make a new plan for your account. if you let us know your budget we can help you work out a repayment plan. there may be a very good reason why you could not continue with your previous plan.it is important that you speak with us so that we can restart your plan. Call us.

Quite happy with my plan at the moment Debs. and yep i bet it is important that i call you. (said the spider to the fly) so gona pass on that one all the same. date file ignore
                      Letter dated 15/11/17. received 18/11/17 Current Creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd. WORKING WITHIN YOUR BUDGET. we understand you may have other priorities to deal with. But we can help you figure out how much money you have spare to begin paying off your account. once we have worked out how much you can afford to pay. we will talk to you about how you can start making payments to suit you. blah blah. we have included a budget form for you to complete and send back to us. with this we can help put together an affordable plan for you. THERE ARE OTHER OPTIONS. pay in full. monthly payment plan. Discount. GET IN TOUCH. we cant help you if you dont talk to us. WE NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON .our team will be trying contact you in the mean time
                      Yep no doubt your team will be trying there best to make contact (how else will they get there christmas bonus) not from me if i can help it Deborah Green.
                      date file ignore

Letter cabot dated 10/12/17. received 15/12/17 Current Creditor Cabot Financial uk Ltd
                      TELL US YOUR BUGDET (SAVE £50)
                      save £50 on your account with us when you update us with your current situation and start repaying. All you need to do is call us and fill out a budget form we will make sure you can afford important things like bills food rent etc then work out what spare money you have.
                      CALL US you have 4 weeks to claim this offer.

well looks like am gona get no more junk mail till Jan 18. ha ha superb (wot they like eh? had the £50 off offer before)

Letter dated 24/1/2018 Received 27/1/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                      Dear Mr Blah
                      A NEW APPROACH.
                      we are hoping a new approach could help you be free of this debt
                      you may have questions about who we are, how your account got to us, or what can be done to move forward with your account. we believe our team will be able to help. if you contact us, our consultants can help you understand what is happening with your account and they are experts in setting up repayment plans that fit your individual circumstances
                      our goal is to understand what will work best for you and we will always ensure that what we agree is affordable for you
                      TALK TO US
                      please call us on blah blah
                      we look forward to hearing from you soon
                      your sincerely Deborah green

NEW APPROACH. stop writing your consultants (waiting to turn the screw no doubt) yep debs i get it no need to help me understand. whats best for me? let me ponder. got it continue current arrangement =zilch talk to you eh no. date file ignore

Letter Dated 23/02/2018. Received 28/02/2018. current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                      Dear Mr Blah
                      HOW WE CAN HELP.we help thousands of customers each month blah blah
                      OUR CUSTOMER.
                      Balance Expenses Income Remaining Available
                      solution 1 blah blah
                      solution 2 blah blah
                      These solutions are for illustrative purposes only any solution we offer will be based on what you tell us about your financial situation.
                      TALK TO US. we understand that every customers situation is different blah blah blah
                      please call us on blah blah
                      yours sincerely
                      Deborah Green

Date File Ignore

Letter Dated 26/3/2018. Received 29/3/2018 Current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                      Dear Mr Blah. As we have not been successful in finding an appropriate solution. we are considering sending your account to an external debt collection company. and we urge you to contact us within 14 days.
                      is there anything else we can do to answer your questions or to help you with your account?
                      discount blah blah
                      monthly payment blah blah
                      CONTACTING CABOT. blah blah
                      Yes Debs you can help with the account by putting it aside for a few more years. she must have forgotten they already tried an external debt collector? oops another little problem with red turning grey

Letter dated 25/4/2018. received 28/4/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd

