GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Last account statute barred yesterday. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last account statute barred yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last account statute barred yesterday.

Hi all, My last account is now stat barred. Thank you to everybody who helped me on here and on other sites.
    I had well over 100k of debt in 2005 and thought bankruptcy or an IVA was the only solution. Tried agreeing payments with everybody until Marlin brought 2 HSBC accounts, they were totally unreasonable issued claims and thats when I found out about the cca route. Marlin lost 2 claims.
    Thats when I ccad all my other debts.
    Bluffed a couple of them but most were unenforcable.
    Just stood firm, reported any false statements to trading standards and oft.
    Just preparing my PPI claims for the last 2 accounts, both egg but luckily I had full disclosure from them before they sold the accounts to Marlin who surprisingly didn't try to collect them. Might be the hassle I caused them last time. Accused them of money laundering etc.
    To be honest i'm surprised at how easy most of the companies rolled over and played dead. Even with ones which we re probable enforcable. I think PPI probably muddied the waters.
    So my message to everybody is don't give in you can win.

Re: Last account statute barred yesterday.

Congratulations hope for us all.

Comment

That's brilliant........I'm so pleased for you Jon, onwards and upwards now

Best wishes
      IF
      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Excellent x
        if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Great news!
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

wonderful news xxx

Comment

Hi! Good news! Posted 1 of my ppi complaints to Canada square on the tuesday after the bank holiday, just got a letter from barclays. Complaint upheld full refund etc will be paid by cheque within 4 weeks! Didn't even take 2 weeks!
              To be honest after reading other peoples posts,I was quite looking forward to a fight with them.
              1 more account to go then all my PPI has been refunded that's worth claiming. No point claiming if account hasn't been sold and balance isn't less then redress.

Comment

Working...
              X