GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script PPI for car loans - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PPI for car loans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI for car loans

I feel like I am torturing people on this

I have realised today that my mum took 2 car loans from dealerships. One in 2001 and one in 2005.

I have no paperwork for them.

I have contacted the dealerships today. The finance deal from 2005 say that we need to write into them as they can not access the deatils as it was so long ago. Can I SAR them? or is it only bank you can do this to? would I be best sending SAR to dealership and First Trust bank?

the Second finance deal from a dealership in 2001 I believe ford credit financed it. It was years ago. should I just try sending them a SAR?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you xxxxx lovelove

Re: PPI for car loans

Originally posted by Hells Bells View Post
    I feel like I am torturing people on this

I have realised today that my mum took 2 car loans from dealerships. One in 2001 and one in 2005.

I have no paperwork for them.

I have contacted the dealerships today. The finance deal from 2005 say that we need to write into them as they can not access the deatils as it was so long ago. Can I SAR them? or is it only bank you can do this to? would I be best sending SAR to dealership and First Trust bank?

the Second finance deal from a dealership in 2001 I believe ford credit financed it. It was years ago. should I just try sending them a SAR?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you xxxxx lovelove
    Hiya, now worries lol, that's what we're here for Lol!

In regards of the dealership, they would have passed on the details to the lender, so either one of them should be fine to SAR.

In regards of the reclaiming though, as you are aware you pursue the ones who arranged the finance, and therefore that would be the dealership.

In the past, if I used brokers, I have SAR's both broker and lender, what you could do first is SAR the dealership, if they cannot provide any details, they must return the fee paid, so you can then continue with the lender on the SAR.

Comment

Going to SAR them all :-) Just so that data does not accidently disappear as we are over the 6 years.

Have you had success with claiming old stuff back pre 2006?

I just hope they still have the records. the Loan from 2005 was only paid off 2 years ago.

Thaks again Di - your a super star xox

Comment

are there any templates for SAR?

Comment

Working...
        X