GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI reclaim via FOS but lender has sent cheque - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI reclaim via FOS but lender has sent cheque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI reclaim via FOS but lender has sent cheque

Hi

My partner is reclaiming PPI and after complaining to the lender has gone forward to the FOS. In the meantime the lender has sent a cheque suggesting there was an admin error concerning the PPIs and they also look forward to receiving the FOS findings.

I am sure i have seen a template letter somewhere that accepts the cheque etc but doesn't acknowledge this as a settlement etc...can anyone let me know if they know where to find this? Clearly they are acknowledging they cocked up but if the FOS finds against them we don't want to just accept their initial cheque

Thanks

Tierisch

Re: PPI reclaim via FOS but lender has sent cheque

As they've paid out tell the FOS and see if they award greater.

Worth a shot. Cash the cheque. It won't do you any harm unless it states its in full settlement of your complaint at which point still tell the FOS and if necessary say you're looking for more and reasons why (obv don't bank chq at that point)...
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers Niddy

That was a quick reply....they haven't mentioned mis-selling but rather that due to an admin error (mmm) there were two PPI policies running at the same time. They don't mention full settlement either so will cash the cheque and let FOS know as you suggest. Thanks for the advice - as always helpful

Tierisch

Comment

Oh really? Brilliant so you are now reclaiming for TWO amounts. Update the FOS and tell them the amount received so far - you now want the balance paying

Lol - dipshits
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Letter is on it's way....nice of them to drop themselves in it, duh. Life is full of admin errors..good job we have them otherwise the banks would have nothing else to blame..

Comment

Bit of a non-update. Still waiting for the FOS to deal with the two PPIs though to be fair they have been in touch a couple of times.

Comment

Working...
            X