Dear Mr Blah
                      your balance of blah is waiting to be paid.You need to repay this amount there are different options for you to choose from.
                      PAY IN FULL
                      why should I pay in full? you can pay your account off completely over a few months, if this account is on your credit fileonce we have received your final payment we"ll update your credit file to satisfied.
                      Don't they know if on my credit file?
                      Discount offer
                      How much of a discount? it will depend on how much you can afford.
                      not much you can either make an offer yourself, or talk to us about your affordability first so we can offer you a discounted amount.
                      CAN I PAY THIS OFF OVER A FEW MONTHS? yes,if this is the right plan for you.
                      HOW WILL THIS AFFECT MY CREDIT FILE? if this account is on your credit file we will update your credit file to show partially-settled with the amount set to nil
                      sounds good go set it to nil this will show that the amount has been paid off but at a smaller amount.
                      MONTHLY REPAYMENT PLAN
                      How much will I have to pay?
                      complete a budget form and we will work out a plan based on what you have spare each month. we will never ask you to pay back more than you can afford.
                      CONTACT US.
                      Call on blah
                      yours Dishy Debs
                      Date file ignore

Letter dated 25/5/2018. Received 1/6/2018 current creditor cabot finacial uk ltd

Dear mr Blah your balance of blah is waiting to be paid. you need to repay this amount.
                      let me think.
                      Different payment options for you. pay in full. monthly payment plan. discount Debs then goes on about how rosie my credit file will look once it is partially settled etc. Not even visible on the file dropped off ages ago. contact us phone or e-mail but remember to include your ref number
                      yours sincerely Dishy debs.
                      Duplicate of previous letter date file ignore

Letter dated 5/9/2018. Received 8/9/2018. current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                      Dear Mr Blah. OUR OFFER TO YOU.
                      we understand that it can be difficult to clear your account in a short period of time blah blah blah.
                      we believe we understand debt. blah blah .
                      we will work with you to understand your situation blah blah blah.
                      we own your account and are prepared to reduce the balance in order for you to be free of this debt sooner.
                      subject to agreeing appropriate terms of repayment..if this is not suitable then you need to advise us of your proposal to clear your account. This account may affect your credit rating etc blah blah.
                      ha ha wot are they like eh. prepared to reduce the balance how kind
                      Next steps blah blah. yours Deborah green. No thanks debs. Date file ignore.

Letter dated 5/10/2018 .Received 10/10/2018. current creditor cabot Financial uk ltd.
                      Dear Mr Blah
                      We have not heard from you.
                      Really?
                      Despite repeated attempts to contact you, we have been unable to gain your commitment to repay your debt.
                      Next steps
                      The balance is due and we have advised you of several options that are available, all of which are an attempt to help you be free of this debt.
                      Well thats thoughtful cheers.
                      You can make monthly payments or make a proposal to clear your account at a reduced balance over several months
                      Reduced balance eh. sounds good to me. how about that.
                      Talk to us. please call us on blah.
                      if we dont hear from you we will continue to contact you, so that we can try and help you take steps towards being free of this debt
                      Yours etc Deborah green
                      Date file ignore

Letter From Cabot Financial (no date) Received 7/1/2019
                      cabot ref original lender blah blah
                      As we have been unable to reach agreement. we have passed your account to Debt managers services ltd
                      Debt managers services ltd will be in touch to help you set up an affordable payment plan blah blah
                      wait and see what comes next ha ha trouble with holding onto the red colour not to fuss tho
                      11/1/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services 9.56am (number already on the blocker)
                      15/1/2019
                      Automated call from Debt managers services (number blocked)
                      16/1/2019
                      Automated call from Debt managers services (number blocked
                      21/1/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services (zapped by blocker)
                      24/1/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services (zapped by blocker)

30/1/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services Left a msg to phone them. (quite important that I call them) number now blocked
                      Letter Dated 28/1/2019. Received 30/1/2019.
                      Envelope marked strictly private and confidential.
                      Our client cabot credit management.has written to you to advise that your outstanding account has been referred to us.
                      Please contact us so we can help you.

