GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Time to CCA? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to CCA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to CCA?

Ruthbridge have recently starting sending me fan mail for an old debt that has been asleep for some time and I've done nothing to awaken the creditor.

The original creditor is Halifax One credit card originating from 2005 and was assigned to Apex Credit Management in 2008. My last payment/acknowledgement was February 2008 and apart from a couple of letters from Apex in late 2009 and early 2010 I haven’t heard a peep from anyone until last week when I got a letter from Ruthbridge saying they've been instructed by Apex to recover blah blah. I ignored it but I've now got a second letter offering a 50% discount if paid by (here they left the date blank so obviously a template they've forgotten to fill in) or they “could propose” that their client look into the possibility of bankruptcy etc.

Is it time I sent a CCA request to Apex who haven’t contacted me for more than 3 years or can I safely ignore the second Ruthbridge letter for now? The debt is galloping towards March 2014 SB date.

Advice and opinions on to CCA or ignore would be gratefully received.

Re: Time to CCA?

I would be sending a cca request to Ruthbridge...the letter tennis will help to delay things for the next year
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If they're already offering a discount, chances are they'll have nothing remotely enforceable anyway.
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. As Ruthbridge don't quote an account number on the two letters I'd assumed they hadn't really been instructed by Apex as claimed. I'll send a CCA request to them.

Comment

Working...
        X