GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script looking for people who've done bankruptcy/ IVA/ DRO or something similar for advice article - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for people who've done bankruptcy/ IVA/ DRO or something similar for advice article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for people who've done bankruptcy/ IVA/ DRO or something similar for advice article

Hi there

I wasn't sure where to post... I'm writing a last minute article for a national paper letting people know about what options might be available to them if they're struggling with debt. The idea came to me after someone mentioned a DRO to me and I'd never heard of it. I want people to know what options are there and how they work. I am hoping to find one or two people who've been through / going through/ considering any of the above who wouldn't mind a quick chat about their experience. I'm on a very tight deadline and hoping to have a 15 minute phone or email conversation with people in the next day or so if possible. Can anyone help? I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks v much. Happy to provide any more details you need over PM, including my Linkedin and twitter details so you can check me out.

Re: looking for people who've done bankruptcy/ IVA/ DRO or something similar for advice article

Ordinarily it's polite to seek permission prior to posting such requests.

Please be so kind to elaborate what it is you're wanting to do, who you are (not LinkedIn) and which paper you're targeting then we'll let you know. Please mail me - webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

thanks.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: looking for people who've done bankruptcy/ IVA/ DRO or something similar for advice article

Apologies NID. I have explained more via email. thanks

Comment

Thanks

I'll respond to email ASAP.

Bear with me please.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Great, thanks never in doubt. Would be great to speak to people today if anyone is available. thanks v much.

Comment

Hi

if anyone wants to chat then they're free to contact you. Might be an idea adding your email address so folks can mail you.

Sadly im away most the day so can't really do much re this

Comment

Aha, didn't realise I hadn't enabled that. should be ok now, cheers for advice.

Comment

To send ethicalmoney an email, go to ethicalmoney’s profile — > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/m...8-ethicalmoney

and press send email

Click image for larger version

Name:	send email.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1399254
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by ethicalmoney View Post
                  I am hoping to find one or two people who've been through / going through/ considering any of the above who wouldn't mind a quick chat about their experience.
                  This thread details a member's BR experience from start to finish. It worked for him. He hasn't been online since November but you could send him a PM with a link to your thread. Although please don't say the site has asked him to talk to you because it would have to be his own decision which is why I'm posting this on your thread

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post126887

I've had a peep at your Twitter account so here it is for anyone else who would like to see what you get up to. I completely agree with you about the need for a bag of mini eggs to make the day work better
                  Last edited by Deepie; 28 January 2014, 11:58.

Comment

haha! thanks Plan B. I haven't been able to drag myself away from the desk for mini eggs ! I have now interviewed someone re bankruptcy, but urgently looking for someone who's got experience of IVA and DRO. Been looking non-stop for a week and proving impossible...

Comment

Was trying to avoid posting up twitter details as have made a personal post on here and didn't want to necessarily link my public and private world, but it happens...

Comment

Was trying to avoid posting up twitter details as have made a personal post on here and didn't want to necessarily link my public and private world, but it happens...
                        I've deleted that for now.....
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have now interviewed someone re bankruptcy, but urgently looking for someone who's got experience of IVA and DRO. Been looking non-stop for a week and proving impossible...
                          I've gone through all the threads I can find on here that relate to IVAs and I can't find any with positive experiences This one is a member who regretted going into an IVA only a year after it started

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post163523

Comment

I'm sorry about that. I wasn't aware you had started a separate personal thread which was my mistake

I was only trying to raise your public profile

Comment

We don't have any current IVA/DRO victims on AAD. Whilst we're pleased we get to the users prior to formalising their debts this way, generally speaking if you're on a DRO/IVA then chances are you'd not be here at all as your debt is technically being managed.

We try and get folks to fight back prior to signing away their lives - albeit on a very rare occasion we have suggested an IVA/DRO might best suit that users circumstances but they never did go through with it from my knowledge. Hence you'll struggle to speak to many on AAD as we don't actively support IVA / DRO's.

Comment

Working...
                              X