Date file ignore. (if they want to help they can pop round and put the bins out for me)
                      1/2/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services zapped by blocker
                      6/2/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services zapped by blocker
                      Letter Dated 12/2/2019.Debt managers services Ltd
                      our client cabot credit management has written to you to advise that your outstanding account has been referred to us.please contact us so that we can help you. you can either call us on blah or go to our website.

Or just ignore. Duplicate Letter file ignore
                      1/3/2019
                      Phone call from Debt managers services Ltd ocker zapped by blocker
                      6/3/2019.
                      Phone call from Debt managers services Ltd zapped by blocker
                      Letter Dated 6/3/2019 Received 8/3/2019 Debt managers services Ltd
                      we have tried to contact you to discuss your cabot credit management account blah blah.
                      in your local area 94% of customers rated their experience of dealing with us as good or excellant. GOOD FOR THEM.
                      If you can pay the outstanding balance you can do so by card OR phone for a payment arrangement.
                      you may not have responded to our previous contact due to an oversight . Now if you do not respond you are making an active choice.

No shit sherlock. Date file ignore
                      Letter dated 9/04/2019. Received 9/04/2019 Debt Managers Services Ltd.
                      Dear Mr Blah. Account Due To. Cabot credit management. Ref blah blah.
                      we would like to Advise you that your account qualifies for a significant discount. which if you are in a position to take advantage of this offer would be accepted as a FULL AND FINAL settlement on receipt of settlement payment cabot credit management will close the remaining balance and you will not be pursued any further for this account
                      Save a substantial sum of money if you can settle at a reduced balance.
                      Update your credit file as partially settled flag
                      Avoid further Debt recovery action.
                      If you would like to discuss the offer phone us on blah blah.

No thanks very kind offer tho guys (no figures mentioned) but at a guess the person on the other end of the phone would say (GOTCHA)
                      So just date file ignore.

Letter from cabot (Cabot Financial) no mention of current creditor Dated 30/6/2019. Received 5/7/2019
                      Whats happening next we have tried to contact you blah blah blah. We are going to instruct a company called Resolvecall to visit you at home blah blah blah You can still talk to us instead. (PRETTY PLEASE)

Date File ignore. wait on Resolvecall then pop off doorstep letter
                      Letter dated 26/7/2019 Received 31/7/2019. Resolvecall. (claiming to represent cabot Financial Europe Ltd)
                      The usual template type letter contact us immediately etc etc etc. EH No Thanks. File ignore pop off doorstep letter
                      Reply to doorstep letter dated 1st August 2019. got it on 8th (just back from a week away)
                      Template response dont need my permission etc etc Best to phone to avoid visit etc etc.

Ah well the guy that turns up will just have to do a quick about turn. ignore them till they get here
                      Letter. dated 2/10/2019. Received 5/10/2019. Welcome to Cabot.
                      The cabot credit management group owns your B O S.current account, we previously asked another company to manage this account on our behalf.in order to continue providing you with the best possible service we have returned your account to Cabot so we can help you directly.
                      Aw Thats nice.
                      call us blah blah blah. do it online blah blah
                      Yours sincerely
                      Paul Giggins
                      Head of Operations Strategy
                      Letter dated 23/10/2019 Received 26/10/2019. we are waiting for you to set up a plan.
                      you still have blah waiting to be paid, fortunately you have already taken the first step towards financial recovery by opening this letter and reading it.Let us tell you what you need to do next
                      Get in touch 55.000 customers talk to us each month.
                      Set up a plan online. at blah blah
                      Once you set up your plan we will contact you within a year for your review
                      We need to hear from you, if we dont we will continue to contact you.
                      yours sincereley

stephen shaw
                      head of internal operations.
                      Date File ignore
                      Letter dated 22/11/2019. Received. 27/11/2019 Cabot Financial
                      your overdue debt requires urgent action
                      you've been selected for legal action to commence by our solicitors. This is because you are not making payments to your account. it's important you understand the consequences are of not taking action now. if you continue to ignore this your account will be passed to our solicitors to obtain a judgement against you. blah blah blah. How can it affect me. blah blah .A judgement is avoidable it's time to take control All of this can be avoided by talking to us 27000 of our customers pay on time every month blah blah We do not want to take this action But you have to within one month. or this will happen.

