GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could they be UE? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they be UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Could they be UE?

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
    At the moment, I'm gathering all the correspondence they sent me and the letters I sent them so I can compile them into a PDF to send to the FOS and write to the MoJ about them.
    If you are going to the FOS, make sure you follow the correct procedure. The FOS will not consider any complaint unless you've already gone through the internal procedure of the organisation you are complaining about.

SH

Comment

If they are not listening to the OP in regards to stopping the DCA's chasing the debt, then it could be said that trying to initiate an internal complaint would fall of death ears as well.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
        If they are not listening to the OP in regards to stopping the DCA's chasing the debt, then it could be said that trying to initiate an internal complaint would fall of death ears as well.
        Well if the OP raised a formal complaint and the lender decided that they had already dealt with it and previously issued a final response then they will ignore any future letters.

That said, in such cases you can go straight to the FOS - but it is best to complain to the business once and then sit out 8 weeks so the FOS don't try and go against you by citing that you've not given the business time to respond.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well, they've replied at last and they've given figures for F&F but not happy with the amount, gonna knock em down.

Re-edited personal details out.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pooky2483; 14 June 2013, 12:38. Reason: removed as name on attachment
          I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Crafty the way they say to report to police if it isn't you who has used the account. Shame you ain't going to fall for that
            What you going to knock them down to?
            When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I reckon £300 in F&F is good here - want me to do the template for you mate?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                I reckon £300 in F&F is good here - want me to do the template for you mate?
                Yeah, would be nice :-)

Just reading back to see how much they were before all this kicked off and they started adding to it;
                Could they be UE? - Page 2 - allaboutFORUMS
                Post #40
                Last edited by pooky2483; 14 June 2013, 11:55. Reason: Didn't link to specific post - So trying again
                I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

how much were they mate, before you stopped paying?

A/C #1 = £
                  A/C #2 = £

Comment

SB £239.74 Owing with arrears of £15.68 (1 payment) as of 7 July 2012.Payment of £31.36 to be paid by 28 July 2012

FW £220.08 Owing with arrears of £26.72 (2 payment £13.36) as of 14 July 2012 Payment of £40.08 to be paid by 28 July 2012 And theyre slapping 2 Admin fees of £12

Will doublecheck to be sure

Comment

Fashion World 18 May 2012 £185.37
                      Simply Be 9 June 2012 £233.11

Comment

* attachments removed by niddy name showed!!

Comment

Edited.

Comment

Well, they've replied at last and they've given figures for F&F but not happy with the amount, gonna knock em down.

Re-edited personal details out.
                            I would send this mate:
                            Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference Nos: XXXXXXXX & XXXXXXXX

I write with reference to previous communication regarding the above accounts and your letter from 12th June 2013.

First off, the fact the same email and date of birth was used more than once doesn't alter the fact that an account was set-up by you, for someone unknown to me. My name is not that you are requesting funds from.

However, I have been able to secure short term borrowing of £300 and wish to offer that in full and final settlement of both accounts noted above. Granted this is slightly lower than what you requested but I physically cannot pay that plus I am still dubious as to the ownership of the second account because it is not my name.

I feel it is time to move on and look at settlement, as right now this will drag on for years with no sustainable possibility of success. Therefore, based on my specific individual circumstances, the best I could do is make this £300 payment to you within the next 14 days to close and settle both accounts.

I cannot afford anything higher, so pointless asking. I cannot afford regular monthly payments either, so pointless asking. Therefore I do think my offer of £300 in F&F settlement of this account is more than generous based on the actual level of debt.

Please confirm you accept £300 in full & final settlement of these accounts with no reference or future ability to quote or use Penny v Cole [Pinnel 1602] in trying to recoup any written off balance and also confirm;
                            • The Status of both accounts will change from “Defaulted” to “Settled”;
                            • The Current Balances will appear as £0.00;
                            • The Default / Delinquent Balances will be set to £0.00;
                            • You will update the entries on all 3 Credit Reference Agencies, namely Experian, Equifax & Call Credit

If you're happy with my proposal, please respond confirming each of the above points on official letter headed paper that you're happy for a single payment of £300 to settle and close both accounts; and I'll then send a cheque in the next day so we can close this and move on.

I look forward to your response, in the hope we can end matters on a more positive note.

Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally

Comment

First off, the fact the same email and date of birth was used more than once doesn't alter the fact that an account was set-up by you, for someone unknown to me. My name is not that you are requesting funds from.

However, I have been able to secure short term borrowing of £300 and wish to offer that in full and final settlement of both accounts noted above. Granted this is slightly lower than what you requested but I physically cannot pay that plus I am still dubious as to the ownership of the second account because it is not my name.
                              Send this bit even though we know it's the same person?
                              Just asking to clarify things.

Comment

Will be able to pay in 5 weeks.
                                Would it be OK to change the wording to say that.

Comment

Working...
                                X