GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA check - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all. My tesco credit card debt was recently passed on to Wescot to deal with so I sent them a CCA request. The forum was not up and running so I sent the CCA I received to Di who kindly took a look and believes the CCA is unenforcable. I have now received another letter from Wescot saying I need to contact them in the next 10 days to prevent further recovery action. I have ignored Wescot up until now but I am now a little unsure if I should continue to ignore them or not? Many thanks.

Comment

Yep just ignore.
      I know it can be hard to just sit on your hands when you are itching to tell them it is UE, but that's part of the game.
      they will tell you you need to pay, indeed they will insist you need to pay, but you don't, but you don't tell them why or they will try and rectify the problem.
      was it lack of correct paperwork that deemed it UE?

NW
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks nightwatch yes Di took a look and says there should be more paperwork. Should I still send it in to the checking email address on here or do I not need to if Di has already taken a look at it? I believe there is somewhere you can send them to get checked on here? Thanks again.

Comment

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk for checking CCAs do not cross anything out
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you I have sent the document to be checked.

Comment

I should probably add that my original CCA request was sent via email and did not contain the statutory £1 fee. This was not my intention but when I replied to Wescot's original letter I emailed them stating that before I made any further contact woukd be sending a CCA request and asked them if I needed to send it to themselves or direct to tesco. I then got an email back saying they had requested the credit agreement from the lender and would be in touch. Should I send another one in writing with the £1 fee or am I just likely to get the same reply back? Thanks.

Comment

I would wait for now and see what they send you next.
                NW

Comment

Thanks nightwatch. I have just had a call on the house phone which was an automated message from Wescot asking me to call them. I have no idea how they got my home phone number. I am now at the stage where I would just rather agree a payment plan with them to keep them off my back. I am terrified they may try and ring my work if they manage to get hold of that number.

Comment

wescott have no powers they are only after commissions, eventually give up and pass account back to owners.idle threats from different template drawers. what ewver you do they will not stop if you show willing to give them monies

Comment

it was just what you think, a call to get you frightened enough to call them.
                      Do they know where you work? even if they do they are not supposed to tell your work who they are.

They had one of my debts, I ignored them, they soon back off if they get no reply.
                      can you block the number? if not, enter in your phone book as do not answer.
                      NW.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guys. Letters etc I can deal with but phone calls really worry me. As far as I know they dont know where I work but tesco bank will do and I am sure they could find out easily enough. They managed to find my home phone number which I have never given to tesco bank or Wescot. I know I probably done the wrong thing but I have emailed them stating I do not give permission for any contact by phone. I guess this is not something they will take note of anyway.

Comment

Harassment by Telephone Follow-Up next time if ever ask on here first, as we have many letters of use to use by members, this on send off in a couple days referring to you last contact telling them not to phone, send Recorded Delivery and keep all copies of incoming/out going correspondence in date order also up date on here each time!

Comment

you have just told them they had the correct phone number. No matter, try and block number.
                            sit on your hands, unless you are letting us know what is happening.

talking of which, can you update the post for the tesco account wescot have, so we know when it was passed to them, + add date of call.
                            Just click edit ,add the details and hit save
                            thanks
                            NW

Comment

phone number finding can be got these day via Facebook etc if they are on record! get blocker and if they do carry on then make a note of date.time. as they know the rules.

Comment

Ok thanks for the advice guys. So I guess now I just sit and wait again. I did send in the agreement they sent me to be double checked but have not heard anything since. Sorry for all the questions I just find it a bit stressful and not something I am used to dealing with. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X