GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Transcom Worldwide (UK) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transcom Worldwide (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcom Worldwide (UK)

Sooo, it seems I get one bunch of kretins out the way and another take their place. This time is it Transcom Worldwide chasing money for an alleged debt from eBay.
    Fees of about £35 and a refund I hugely dispute for £350.

Basically I sold a large item, a new bicycle unboxed and dry stored. Sold for £350 by it now, collection only.
    Buyer buys it, pays by PayPal, my details are on PayPal and eBay but no contact. About 5 weeks later and he escalates a claim as undelivered. It was plainly collection only, the postage said collection only, the auction said collection only.
    He wants to change his mind, I say not a chance. I even offer to take it to him if he pays fuel or he can sort a courier. Either way all sales are final (private seller BTW). EBay decide to refund, I say not a chance. Their reason is as I still have the bike, I am not out of pocket. My response is all sales are final it's here when he wants to collect it as collection only.
    Whats the best way to despute it without swearing at Them?
    TIA
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Re: Transcom Worldwide (UK)

To be honest I would issue the refund if it were me and put it down to experience. I know it's annoying but eBay favours buyers, even if they're complete
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Absolutely not, I have a pregnant wife and the sale was to fund a buggie and various other bits. I don't have the money to refund.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Signature removed by site-admin. Please PM Niddy if you have any questions about why it's been removed.

Meany

Comment

You wont win this one, as much as it pains me to say, delivery terms means nothing, infact, sellers mean nothing in the eyes of ebay. Buyer protection comes first.

There is a very very slight chance ebay or paypal may say you have been fair, and refused the buyers claim, but in all likelyhood, they will uphold the decision to side with the buyer and you will have no wriggle out room.

Best advise i can give to anyone for any future sales, is to not spend the money until the dispute resolution period is up, which i think is 45 days. I know thats not practical, but it means should you need to, you can refund the buyer.

I had a similar case recently. Sold a DVD/MP3/SATNAV Combo car stereo, which was collection only. I had it professionally installed in my car and professionally removed, every worked fine.

The buyer came and picked it up, claimed he knew what he was doing to install it. about a week later, accused me of selling him a remote control which was not for the unit i had sold him, the sat nav was jerky, and he couldnt get it to play CD/DVD's, admitting to installing it himself.

I explained to him it was clear, from his comments, that he had not even bothered to read the installation instructions since if he had, he would have noticed a picture of the remote that i sold him with the stereo, and therefore would not make such stupid claims, furthermore, he admitted to not even bothering to buy a loom adaptor so the wiring matched up with his particular make and model car.

After 4 week, he came back again, claiming the item was faulty. I met him half way with this and said, if he could show me proof by way of a professional audio installer that the item is faulty, ill refund his money. Guess what? He put a dispute in with ebay, they read the messages back and fourth and considered my actions to be fair and did not uphold his dispute. He never bothered to get anyone to confim a fault and never heard from him again.

I was however lucky though. I know plenty of ebay sellers who no longer sell because ebay always favours the buyer regardless of terms, regardless of condition of item, and regardless of whether they even received the item or not sometimes!

You can even prove to ebay the buyer received the goods by giving the recorded delivery receipt info, when the buyer claims they never received it, and ebay still demand you refund! their buyer protection is so unfair its not funny.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This is the issue, the goods were not sent as they were collection only. It said collection only in no less than 3 places within the listing and he used buy it now. I even offered to take it to him for fuel cost or even assist him arrange a courier.
          If I cannot dispute the "debt" Then I will offer them £1 a week.

Meany

Comment

It's civil. PayPal rarely go to court.

Close your account. Start anew if they get arsey. However bear in mind you don't own the bike if you've spent cash.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              It's civil. PayPal rarely go to court.

Close your account. Start anew if they get arsey. However bear in mind you don't own the bike if you've spent cash.
              I've said that all along. The bike is here waiting to be collected as per the listing. EBay chose to refund the buyer despite my objection and refusal, hence why I dispute the "debt."

Meany

Comment

Working...
              X