Letter dated 7/12/2019. Received 9/12/2019 Headed Cabot
                      Enclosed are your statements that brings you up to date with your account.
                      Sent off cca request recorded 9/12/2019
                      Received and signed for on 12/12/2019. Await there Response

Letter Dated 13/12/2019 Received 20/12/2019. Cabot Financial
                      Dear Mr Blah. we have received your request.
                      Thank you for your request for information under sections 77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974, unfortunately we currently do not not have the relevant information on file, so we will be requesting a copy of the credit agreement and terms and conditions from your original lender.as well as a statement of your account,This may take some time, but we will write to you within the next 12 days with an update.

For information on what to expect from making a cca request there is further information on the National debtline website on their credit agreements getting information factsheet.
                      you still have an outstanding balance of blah blah and you do not have a repayment plan in place with us. We would like to discuss the available options with you blah blah. Even if we are unable to supply your paperwork this account will remain on your credit file for 6yrs. your cca request is being handled by a member of our customer care team, they will mail you the information you have requested once we have it
                      yours etc blah blah

Well looks like Joanna and her team and all the hard work they have done in the courts has paid off regarding cca for overdraughts. Hope it takes them a long time indeed before they get back regarding this.

Comment

Well looks like Joanna and her team and all the hard work they have done in the courts has paid off regarding cca for overdraughts.

Indeed

In your case there's also the issue of the current debt owner being Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd which does not have FCA authorisation to issue claims.

Cabot are not the only debt purchaser with this problem, there was a court case earlier this year which went against Idem Capital Securities Ltd. Their claim was dismissed and they didn't appeal, as Jo explains here >

Originally posted by Joanna Connolly View Post
                        On 24 April 2019 we were successful in a consumer credit Appeal on the issue of FCA Authorisation - or rather, lack of FCA Authorisation. Idem Capital Securities Limited admitted in court they were not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority to exercise the rights of a lender but said they were exempt as they had a valid servicing agreement in place with an affiliated 3rd party who was authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

It was accepted by both parties that there was a valid servicing agreement in place. The issue for the Circuit Judge to decide whether Idem Capital Securities Limited could rely on the exemption under paragraph 55 of the Schedule to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Exemption) Order 2001 to issue proceedings in the county court.

The Circuit Judge held as a general principle of law that Idem Capital Securities Limited was not able to rely on the FCA authorisation of an affiliated 3rd party ( paragraph 55 of the Schedule to the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Exemption) Order 2001) for the purpose of bringing a claim. The agreement was unenforceable, and the order of the court below was set aside, and the Claim dismissed.

Idem Capital Securities Limited did not appeal the judgment.

If you are currently defending a claim with Idem Capital Securities Limited, whether stayed or ongoing or Idem have obtained a Default Judgment against you and you have any query please post any queries on this forum.

Di

Comment

Re:Hi Guys not sure where to post my question (newbie hope its in the right place)

Wifes
                          approx balance £10976
                          last fulll payment june 2008/then DMP till Aug 2012/ then debt settlement /ended 4/3/2016Default dropped off. assigned to cabot. assignment printed by them/ same envelope
                          Letter dated 23/5/16. received 30/5/16. Letter states current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                          Dear mrs blah.
                          An alternative solution for your account. we would like to give you the opportunity to be free of this account. so we have come up with an alternative solution for you.WHAT YOU OWE. WHAT YOU COULD PAY. AMOUNT SAVED. = 70% DISCOUNT.
                          we do want whats best for you. so if you want to take us up on this offer we need to make sure that all your priority bills are up to date.we could also be flexible with how you pay this amount. Dependent on your situation GET IN TOUCH. blah blah
                          Deborah green.

