GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Financial Link after divorce!!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Financial Link after divorce!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Financial Link after divorce!!!

One of my friends got divorced a couple of years ago, but when she checked her credit history yesterday it appears that she still has some old links with her ex husband on a MBNA account( that she can't remember and doesn't seem to be active).

She obviously doesn't want any connection with him, should she write to all the credit agencies say they are divorced and have no financial link?????
    Last edited by mgfboy; 9 October 2012, 08:30.

Re: Financial Link after divorce!!!

I'd contact mbna ask about the account see if its active

Is she divorced or seperated? Best thing to do is take the decree absolute and make copies send to agencies etc

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
      I'd contact mbna ask about the account see if its active

Is she divorced or seperated? Best thing to do is take the decree absolute and make copies send to agencies etc

Well the account isn't on her credit file and she is actually divorced, decree absolute and everything!!!

Comment

mgfboy

Dont know if it helps but totally agree with jen-br. Prob have to be MBNA as the credit reference agencies were more than useless when I had a similar connection from 6 years and one divorce ago.

CRA's wouldnt touch it or help until Nationwide contacted them.

I had to do the same thing send in documents to prove that the link was no longer there. The fact the account hadnt been used for 6 years and we live at different addresses you would have thought would have sorta shown we werent the best of friends anymore lol.

Comment

Working...
        X