GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Advice please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

This morning I had a letter from Buchanan Clark and Wells about a debt....

It stated "Private Matter" so I have no idea unless I phone what the debt is and I know better than giving them a ring.

I have an idea that the debt is something that is over 11 years old because the letter has my old address on it.....

Its either for a loan or a bank charge because its the only thing that I know that I never paid.... and because I have not had a credit account or opened a bank account for the past 10 years.....(I use the wife's) then I can not even take a look at my credit rating on one of those free sites just to make sure what it is!

Shall I just ignore the letter, because it asks do I live at this address? Or shall I reply in writing?

Re: Advice please

its a letter fishing to see if you will snap, if you havent had any debts for over 10 years, then they are Statue Barred, in which case anyone writing to you about it, will get no where.

Personally, i ignore any letter that does not provide me with enough information to see clearly to which it relates, ignore that letter for now, and see if you get any others.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It would seem from your post that the DCA isnt even sure if they are writing to the correct person.

I agree with SX - ignore, but keep the letter safe.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers.....been worried sick all day! But aye...they are not sure if it I am the right person.....

Comment

Working...
        X