Dear mrs blah
                          YOUR ACCOUNT.
                          we haven't received your last payment from your debt management company. we have tried to contact them but they have not responded. so we decided to get in touch with you.
                          WHAT CAN YOU DO.
                          If you are still using the same debt management company we recommend contacting them to find out what is happening.
                          Deborah green.

Dear mrs Blah
                          LETS WORK TOGETHER.
                          Dont let debt hang over you we can talk you through our different options and find a solution that suits you
                          even if you think you cant pay we'd still like to talk to you. by understanding your situation we can guide you towards help. we help thousands of customers every month.
                          CONTACT US. blah blah
                          Deborah green

Very keen for a chat is dishy Debs. think we will pass on the phone calls tho. date file ignore
                          Dear mrs blah
                          We have been trying to reach you to discuss your account but we haven't been able to get in touch
                          COULD I PAY LESS
                          MONTHLY PLAN
                          DISCOUNT
                          WHERE CAN I GET ADVISE
                          blah blah.
                          Deborah green

Letter dated 31/7/16

They seem to have SWITCHED LENDERS. from cabot financial uk ltd date file ignore

Dear Mrs Blah
                          Halifax cc ref - - - - -
                          Thank you for your requests for information under section 77-79 consumer credit act 1974. we currently do not have this information on file.
                          However i have requested the relevant details which will include a copy of the credit agreement statement of account and original and varied terms and conditions from the original lenders.
                          WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
                          I acknowledge the 12 day time limit to provide this information before the account becomes unenforceable however as we have to request the details from the original lender i anticipate that we will be able to provide this within 40 days. in the unlikely event we are unable to obtain this information within these time limits we will write to you again. if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us
                          your sincerely

Looks like they are saving on the postage combining a cc and personal loan on the same letter

Dear mrs blah
                          Halifax cc - - - -
                          Thank you for your letter received in our office dated 1/8/16. My name is kathycakebread i am the consultant that has further investigated your concerns and i hope to help you now by providing a resolution to this matter.
                          Unfortunately we have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period
                          WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
                          We shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with with your request. in the meantime we would like to inform you that your accounts shall remain on hold with the customer care department until such time we can comply with your request
                          YOUR ACCOUNTS
                          Your credit agreements are currently unenforceable which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court. However you are obliged to repay the outstanding balance's as confirmed in this letter and therefore we recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set up a repayment arrangement.

All quiet so

please find enclosed all of the relevant information following your request for information under section (77-78) of the consumer credit Act 1974. in the event that we have provided a reconstituted true copy or your credit agreement for the avoidance of doubt this complies with the consumer credit (cancelation Notices and copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 and therefore complies with the obligations set out in section 77-78 of the consumer Credit Act 1974.
                          What happens next?
                          we consider that the agreement is now enforceable and therefore we are entitled to obtain a county court judgment against you. However we would prefer that you work with us to set up a repayment plan to settle your outstanding balance.
                          the status of your account blah blah please make contact with our customer operations department as soon as possible to discuss the options available for this account

well its only taken them 19months 2 weeks approx. to come up with this they also enclosed a statement of account of the payments they received from the now defunk Debt management company (settle my debt) what they sent was 7 double sided pages of what can only be described as generic terms and conditions etc. had the wifes name and address alongside Halifax. However no signature of any kind I think they are just taking a punt here?

Sent off to Niddy

Letter dated 21/4/2018. Received 26/4/2018 CURRENT CREDITOR CABOT FINANCIAL UK LTD.
                          Dear Mrs Blah
                          We agreed to put a hold on your account due to your situation.That time period has come to an end and we would like to hear from you so we can have an update on your situation.
                          our customer consultants will take the time to listen to you and discuss the options available for you
                          GET IN TOUCH.
                          call us on blah
                          yours sincerely
                          Deborah Green

Letter dated 22/6/2018 Received 27/6/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd

