GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could they be UE? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they be UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Could they be UE?

Well, the 28 day period they quoted they need to provide a full response has now expired. I'm not going to push them for a response, I'll just leave it and see how long it is before they realise and send a further letter of harassment

[EDIT]

I sent letters to Moorcroft and Fredrickson telling each of them to back off and relinquish control back to JDW and I've not heard anything else from them either lol
    Last edited by pooky2483; 28 June 2013, 00:41. Reason: Additional info
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Spoke too soon, didn't I,but it's nothing to worry about...
      Attached Files
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

Well, I’ve got another letter, this time from Moorcroft.
        Attached Files

Comment

I wrote this to Fredrickson before they sent their last letter;

I write regarding your threats of action against me.

I must inform you that this will be the first and ONLY letter you will be receiving from me regarding this matter. JD Williams has incorrectly involved you in this matter. I have bee in communication with them, offering payment but they have basically ignored my offer and on 30th May they sent a letter, which I received on 1st June informing me they would get back to me within 28 days, which they now only have a week to do so.

During that time, I did NOT expect to receive further threats from you. I am ignoring your letters because JD Williams are acting with malice and using threats to obtain money. They have informed me that they would be withdrawing your authority and amending my credit file after placing a default marker on it. If you continue to threaten me with letters such as “WE WILL TAKE FURTHER ACTION” and the latest one, “CONFIRMED RESIDENT”, basically saying “WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE”.

Because of this, please read the following;

"There is an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance."

Also, in your letter dated 7th June, you threaten me with court action and an increased bill. I note that one of the additional charges is for 'interest', I must point out to you that you in NO WAY can justify including this charge as I have no legal obligation to pay this as I have NOT signed ANY contract in ANY WAY with you. You are breaching debt collection guidelines by performing these actions, in as such, you have NO authority to decide WHO is to be billed any such charges as it is up to the courts to decide this course of action.

So, if you would like to pursue this course of action, I will be more than willing to see YOU in court, as I will have all the evidence I need to have charges laid against you .

Comment

And this one to Moorcroft;

I write regarding your threats of action against me.

I must inform you that this will be the first and ONLY letter you will be receiving from me regarding this matter. JD Williams has incorrectly involved you in this matter. I have bee in communication with them, offering payment but they have basically ignored my offer and on 30th May they sent a letter, which I received on 1st June informing me they would get back to me within 28 days, which they now only have a week to do so.

During that time, I did NOT expect to receive further threats from you. I am ignoring your letters because JD Williams are acting with malice and using threats to obtain money. They have informed me that they would be withdrawing your authority and amending my credit file after placing a default marker on it. Your further threats of the default on my credit file is nothing to do with you and it is not your decision on whether the default stays or is removed.

Comment

Just thought I'd update the thread.
              Since sending those last letters, I've heard nothing back....
              Possibility I've won!

Comment

Working...
              X