GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Little woods extra care 500 after account been sold to a dca - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little woods extra care 500 after account been sold to a dca

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little woods extra care 500 after account been sold to a dca

Hi people from looking at previous posts I decided to double check through my sar request from littlewoods and found that I had this extra care 500, payments were taken of various amounts a month until I defaulted on the payments. Just at a glance the amount comes to about £1100. My question is as this has been sold to a dca can I still try to claim this back as I was never informed about this product?

Re: Little woods extra care 500 after account been sold to a dca

Yes you can. My account had been closed for several years before I claimed. Before you claim, or acknowledge that you are aware of the payments, consider what is happening with your account. Are you working towards becoming Statute Barred? Are you still paying?

If it it has gone to a DCA you may get the money yourself and not offset against the debt. Good luck
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm currently going for sb on this I'm about 9months into it so a long way to go,
      so if I do try to reclaim will this put a spanner on the sb clock?

Comment

Yes, by reclaiming you reset the SB clock. You need to look at the details of your Littlewoods account and then make a judgement decision.
        Normally the advice would be to wait until SB, but with all the talk of ending PPI claims you will have to balance size of debt v likely size of repayment.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X