GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script MOVING SOON>>> - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOVING SOON>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOVING SOON>>>

OMG finally we have a move to a more suitable property for my partners disabilty. What do you think dare I not leave my forwarding address or will they find us.lol

Re: MOVING SOON>>>

Originally posted by jillyiant View Post
    OMG finally we have a move to a more suitable property for my partners disabilty. What do you think dare I not leave my forwarding address or will they find us.lol
    General consensus Jill is to set-up mail forwarding (Royal mail offer maximum of two years) and keep an eye on what comes through. Reply to enforceable ones with your new address.

Good luck.

SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They soon found me! I had set up a forwarding address with Royal Mail as a safeguard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibsfbd View Post
        They soon found me! I had set up a forwarding address with Royal Mail as a safeguard.

I dont want them to find me...

Comment

Well make sure you do not put yourself on the ellectoral roll, thats the best way to find you. Any credit in the new address, will also help them find you, basically anything which is registered on a credit report, in your name, at your new address, will let them find you.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I'll ask someone who has moved to pop by and give you some general guidance on what NOT to do
            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

There is some sort of legal obligation to respond to the annual electoral role questionnaire. BUT perhaps you were not resident in the property on the 22nd October or whenever they state. It depends on your definition of 'resident'.

The swine get you from credit reports for stupid things like insurance, gym memberships etc, that you don't even consider credit facilities. Heaven knows what they will get from errant staff when NHS records are made available to everybody from brain surgeons to hospital cleaners. Many companies retain the right to sell on your data, following in the footsteps of Readers Digest.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for your advice, I will be thinking heavily on this one, do i or dont i? Im really quite an honest person usually. lol

Comment

When I left my previous life, so to speak.... I "forgot" my old address completely. Never made any reference to it ever again. There were a few phishing attempts but nothing major apart from the ex-repossession debt and they tracked me down through DVLA records because wrote in to change my address on the paper licence.

Boo!
                  Remember the mantra:
                  NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                  Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                  Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Very useful information thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X