CALL US.
                          Date file ignore

Letter Dated 10/7/2018 Received (not sure came back from hols 14/7/2018)current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                          Dear mrs blah.
                          yep must be important. We will never ask you to pay more than you can afford. we understand about food bills and other essentials never ask you to pay more than you can afford? thank goodness for that. for a mo i thought they wanted money. Call us on blah. no thanks busy at the mo. Date file ignore

Letter dated 27/7/2018. Received 30/7/2018 Current creditor. Cabot Financial UK Ltd
                          Dear Mrs Blah
                          working within your budget. we understand you may have other priorities etc etc etc
                          GET IN TOUCH
                          Letter Dated 21/8/2018 Received 25/8/2018 current creditor Cabot Financial uk ltd
                          Dear Mrs Blah.
                          save £50 on your account when you update us with your current situation and start repaying.
                          All you need to do is fill out a budget form etc etc blah blah. Discuss whats comfortable for you blah blah.
                          CALL US. YOU HAVE 4 weeks to claim this offer. customer consultants waiting to help blah blah

Letter dated 5/10/2018. Received 10/10/2018.current creditor cabot financial uk ltd.
                          we are hoping a new approach could help you be free of this debt. blah blah blah
                          our goal is to understand what will work best for you, and we will always ensure that what we agree is affordable for you.
                          Talk to us.

Letter dated 4/11/2018. received 9/11/2018 current creditor cabot financial uk ltd
                          Dear Mrs Blah. How we can help. we help thousands of customers every month blah blah. and we would like to help you
                          our customer (illustrative purposes only) solution 1 pay xxx clear this account within 2 years. solution 2 pay xxx clear this account within 5 years. TALK TO US.
                          Letter Dated 4/12/2018. Received 7/12/2018. Current Creditor Cabot Financial UK Ltd
                          Dear Mrs Blah YOUR ACCOUNT. As we have not been successful in finding an appropriate solution, we are considering sending your account to an external Debt collection company. and urge you to contact us within the next fourteen days. is there any thing else we can help you with blah blah blah.
                          Please contact us as soon as possible as your account could be sent to an external Debt collection company.
                          Yours Sincerely
                          Dishy Debs.

Oh no not an external Debt collection company? maybe maybe not. Date file ignore

Letter dated 23/6/2019. Received 28/6/2019. does not state current creditor. just cabot financial. small print at the bottom refers to cabot financial Europe ltd. (no mention of cabot financial uk ltd)
                          The balance is due and we have advised you of several options blah blah blah. you can manage by paying monthly reduced balance over several months blah blah. whilst no payments are made your balance wont go down. (Honest)
                          if you start making payments your balance will reduce. (really) TALK TO US. (PRETTY PLEASE).
                          if we dont hear from you we will continue to contact you. so we can help you blah blah. head of internal operations

Dear Mrs Blah. Setting up a payment plan.we're waiting to hear from you to discuss your account. We're pretty flexible about how you repay blah blah blah we have thousands of customers who find it easier to make monthly payments blah blah blah. Take the next step -contact us
                          (you wish)
                          Call us Go online.
                          yours sincerely

Date file ignore
                          Dear Mrs Blah. we are still waiting to hear from you to discuss your account. we want to find the right solution for you so we want to let you know your options (Three options) setting up a plan is simple blah blah.
                          yours sincerely
                          stephen shaw

Cheers Stephen think i will just stay with option 4 at the moment. MPT Letter still on hold. date file ignore

Dear Mrs Blah. get back on track with a payment plan. Thank you for paying in the past, we appreciate you have tried to repay, so far you have repaid Blah. you still have Blah on your account that needs to be paid.
                          we have over 900.000 customers paying us every month, let us find a plan that works for you to.
                          struggling to make payments? no problem. Blah blah blah and more blah. Take the next step.
                          You need to make a new payment plan. Thank you for your previous payments, you need to call us to set up a new plan for your account. you have repaid £ blah already. which is a great start! we would like to help you find a repayment plan which works for you. Even if you think you cant pay, we can discuss what the best way forward is for you

