GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script who actually owes who ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who actually owes who ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who actually owes who ?

This has probably been asked many many times before so i apologise for asking again .

When a dca buys a debt , surely that makes it their debt and no longer mine, i never took out the original debt with say like 'cap quest' so how come they ask me for the repayment, they bought it now it belongs to them ?

Re: who actually owes who ?

No no. They buy the rights as the owner. You don't own it. The lender does.

You cannot purchase a debt, ask Basil Rankine

The NoA allows the owner to sell the servicing and rights of the ACCOUNT!

S.136 Law of property act (1925)!
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      No no. They buy the rights as the owner. You don't own it. The lender does.

You cannot purchase a debt, ask Basil Rankine

The NoA allows the owner to sell the servicing and rights of the ACCOUNT!

S.136 Law of property act (1925)!

thats rank

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
        thats rank
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have a debt with Barclaycard - serviced by Debt Managers ltd, letter and NoA from Arrow Global saying they have now all rights etc, so I sent a CCA request to Arrow who quick as a flash wrote back saying they they do not accept that the debt is theirs but THEY will help me get the original CCA from Barclaycard. Like F*ck they will
          Last edited by vossy; 29 September 2012, 16:24. Reason: Missed a bit

Comment

When they assign a debt they don't always provide all the paperwork and provision is given for the assignee to request data from the assignor at any point thereafter.

Comment

Working...
            X