GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Could they be UE? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could they be UE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Could they be UE?

Originally posted by Flowerpower
    They'd want it paying of course, but the amounts are probably too small for them to bother with legal action. I think you mentioned somewhere you are in receipt of benefits, if so all they'd get is £1/mth even if they went to court so hardly worth the trouble.
    I remember saying that to a load of debtors I had about 15 or so years ago. I had about £10k in total and I offered them each £2 a month (yeah, I know - too much, I should have offered them £1 lol) and said to them, 'If you don’t like it, take me to court. They accepted my offer.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

They'd want it paying of course, but the amounts are probably too small for them to bother with legal action. I think you mentioned somewhere you are in receipt of benefits, if so all they'd get is £1/mth even if they went to court so hardly worth the trouble.
      Yep, I am and fighting the bank for every penny I can get back
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

I take it you are no longer paying the £2/mth... or else they'd never go SBd!
        Nope. As a bit of help and a gift, when I got married the first time, my dad gave me the money to pay the scumbags off.

Comment

Niddy's said I could blag 'em for now and then slip in a F&F when they turn the heat up...

Comment

They have now gone back to sending monthly statements.
            The last letter they sent, ages ago was asking me for a response to their letter saying as it was after the date where it can be digitally signed and therefore is they want an answer. Which I never gave, just iggyied them.

How can they prove it? It was not 'signed'.
            Just gonna blag em more and see what they get up to?
            They are, as usual, adding charges.

Comment

Just getting more statements for both accounts and more missed payment charges on them. will be sending them nothing to see how far it will go before they start getting heavy....

Comment

They've just sent letters regarding the accounts;
                FINAL NOTICE
                I owe £287.64 & £277.57.
                They’re threatening to hand them over to a DCA (Reliable Collections)

I cant remember as it has been rather a long time but I don’t remember DCA's immediately slapping a charge on the debt, but that’s exactly what RC do, can they do that?

I think it's about time I hit them with another CCA request. As the accounts were opened post Apr 2009 it was by Digital Sig so theres NO 'real' signature. I have just remembered, last time I CCA'd them, they didn’t give me ANY CCA documents.

They wrote and told me, as it was done on-line, there’s no signature and that’s it, no other documentation. Because of this, isn’t there some way I could attack them at another angle and gain more stalling time this way?
                Attached Files

Comment

Just got another 'statement' from Simple. It's dated 20th December, I received it 27th December. love the fact that it was posted over Christmas and took a week to get to me, normal post would have got to me well before now - you just gotta love their tackticks.

They mention passing the account onto Reliable Collections at first and then further down they mention as from 3rd January, the account with Candid Collections transfers to J D Williams & Co Ltd trading as Simply Be.

What! Who are Candid Collections? If they’re anything like Reliable Collections, what are they doing with the account in the first place and why does it say they are passing the account onto the people who own it in the first place???

Also, they’re not giving me much notice at all about passing the account over - 3rd January. It's the Christmas period, post will not get there in time, after all, it took their letter ONE WEEK to get to me!

I'm going to throw another CCA request at them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Well, I've recently received two letters from them, one from Simple and the other from UnReliable.

The one from Simple was dated 29 Dec 2012; 'Take notice if we do not receive your payment we intend to pass your account to a Debt Collection company, Reliable Collections Ltd within the next few days.'

Are they STUPID... over the Christmas/New Year period they are giving me just DAYS...

The other one from UnReliable, I just received today;'We have been instructed by our client Fashion World to consider passing your account to a nationwide doorstep debt collection company who may arrange to visit you at your address to collect the above debt'

...Sounds like they want a fight. Right, where’s that template...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have just received this letter telling they are going to do a doorstep visit TODAY - AFTER I have sent them a letter Recorded Delivery, telling not to as it was the template letter I sent. Seems they have just ignored it.
                      I will be looking forward to them coming....
                      They even go on to say in the letter to phone them, I have also said before that I do NOT want to be contacted by any other means than by post... are they thick or what!...
                      Attached Files

Comment

or What! the annoying tactic?
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

They want you to panic and therefore phone them to try and stop this visit.

Perhaps they will perhaps they wont come but would bet a large number of people would panic pick the phone up and hey presto they have phone contact again with you to try and manipulate you.

And appointment could mean they intend to pick up the phone and ring.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
                            They want you to panic and therefore phone them to try and stop this visit.

Perhaps they will perhaps they wont come but would bet a large number of people would panic pick the phone up and hey presto they have phone contact again with you to try and manipulate you.

And appointment could mean they intend to pick up the phone and ring.

Just like the old RMA card - we will call between 8 a.m 9.p.m. signed C.Green. = telephone.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well, they're not going to phone as they do NOT have our new phone number.
                              And if they DO turn up at the door I will give them a copy of the letter I previously sent them AND a copy of the template - Our Templates | Harassment & Intimidation Templates | Harassment Follow-Up & Threat of Injunctive Relief

Comment

Well, I have got a reply to my last letter I sent. They are asking if Mrs Pooky is the same person who holds both accounts as one is under her real name and the other is a nickname she uses. They are asking for proof they are both her.
                                We don't have any proof as such so, could she get out of one of the accounts as the other person does not really exist?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X