GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Solicitors missed deadline for AOS return ?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solicitors missed deadline for AOS return ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors missed deadline for AOS return ??

Hello there,

Brand new to this website, have been referred here by my dad who speaks very highly of you

Would appreciate it if this could be moved to the relevant section, I looked but could not find a forum I though it fitted in

In a rather bad situation ... had a car accident 18 months ago, July 2014, motorcycle smashed into the side of me, insurances came out at a 50/50 result, I heard nothing for many months, end of December 2015 I had a letter from Hadleigh Claims Management Ltd, stating that the motorcyclist was now suing me personally for his injuries, but that I was "not to worry" and that they "would continue to defend me" and that if I receive "anything at all" to do nothing but send it directly to them to deal with.

31st of December I received a "county court money claims" form, which I sent immediately to Hadleigh Claims Managment, I sent it "signed" for 1st class post, I have check and the letter was signed for on the 4th of January a Mr G Drewitt at 10:29 in the morning.

Today I received a "Judgement for Claimant" letter from the county court money claims center stating that no Acknowledgement of Service had been filed so I the defendant must now pay the claimant an amount which the court will decide, plus costs !! there is a second page that states that the claim has been transferred to the County Court at Stafford following judgment being entered, on receipt the file will be referred to a judge to give case management directions !!

This all sounds horrendous to me and very much like its all said and done ? ... what on earth can I do ? ... I have no savings, no assets, all I have is my car thats worth 2 grand .. thats it !!

Is there any come back on this Hadleigh Claims Managment or can they simply step back from it ??

what happens if the judge orders me to pay him a fortune and I don't have it !!??

Any help with this matter would be massively appreciated, I'm literally bricking it here.

Thanks

Re: Solicitors missed deadline for AOS return ??

I've asked our solicitor to look at this for you....

You're showing up as another registered user - does your parent(s) currently use the forum?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you ..

I'm using my dads computer, he is a AAD member .. could this be the crossover ?

Comment

Originally posted by sevans17 View Post
        Thank you ..

I'm using my dads computer, he is a AAD member .. could this be the crossover ?
        Indeed.... I will message you - please reply.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You should check that Hadleigh claims management are acting for your insurers. If so your insurers will pick up the tab. They may have decided not to defend the fact of the accident but only the quantum. You have probably been served by mistake.

You should ring Hadleigh tomorrow and see what they say and then come back to us....

Comment

Ok, will do that ... thanks

Have just tried to reply to private message but get the following error:

• You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

Comment

Originally posted by sevans17 View Post
              Ok, will do that ... thanks

Have just tried to reply to private message but get the following error:

• You have reached your stored private message quota and cannot send any further messages until space has been created.
              That doesn't apply to us. You can PM us! Never mind - it's fine now anyway.

Comment

Hi there,

Just to say all is good, phoned the company today and as you said Niddy they are acting on behalf of the insurers, so whatever happens they would pick up the tab !!

Massively relieved

Thanks for the advice and help !!

Comment

Awesome. Glad to hear it

Comment

Working...
                  X