Build a plan around your budget. you've repaid £blah already. clearly something went wrong last time so we want to make sure your new plan is affordable for you.
                          we can talk about your budget and help you work out how much you can afford to pay blah blah blah. 10,000 customers pay every month, so we know they work. if you prefer you call call us to discuss what discount options might be available for you. GET IN TOUCH TO GET STARTED.
                          Date file ignore. the customer base seems to have went down somewhat? only 10.000 paying customers per month(must be a struggle)
                          What's happening next...
                          we have tried to contact you on a number of occasions so that we can understand your situation etc etc
                          To help you reconnect with our client blah blah phone us within seven days. Or we will arrange a home visit. blah blah.

Letter dated 20/12/2019. Received 27/12/2019 RESOLVECALL.
                          Dear Mrs Blah.
                          CABOT FINANCIAL
                          (EUROPE) LTD
                          We can confirm the outstanding balance is £blah.
                          please contact us on blah should you require any further information
                          yours sincerely
                          resolvecall ltd

Date file ignore

Well the guys from Glasgow didn't give the normal response to the doorstep letter. However they were kind enough to enclose a direct debit mandate. How hopeful are these guys

Comment

• Guess you've seen this? -> https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/f...ts/33536-cabot

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

• Joanna Connolly Diana Mayhew
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wifes
                                approx balance £10976
                                Dear mrs blah.
                                Deborah green.

Dear mrs blah
                                YOUR ACCOUNT.
                                WHAT CAN YOU DO.
                                Deborah green.

Dear mrs Blah
                                LETS WORK TOGETHER.
                                CONTACT US. blah blah
                                Deborah green

Dear mrs blah
                                COULD I PAY LESS
                                MONTHLY PLAN
                                DISCOUNT
                                WHERE CAN I GET ADVISE
                                blah blah.
                                Deborah green

Letter dated 31/7/16

Dear Mrs Blah
                                Halifax cc ref - - - - -
                                WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
                                your sincerely

Dear mrs blah
                                Halifax cc - - - -
                                WHAT HAPPENS NEXT
                                YOUR ACCOUNTS

All quiet so

What happens next?

Sent off to Niddy

Dear Mrs Blah
                                GET IN TOUCH.
                                call us on blah
                                yours sincerely
                                Deborah Green

CALL US.
                                Date file ignore

Dear mrs blah.

Dear Mrs Blah
                                GET IN TOUCH
                                Dear Mrs Blah.

Talk to us.

Yours Sincerely
                                Dishy Debs.

(you wish)
                                Call us Go online.
                                yours sincerely

Date file ignore
                                yours sincerely
                                stephen shaw

What's happening next...

Letter dated 20/12/2019. Received 27/12/2019 RESOLVECALL.
                                Dear Mrs Blah.
                                CABOT FINANCIAL
                                (EUROPE) LTD
                                We can confirm the outstanding balance is £blah.
                                please contact us on blah should you require any further information
                                yours sincerely
                                resolvecall ltd

Date file ignore

Home visit from resolvecall 2/1/2020. 11am
                                Can i speak with Mrs Blah.
                                And you are. I AM Mr Blah. Ok Mr Blah can you tell me what it's about. Iam Mr Blah. Yes you said that. However what is it about. Who wants to speak with Mrs Blah. I am from Resolvecall. OK.No thanks nobody here wants to speak with you, Please leave Oh and have a nice day.
                                You to partner. (cowboys or what) Then he put his calling card through the letterbox before he left.
                                (Filed away)

/

The guy from Resolvecall didn't have much luck today. After sitting in his little van updating his details. Ater that he moved just around the corner. Could see him clearly from my window. He stopped and knocked another door. No joy for him there either. Well at least he didn't waste to much Fuel with that one. (must have a resolvecall club in my local area)

Comment

Working...
                                X