GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debt Sold/Transferred proof? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debt Sold/Transferred proof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Sold/Transferred proof?

Hi,

If for example a bank pass/sell on a debt to a debt collection agency there has to be some sort of paperwork for this to go through? Can we ask for this transfer of ownership of the debt through the courts and if they don't come up with the documentation isn't that illegal?

Thanks.

Re: Debt Sold/Transferred proof?

You only need to be informed, you will be. It's called a Notice of Assignment (NoA).

Usually the current dca or lender writes saying theyve assigned the debt to X and there's an introduction chaser from the new firm (X) attached. If they sell the rights (total Assignment) then sometimes they'll say so and the new owner will be in touch direct. Legal claims are done on behalf of the assignee (i.e. The bank).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X