GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could they be UE? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they be UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Could they be UE?

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
    They also have the address wrong, they have our current address on the CCA and NOT the one used to open the account. To me, that's an CCA...
    Not at all matey - remember they can use ANY details provided to them on the recon. So if you've told them your new address and they create a recon based on that, it's fine.

However if the address is one you never lived at, then they have issues. It's £300 mate, chillax.

Just relax, think about things and you'll see you're missing the obvious. The address is not a barrier to utilise UE if it is an address taken from source (ie one you've previously used with that lender).
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It's not one that we never lived at, is current address.
      I don't quite get where you’re going with it
      I've written a draft letter but you might be able to make it better!

I have received your latest letter, dated 9th April 2013.
      You again are asking for me to confirm my name. I have been replying by asking exactly what it is that you require me to send WHAT as proof, but all I keep getting back is 'Please send proof of who you are'. Exactly HOW do you require me to prove my identity as I am at a loss as to what it is that you require me to send as proof as you will not tell me what it is that you require me to send, unless all it is that you require is for me to just SAY who I am.

Also, I have just received a letter from Moorcroft , informing me that you (Fashion World) have instructed them to collect on the debt. Telling me that to prevent them (Moorcroft) recommending further action, I must settle the debt without delay, (Copy of letter enclosed). They also go on to explain that you have placed a default marker on the credit file of ****************. I must inform you that this action is wholly unlawful, in as such, you have not yet established the correct identity of the true account owner AND the account is in DISPUTE.

If these actions are not reversed in which you remove the default marker from the credit file and withdraw Moorcrofts authority over the account, I will have no alternative other than contacting the FOS and MoJ and any other regulatory body, where I will bring into question your ability to hold a credit licence and to operate a Debt Collection Agency, namely 'Reliable Collections'.
      Last edited by pooky2483; 23 April 2013, 21:13.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Not at all matey - remember they can use ANY details provided to them on the recon. So if you've told them your new address and they create a recon based on that, it's fine.

However if the address is one you never lived at, then they have issues. It's £300 mate, chillax.

Just relax, think about things and you'll see you're missing the obvious. The address is not a barrier to utilise UE if it is an address taken from source (ie one you've previously used with that lender).
        What's that???
        I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

The main provisions of UE. Re-read my UE Guide and you'll see
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'll have a look for it.

Shall I send them the letter I posted above. Any suggestions on an edit?

Comment

Where is it

Comment

Where is it
                --------> UPDATED - A Full Guide to Unenforceability
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483
                  Here's a reply from me
                  I've deleted this one ...it had your name on....
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What's up Pookie? Can I help?
                    Edit: I've deleted the extra posts. Is that better?
                    Last edited by Undercover Elsa; 6 June 2013, 16:29.

Comment

Another letter from Moorcroft
                      Attached Files

Comment

My reply to JDW
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by pooky2483; 7 June 2013, 14:40. Reason: Removed Personal Details

Comment

Pooky

You got your OH's name on there.

Comment

Reliable decide to chip in...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Then Moorcroft....
                              Attached Files

Comment

My reply to JDW
                                Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                                Pooky

You got your OH's name on there.
                                I think that's the reply pooky did......
                                Last edited by Deepie; 6 June 2013, 18:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X